Do you ever forget a character?

Morrigan

Veteran
Gil
So I was wondering if this happens to others as well,but have you ever ignored/forgotten a character from this game for one reason or another?

I actually have and it's Amarant.I just never thouht he contributed to the plot(except if I'm missing something) and always seemed so out of place.Had he not appeared at all,the game would still be the same to me.

Same for me with Armarant. When I go to mention the main party I always end up missing someone. (I remember that there are 8 characters which makes 2 team of four) Armarant is the one that I always forget.

I do wish that they elaborated on him. I heard that they had planned for more story for Armarant, Vivi, and Freya, but due to the time that the game was being released, the game got rushed and those parts of the story got left out in the end. :( Maybe in a rerelease of the game we'll see them.

And i also wish that they used Blank instead.

I used to ignore Amarant, until my last playthrough I never used him. I used to always try to level everyone evenly, like in most games I play, but there always seems to be one I ust neglect, and it was him

Though, I recently discovered this was a bad move. He is ace with his throwing weapons and Return Magic against Ozma. Like, I know Vivi has Return Magic, but he has the higher HP and did more damage with his throws, so Vivi took a back seat

He's actually not a bad character at all :hmmm:

I used to ignore Amarant. On my most recent playthrough, it's Quina. Neither of their stories are too extensive (you resolve Amarant's initial one upon his introduction to the team up until his role in Ipsen's), and neither of them really intertwine with the larger picture.

Same here with Amarant, it's pretty hard to forget other characters except perhaps say Qunia or maybe even Eiko, I went back to it for the first time in years and had completley forgot about Amarant, very undeveloped character in my opinion.

at first i didnt pay much attention to Amarant because he didnt really have a story of his own like Vivi or Dagger and i didnt think he was a great fighter either and i would use quina an try to get all of her blue magics. but now i like amarant more than quina for his throw ability. i usualy use a party of zidane, vivi, amamrant & dagger or eiko (eiko for her dbl white trance) as soon as i can choose those 4 into my party. quina is always the lowest leveled member

I used to forget about Quina a long while ago, then a realized how halarious he/she is and used him/her in my party a LOT, while not caring that he/she has little backstory. (You have problem?!)

To this day I still forget Amarant even though he's on the front of the case of the ACTUAL GAME. :gasp:
I only used him for a few battles after I got him then stopped using him because it seemed like he joined the party for no apparent reason, has little backstory, and little (or just boring) personality.

I never, and I do mean, NEVER use Quina unless I have to. Amarant is almost never used as well. I just never really find a place for either one of them. Quina is almost useless, and while Amarant is pretty awesome, my other party members are much more efficient.

I used to ignore Amarant, until my last playthrough I never used him. I used to always try to level everyone evenly, like in most games I play, but there always seems to be one I ust neglect, and it was him

Though, I recently discovered this was a bad move. He is ace with his throwing weapons and Return Magic against Ozma. Like, I know Vivi has Return Magic, but he has the higher HP and did more damage with his throws, so Vivi took a back seat

He's actually not a bad character at all :hmmm:

I totally agree with you. He's really quite useful in battle with certain abilities he can do serious damage :ryan: he can also learn Revive which sort of came in handy.

For the most part, I never really 'forgot' anyone though Amarant and Qunia were pretty much just there and never really affected the plot/storyline

And same with Bambi, I try to balance out my characters and i always stuck to that so i never forgot anyone.

I'm with a lot of people I never used Amarant till my most recent playthrough and was thoroughly enjoyed having in my party who took Steiner's place and Eiko took Garnet's. That party destroyed the last half of the game his throw and his flair/elan abilities are super helpful.

I never 'forget' any of the party members, but I never use Amarant and Vivi.
Vivi is really annoying. I don't get how people can like him so much. His magic damage is far inferior to the physical attack of Zidane and Steiner and even Quina. We also need to maintain his MP. I guess it's just my dislike for black mages.

Amarant is... dull. We can only have three optional characters (Zidane being the staple member). For physical attack, Steiner is better than Amarant, so Steiner will get chosen over him. I love Quina, so s/he automatically becomes the third member. For the last one, I need a healer. It's usually Eiko.

So there you go. Amarant isn't 'special' enough to get into my party and Vivi is just being too "magical".

my first play through i frogot about Freya A LOT, but then i rediscovered her the 2nd time, but usually its Armarant/ quina but Quina is kick ass *nom nom nom*

I pretty much shove Armarant off to the side. I rarely ever use him (only if the game makes me). Zidane and Freya are my main fighters, while Eiko and Garnet are there for Summons and emergency healing. Quina I use for blue magics, but I don't rely on her/him. Vivi and Steiner I use more often whenever Freya and Eiko aren't available.

Amarant was a party member? ... Oh yeah, I guess he was. He had practically nothing going on: no reason to join the party, no personal backstory or sidequests. He was solid in combat, but my usual play style didn't call for him at all. He came in too late, with no previous introduction, and felt unconnected to the plot.

I'd have loved if he was replaced by Blank, or Beatrix (fantastic character), or pretty much anyone else as long as they were given some introduction early-ish (regardless of when they join) and a personal subplot (so that we actually care about them).

Amarant was likeable in my opinion. I just didn't agree with Zidane dominating him. It just doesn't go with his persona.
I loved FFIX. Didn't 4get anyone :ryan:

I guess Amarant would be the character that I would forget the most but I still used Amarant in battle but because I always stick to using my favorite characters he never really made the team unless I needed him. He is a good character and great in battle but came in very late in the game when I had already chosen the characters that I would focus on that would be in my main party

Oddly enough, I probably would remember Amarant for a long time.......He was definately my strongest character and I always used him so I guess I'd remember him more for his battle actions rather than his story (which he didn't have:wacky:)........But the other characters I definately would forget or want to forget is Quina (Don't really know why I bothered to get him in the first place) and Steiner whose such an annoying cunt.

out of IX I would definately remember of course Zidane,Garnet,Vivi and Freya........But inlike other FF games I'd definately remember Blank,Beatrix and ALL the members of tantalus. (This game had the est side characters if you ask me).

Either Eiko or Amarant, considering just how dull they are. Eiko does have a history to tie in with Garnet, but she's still one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen. Amarant is just pointless. His design is ugly as all hell and his part in the story holds no value, whatsoever. At least Quina knew one of the toughest bosses in the game.

I rarely, if ever, used Amarant. Zidane and Stiener both outclass him, and he's just an ass to just about everyone. Quina would be the other one I forget about unless I'm powerleveling with her Lv.4 Death vs the dragons.

Eiko and Freya are my personal favorites, along with Vivi and Garnet. Stiener is good for humor and powerhouse attacks.

No I never forget a character inthe dozen or so times I played this game all my characters
were levelled up about 70+ had there top tire weapons(kinda) and armor Accessories and stuff.

I mastered all abilities when i got the equipment first up and was diligent all the way through.

No one gets left behind:lew:

Back