Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Ah well, this wasn't too successful, but I've two entries at least, both really well done, so kudos to the two artists who have sent these in. ;)

69ji8j.jpg

1)

oLc3Z.jpg

2)

These two are both very well drawn, I would have to go with the second one though the shading on the picture makes it stand out more in my opinion but seriously both are amazing!

What's missing is colors... Unless there was a criteria against that... I'm not sure, but I think the second picture looks better overall. More realistic, and easier to visualize than the first. The first one seems a little... artificial... The contours were not emphasized enough... I suppose?

I think I know why people didn't participate. o_O
I don't see much landscape art in the Artist's Cafe. If I remember right, Mitsuki is pretty good at it and I think she used to do it as a hobby, but I don't see many other members working in this genre.
If the competition were an FF fanart competition, more people might be interested. Especially since it's an FF site and most people here are crazy about FF. :D

I like picture 1 better. It takes me someplace. :)

Landscapes :gonk:

I can understand why there are only two entries..they look like they take a lot of work to do.

1 Is pretty and I do like the theme...with the sunrise/set in the background, the lighthouse, and the birds.

2 Got my vote because the bottom right corner looks like it took a lot of work with the intricate shading and I like how the house shows a lot of dimension.

Nice job you two :awesome:

Ya know, the last time I gave my opinion on somethign like this, a twat neg repped me because of it. But fuck it.

To be honest, its difficult to choose between the two. I love the detail in the second but the sharpness in the features of the first really draw me to it. In contrast to the second, the first also looks, to me at least, as though the young woman is choosing between two paths, one for the known path to the tower, or that of the lesser-known across the ridge in the setting sun. Almost seems like a point is being made about whether she should take the path known, or take a leap of faith by going ont he other path.

I could just be reading too much into it though.

I am no artist and I certainly can not draw at all but in my opinion entry number two was the one that stands out more. The shading and all made me give it to number two in the end. Good job to both :)

I'm surprised at myself, but I'm choosing #1. After I looked at it more closely, it really had the detail to it. I like #2, but some parts of it were a bit too cluttered. Maybe if some of the grass parts were a weebit smaller, you'd see me vote for it, but eh.

so, yeah my vote goes to #1

Jay wins this one, so hearty congratulations to him. Thank you both for participating and to everyone who voted. =]

1. Seiji
2. Theodore Payne

Back