Did you think to collect all the party members BEFORE going to Kefka's Tower?

King Sean

I am the bone of my sword.....steel is my body and
Veteran
Gil
Did you think to get all the party members before storming Kefka's Tower?

I didn't. I only got my primary party and went ahead, only to get stuck when you needed the three parties to activate the switches. I divided my party into two teams of one and one team of two. I was brutally crushed by the monsters in the tower. I then went to look for everyone.

What about you?

Yeah I got all my party members before I went to the tower. I was following an online guide and I didn't actually realize that all of the stuff that it told me to do before the tower was optional which is just as well after hearing about your experiences with two one man parties. But yeah, I think I had every available character (including Shadow) by the time I reached Kefka's tower.

I never collected all the characters, as I learned about some of them recently. Although, I did find all the characters you have to get throughout the game.

I still sucked at the tower though :notfunny:

Well yeah, I can't even see the point in going to the tower without having everyone. I'd of only had to go back and get them anyway (I know it's not necessary, but still) I crtainly wouldn't get a few, go to the tower then eave to get the rest, that's just pointless

Some of them were butt heads to get back though -__-

I might leave Gau next time for the sake of it though, that kid pisses me off

I always go get everyone first--I never want the story to be over so I spend as much time as I can doing other stuff and lollygagging before the final section :) I always grab Umaro and Gogo too, though I never end up using them in the final 3 parties.

I actually did take the time to gather everyone. No particular reason - I tried to go through my first playthrough with as many complete things as possible, and I guess having all the characters for the final battle just seemed right xD

On the other hand, I kind of want to to beat FFVI with only the necessary three characters: Celes, Edgar and Setzar, and Terra when she drops in anyways if you don't get her.

I always grab Umaro and Gogo too, though I never end up using them in the final 3 parties.

BumRush + Mimic = 20k damage = :awesome:

Yeah, I get everybody, and beat the 8 dragons and DoomGaze, and go up the Tower of Magic. I just can't not do it with this game. But then, I am a touch biased.

Yeah I get all the characters. I play the game for the story and it just doesn't feel right to leave any behind. Espeically Lock, Terra, and Sabin because they were there since the begining

And Cyan deserves to get his revenge against Kefka. And to see so many pissed off people surrounding Kefka at the end wanting to kill him is kind of epic.

I always get all the characters too. I play the game for the story, so going into the tower without all the characters would feel weird, like, completing it for the sake of completing it.

Fusionist said:
I kind of want to to beat FFVI with only the necessary three characters: Celes, Edgar and Setzar

I'm fairly sure Sabin is un-missable too, I don't think you can get Edgar and Setzer without him :hmmm:

I like to complete all the little sidequests first too. And, I always get Locke last, since I think getting Locke back has the best storyline. :gasp:

Dishonestly? Yes... :D

Honestly, no. I had foreknowledge as to what exactly the characters I did not get in my party could do when I was at the stage where I could gather them back.
So, since that's the case, I decided that Mog wasn't worth recruiting again, since I never bothered to train him at all. Nor is Umaro (Or Umaru?) worth, since he's more a berserker that cannot be controlled- and I'm like characters that can be controlled...

i almost always get every1 except for when i beat the game only using lvl 99 celes, edgar and setzer the only 3 you must get before being able to beat the game. but il never go through that again...

Yes. Everyone... Though that didn't say much XD My primary party was: Terra (63), Relm (67), Sabin (70) and Edgar (48)... As for the rest *sigh* Terra and Edgar were teamed up, and Relm and Sabin headed my other two parties. The two who I left out of Kefka's Tower in the end though were Gau and Umaro. Still, the game was a lot of fun : D

I won the game for the first time as in expert version and got all the characters before the tower.

Then i started it again using the normal version and i did the same but now i have almost every side-quests finished.
Just some coliseum items and few espers left :)

On my first playthrough no i didn't gather all the party.

I couldn't find a few of them so i went on ahead with the party that i had, i believe i had Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Setzer, Terra and maybe Gau...i can't really remember.

Yeah I thought that it was compulsory to collect them all, otherwise the doors to Kefka's tower wouldn't open. There's actually a choice ?? Oh how dumb am I ?!

At first I couldn't be bothered getting everyone. I didn't know Kefka's tower required 12 characters (not necessarily 12, but it's the best option really), so I was thinking "Well do I really need Gau, and Mog, and Umaro? I don't think I'll have them in my final party." But then I thought, "Oh what the heck? I am gonna do lots of levelling up anyway, so might as well do all the quests to get every character", and it paid off. I think I'll do the same on the next playthrough, even though I'll probably favour the same characters as last time.

Yup, collected them all.

I was a bit bummed when
Shadow ended up dying at the end anyways :(

Did you think to get all the party members before storming Kefka's Tower?

I didn't. I only got my primary party and went ahead, only to get stuck when you needed the three parties to activate the switches. I divided my party into two teams of one and one team of two. I was brutally crushed by the monsters in the tower. I then went to look for everyone.

What about you?

Lol. I always make sure to find all my party members before facing Kefka.
Then again, i spend WAY too much time teaching them spells from the espers NOT to care about the other members other than my favorates.

I generally got the entire party every time though I did do it once with the bare minimum... Still it was nowhere near as good without the others there as well.

Yup, collected them all.

I was a bit bummed when
Shadow ended up dying at the end anyways :(

Shadow dies??? Is my memory faulty but I don't remember that at the ending Terra!:confused:

The first time I beat FF6 just got 13 characters,accidentally forgot Shadow while the Triad's power was collapsing the world. =/

Back