YouTube Dog and elephant are friends

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
I thought this was really cute :) And elephant and dog are best friends. The elephant was even worried about the dog when it was injured.

There are other stories of animals of different species becoming friends. There was an orangatang and a dog, a hippo and a turtle, a cat and a crow, and the most unusual, a lion taking care of a baby gazelle

Reactions: Shu
That is just adorable :]

I think it was really cute as I was watching this video.

It goes to show that they didn't really care and we're just friends-- they didn't care phsyically about how they were different. Nothing better then that. 'Tis very heartwarming (=

Cute vid Rydia =]

She's that's an excellent video. I'm such a sucker for animals, the pooch seems so happy around the elephant. They sleep together as well? Crazy..

I'm such a sucker for animals

Ooooh me too! =)

I love animals and to see this is just right down adorable.

And yeah, they do everything together that is pretty crazy stuff, huh? If the elephant was sad when Bella was hurt I just can't image what would happen.... hm.

loved it.

And yeah, they do everything together that is pretty crazy stuff, huh? If the elephant was sad when Bella was hurt I just can't image what would happen.... hm.

loved it.

I know. That dog will not live nearly as long as the elephant will. :( It breaks my heart to think about that. Elephants have been observed to mourn their dead and rejoice at the birth of a new elephant. There are also some in zoos and reserves that are very protective of their caretakers.

Here is another video with other odd animal pairs :) The orangatang and the dog are adorable!

EDIT: oh no! This one will not allow the videos to be embedded, you'll have to go to youtube to see it :(

EDIT: here is another video about the same story as above. It has more footage and a possible explanation for why the lion took care of the gazelle. Unfortunantly this one will not embed either so you'll have to click the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxYiLzWee84

Last edited:
That's so sweet ^_^ It's awesome to see different species of animals bonding like that.

Yes Channy! But not just a Disney movie. A Disney&Pixar movie specifically, because of how he got all preachy at the end there with his 'take a good look america'.
That was really heartwarming though.

All we need is for the animals to talk, and we have ourselves a movie.

But yeah, the preachiness near the end was a bit much. =/

This is like something straight out of a Disney movie.

But it's still so precious. :3

It's funny because Disney saw this story and wanted to make a movie out of those two by using that dog and elephant. The owners of the reserve said no because they wanted the two animals to live peacefully and not be subjected to labor. One of the goals of that reserve is to provide a place for retired or formally abused circus elephants to live peacefully.

I guess they could always make an animated movie out of them. :) But good God it would take away from the story when they suddenly have voices XD

Wow, really? Disney's already ahead of this shit. :monster:

Although tbh, they would be better off using animated animals. Perhaps two that are close on the food chain, maybe one hunts the other for food, and sport? Maybe they could incorporate a few other talking animals, some for guidance and support to teach them that it's okay, you don't need to conform to the pressure of society and your owners.

Maybe one of the owners could set one free, sensing it's danger if close to the other animal. It would be far better off in the wild, and find some of it's own kind.

Maybe throw in a bear attack as well.

Disney could make millions from that.

Wow, really? Disney's already ahead of this shit. :monster:

Although tbh, they would be better off using animated animals. Perhaps two that are close on the food chain, maybe one hunts the other for food, and sport? Maybe they could incorporate a few other talking animals, some for guidance and support to teach them that it's okay, you don't need to conform to the pressure of society and your owners.

Maybe one of the owners could set one free, sensing it's danger if close to the other animal. It would be far better off in the wild, and find some of it's own kind.

Maybe throw in a bear attack as well.

Disney could make millions from that.

lol well there is a true life story of a lioness taking care of a baby antelope. It is in one of the other videos I posted :) Unfortunantly you'll have to go to youtube because they will not allow embedding <.<

I could see an animated movie about the dog and the elephant being very land before timeish. You know, with animals being like "We only hang out with our kind!" "It's wrong to be friends with someone not of your species!" and then having the dog and the elephant being friends in secret until the end when someone finds out! Lots of shit happened, there is a big fight, and in the end all animals are friends with each other which ends in a big musical number about friendship! XD

Oh Fox and the Hound. Forgot about that one. Didn't connect it because that was more about growing apart from childhood friends because of people/animals? change and rather depressing. I don't watch it because it makes me cry.

It's still a heartwarming Disney movie with talking best friend animals...

Has anyone seen the sequel/prequel? I heard bad things. =/

Hm, no I don't think so. I haven't even seen the original since I was a little kid and I'm not sure I saw the whole thing. I know that at some point they both grow up and one starts being mean to the other because they are supposed to be enemies.. but I don't recall how it all turns out. I'm sure I can find it uploaded on youtube somewhere.

FoxHound.jpg

I know. That dog will not live nearly as long as the elephant will. :( It breaks my heart to think about that. Elephants have been observed to mourn their dead and rejoice at the birth of a new elephant. There are also some in zoos and reserves that are very protective of their caretakers.
It's even worse because elephants never forget.

I saw a story about a snake that made friends with a hamster or a mouse that it was supposed to eat in a zoo.
However that isn't heartwarming because snakes are bastards.

"Pack there Derms" I hate it when news services try to be funny its like a dose of Auto-Cringe.

Why was the dog as fat pound for pound as the elephant?

Do elephants make good eating?

What does the guy mean at the end "whats our excuse?"

Some people are morons and not every one is going to like you buddy.

That was cute though.....odd....but very cute!

Back