Beast's Pretty Things

I can really see the improvement with each one. I really like some of the first ones you posted, and the colors in your recent ones just explode.

MyeyesseeeverythingV3.png
This one so far is my favorite. Stock blends in well, and theres not too much going on, I like the effects and I love where the focal point draws you to.

LeLouchSiggy.png

I'm not the best at GFX, so this is just an opinion.

I think you should read some more tutorials / look through HQ psds because IMO, the composition is way off in a lot (not all, I think the one Lewis and Kira commented on is really good) of your signatures.

For example, in this tag, the focal should be the stock but your lighting is off because you've used bright lighting on his hand and then weaker lighting behind the render. What am I supposed to be looking at? With the odd lighting and the text in the middle you have too many focals.

The text doesn't really work all that well because it's at a really strange angle and doesn't add anything. Maybe no text would have been a better option.

Also, the render is very grainy. It looks like you've run a sharpen filter on it and if you look at the edges and particularly on his shoulder it's very pixelated.

I think I could say similar things for a few of your tags. IMO, you should tone it down so your tags look less harsh.

Reactions: Six
I can really see the improvement with each one. I really like some of the first ones you posted, and the colors in your recent ones just explode.

This one so far is my favorite. Stock blends in well, and theres not too much going on, I like the effects and I love where the focal point draws you to.

Thanks for commenting ^_^

LeLouchSiggy.png

I'm not the best at GFX, so this is just an opinion.

I think you should read some more tutorials / look through HQ psds because IMO, the composition is way off in a lot (not all, I think the one Lewis and Kira commented on is really good) of your signatures.

For example, in this tag, the focal should be the stock but your lighting is off because you've used bright lighting on his hand and then weaker lighting behind the render. What am I supposed to be looking at? With the odd lighting and the text in the middle you have too many focals.

The text doesn't really work all that well because it's at a really strange angle and doesn't add anything. Maybe no text would have been a better option.

Also, the render is very grainy. It looks like you've run a sharpen filter on it and if you look at the edges and particularly on his shoulder it's very pixelated.

I think I could say similar things for a few of your tags. IMO, you should tone it down so your tags look less harsh.

Yeah, I can tell what you mean by that. I haven't been able to create anything in that area(like my tags on the first page) in a long time, but I try my best to make up for that by trying some new things, and experimented. I also went with what you said, and looked up some tutorials, and i think these next two sigs give that out ^^

Smudgyrikku.png

Mewantapples.jpg

Well there they are =3
cnc if you please ;D

Smudgyrikku.png

Ooooooh! My favorite color! ^_^ The composition is perfect! I like the way you incorporate Blue into Rikku's image. Everything seems to fit nicely except her hair at the top. It looks like it could use some blurring to fit in with the rest of the beautiful blue background. Overall nicely done.

Mewantapples.jpg

Ryuk! I really like this one although I would say that I wish Ryuk was bigger to fill out the space more. He blends in nicely and I like the background ^_^

Not much of an update, but these are the latest pieces I've made. Check em' out.

ImReadyToBeAwakenSora.png

This one was a done with a gimp-styled tut, but it was a good, detailed one nonetheless :3.

2ngvr6h.png

^As was this one, and must i say the tut was quite hard ._.. But the other than that, I think it worked out, and the colors work for me :3

Textless, and original size version;
2iasftj.png

Whelp, there you have it. :ryan:
Comments and critique is always welcomed :jess:

Double post for update, and please if it's not too much of a hassle, could I at least get one person to comment so I don't feel like posting my work is a waste of my time.

o56c06.png

I worked on my contrast and brightness here. Now, imo, the contrast works, but do feel free to speak your opinions about it ^_^

mraztavcopy.png

This one I took a subtle approach to. And bonus points(rep) for those who can guess who the guy in the tag is :)

16h465s.png

One of my better attempts at a sprite tag, and considering the big space, I think I did quite well

Well, thats the update thus far. So, you lurkers out there who are too lazy to comment(you know who you are :wacky:), take a few moments to comment, and well, yeah :P

Y'know, triple posting is really getting irrtating for me -__-, but hey nobody comments, so what is an artist to do :hmph:

Four different versions of this one.

WinterSnowboardingv1.png

WinterSnowboardingv2.png

WinterSnowboardingv3.png

Snow.png

EDIT: October 31st, 2010
UPDATED WORK

Entry for SOTW theme Pink
PinkBlondie.png

Vegeta SSj4 or 5 xD
vegetassj4.png

SgtCortez.png

Zidane.png

^Double feature pressies for one of my friends ^^;

LIGHTS.png

WAs going through a graphic depression of a sorts.

Still a WIP
Lookintomyeyes.jpg

Topaz came in handy here
Nimoygrunge.png

Last edited:
I liked the DBZ one most out of the update. The colours are amazing. :gasp:

I dunno if you're looking for constructive criticism, but if you are, like I said in the Rate The Signature Above You thread, I think you gotta watch how you sharpen things, a little, or how much lighting you have on the faces in your signature.

For ex.

Lookintomyeyes.jpg

Her nose looks a little choppy here. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it looks a little off, and is a little distracting to me.

I think how you sharpen the effects look really nice, but I'd watch that little point though. Overall, nice update. :ryan:

I liked the DBZ one most out of the update. The colours are amazing. :gasp:

I dunno if you're looking for constructive criticism, but if you are, like I said in the Rate The Signature Above You thread, I think you gotta watch how you sharpen things, a little, or how much lighting you have on the faces in your signature.

For ex.

Lookintomyeyes.jpg

Her nose looks a little choppy here. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it looks a little off, and is a little distracting to me.

I think how you sharpen the effects look really nice, but I'd watch that little point though. Overall, nice update. :ryan:

:lew:
That sig was actually a wip, and i forgot to actually post the finished project :lew:

Lookintomaheyes.png

Also some other stuffs, mainly avvys and tags

PurpleAquasoul-1.jpg

Deliverusfromevil.png

yayayaya.png

^These two are my current tags im wearing v
Mushroomgirl.png

JackSkellingtoncopy.png
Newspaperavvy.png

^ those two avvys were my entries for the previous two(not counting the most recent) AOTWs

And comments are most welcome, and encouraged :mokken:

I really like this one!

Gorgeous colours and I love the image of the girl! Very cute.

Nice background. <3

I think a border would have make it look a little more complete but other than that it's great!

I voted for both of these. =)

Great work on both of them.

Nice and simple and they both look great without a border.

I usually prefer avatars to have borders but sometimes there are the ones that look fine without it. =)

:sad3: a bit of a graphic slump. I don't really have much of an update, but at least its something :P

JackofBladeswallpaper.png

Wallpaper of Jack of blades from Fable

MetroidPrimeWallpaper.jpg

Samus wallpaer from the metroid prime series

Runmaggot.jpg

Ichigo Tag....VERY MESSY :sad3:

Untitled-1.png
GerardWayAvatar.jpg
IchigoAvatarrr.png

A Few avatars

Cnc, opinions, whateve :griin:

i reaaaaaaaaly love that space one, wouldnt change a single thing, its rad. :ryan:

I still think you need to really work on text :wacky: My favourite pieces by you are defantely the ones without text.
Maybe lower the brightness on some of your tags aswell, nice lighting is good but sometimes when its too bright it really sticks out a bit too much. Im not sure how you do it but you could lower the layer oppacity by half or even use a differnt blending mode. Yout sryle is totally differnent from anyone on fff and i think if you just work on these little trouble spots your work will be fantastic.

Sunspacewallpaper.png

This is just a simple sun space wallpaper I did. I used a black hole space stock(Click here for stock), but the actual sun was made by me :andry:

BassWallpaper.jpg

I just love making wallpapers :ryan:

Gerardwaycopy.jpg

My Entry for the "Freestyle" sotw last week. And desptie what most have said, I personally love this sig out of any of mine. I'm most proud of it :ryan:

Whelp, there's my update until saturday or something :griin:

Comment and whatnot :mokken:

I wasn't feeling the freestyle signature. :lew: But if you're happy with it yourself, that's really all that matters, and really the only person you gotta satisfy in the end. :ryan:

I think you're at best with your wallpapers. The sun wally is fucking amazing. Love the background, and the effects you have going on in the sun. It looks drop dead gorgeous. Really loving it. Samus wallpaper colours were droolicious too. It looked really clean and vibrant.

Pretty small update, but that shouldn't stop you lurkers to comment :hmph:

CoheedandCambria.png

SEcret santa gift for Joey :ryan:

RedRum.png

Just a little something I made for a friend on another forum :3

A Few avvys;

JackBaur.png
CuteKyuubi.jpg
LightbulbAvatar.jpg

Yeh,not much of an update, but comment anyways. :mokken:

I quite like this one.

Nice rich colours of red used and the effects in the background look nice.

Good blending of the character and the text is placed okay, though I think it could go to the right a tad more, and I think a different font would look better personally. This one doesn't seem to suit the whole feel of the signature very well in my opinion.

Other than that, nice work. =)

Oooookay, update time :ryan:

StartARiot.png

B-day pressie for Kira :ryan:

llprotectyou.png

Callout entry with Sol Blade

Uverworld.png

Callout Entry with Raye...which I got murdered in :8F:

OurFoundingFather.png

MAde it for the hell of it xD

Epiphany.png

This one was interesting, I had fun withit ^^