Beast's Pretty Things

Sexy Beast

A beast into the jungle of life
Veteran
Gil
Well I've been sort of gone from showing my work here lately, but that is only because I've looked for some new styles, and here is what I've came up with.

kkssigcopy.png

Tried something different

Anubissigcopy.png

Typographycopy.png

First attempt at Typography.

Silloettecopy-1.png

Lulutagcopy.png

Rockstar.png

This is a majority of my latest work. It's to give you a little taste of what's to come from me in the summer.

Last edited:
I quite like your style.

I love the way you light up the signatures. It has a soft and vibrant feel about them.

The background textures are appealing and the characters are blended in well.

I would suggest giving them a border and maybe add in some text.

Otherwise, great work. =)

=) Well thanks. And the thing about the Border and Text, sometimes it can be good to add them on, but on other ocasions, they can just ruin a tag; but it just depends on the tag and the way it's presented. But yeah, thanks again ^^

Kenshinavatarcopy.png
SasukeAvatarcopy.png
HitsugayaAvatarcopy.png
Kenshiavatarcopy.png

Snowtag.png

starksig.png

Dancersig.png

ZackFairsig.png

Utadaspace.png

Sorry for a double post, but needed this for an update. Promise I'll try to update every few days, but in the meantime, won't you lurkers comment and give me feedback, so i feel positive about updating :mrgreen:

im sory im sorry im sorry i totally forgot :wacky:

Rockstar.png

Im gunna comment on this one as this is by FAR my favourite thing youv did to date. Your quickly getting your own style, one that stands out on fff and in general.
I like the lighting youv got going on and the combination of sharpening and bright contrast. Lack of text, i like. I think the other sigs could do with some little tweeks here and there but this one is rocking :ryan:

Out of the avatars, this one here is my favorite
Kenshinavatarcopy.png

I like the coloration and the clouds. I dunno if thats an effect but if not it looks damn natural.

Now the sigs...
kkssigcopy.png

This one is very unique. It looks like you may have sharpened Sora a bit there, but it makes it look fantastic. But it does seem a little bright to me. I would tone down the brightness and depending on how it looks after that do some contrast changes. The color works out overall, as does the lighting. The speckles there look like they could use some smoother edges, they look to angular to me

Silloettecopy-1.png

Any music related GFX is always ace :mokken:

I just wanted to say that :mokken:

Rockstar.png

Once again, music GFX is always ace. This one though is spectacular. The colors look as though someone smashed stained glass (thats a good thing). And for the record, text so would have killed it.

Liking the style :D

I'll second what Lewis said here.

You're developing a great style of your own. It looks appealing to the eye, and I think it's a fresh style that's going to be added to the FFF graphic section. It's really great to see how graphic artists develop their own style from scratch.

I was going to say I think you over sharpen things a little too much, but I think it suits for the style you got, I'd be careful with it though, it may look a tad LQ sometimes.

My favourite would have to be;
Rockstar.png

That one. It has great colours, and positioning. It works perfectly without text. =)

s1elleface.gif

Oh you guy's. Thanks for the lovely comments :monster:. I never thought that this would be my own style, but hey guess i was wrong xD.

Okay as for my latest, i went a little crazy with it :wacky:. So if it's a bit "out there", don't think much on it, i just went with what I had in mind.

bangbangcs2style.png

^Colab with a friend of mine:D
Go ahead and Comment and critique :highfive:

Last edited:
>__> i really hate to TRIPLE post, but nobody commented, so i'm going to do this for the damn sake of getting some comments XD

Whereyaheadinsweets.png

ComeWithMe.png

BurstAngel.png

TerraCymb.png

^This one was for a SOTW on Khinsider forums. The theme was "CYMB"--C.Y.M.B. is basically using Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, and Black as the primary colors.

SO, PLEASE can you lurkers comment..^^;

bangbangcs2style.png

Loving the colours, and sharpness in this 'small large piece'. The effects are really pretty, and I like how you kept the colours toned and linked together, I can't find anything clashing. =)

I think you're getting way better, and like I said already, the style you're developing works really well. Keep it uuuuup.

It's not that I dislike your work, but I just feel it's the same old shit really. I don't find much text appealing and everything just looks similar to me. Looks like you don't really give much of a shit about lighting and most of the stocks just look slapped on rather than blended in. The Explode Bam one is by far my favourite though. I wish he was a bit more blended in but I love the colours of that one in general and it's the one I can see where the text looks extremely appealing to me.

I hardly ever make shit anymore but I was never a brush fan. The only brushes worth using in my eyes were Fractals. Grunge just looks dirty and takes too many layers to balance out. Nothing beats blurred Fractals on hard light =D

Though I like the Manga colouring in. I can see missing bits but it's early days right? So you can do waaaaay better in the future. Perhaps make it into a signature too. Now that would be pretty awesome.

I really like this piece, although I think a simple border might help complete it. I like the text, and the colours used, although, I think the lighting might be a little too bright, especially around his face, which looks really sharp.

I love this, although, I think it would look better if the lighting wasn't there / was toned down, it's a little too harsh, especially at the top. However, I love the colours and the effects used, and the text itself is great.

Now these two pieces are WONDERFUL. The Lulu one, in particular, is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours, the effects and the blending. The text fits too. As for the second one, I love the random bursts of colour, the purple and blues work really well together.

I like the concept of this, and the colours are gorgeous. I think some of the effects may be overly sharpened, and more could be done with the lighting. The E is really bright, and then the area around him is very dull, and it's noticeable. It's a definite progression though, and it looks very effective ^^

Keep up the great work :yay:

D: sorries

mangacoloring.png

Don't bash me for its a manga coloring, and probably some parts i missed :c. So yeah. lol

>__> i really hate to TRIPLE post, but nobody commented, so i'm going to do this for the damn sake of getting some comments XD

Whereyaheadinsweets.png

ComeWithMe.png

BurstAngel.png

TerraCymb.png

^This one was for a SOTW on Khinsider forums. The theme was "CYMB"--C.Y.M.B. is basically using Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, and Black as the primary colors.

SO, PLEASE can you lurkers comment..^^;

So, along with these, theres a couple more :3

Liethegoddessofluck-1.jpg

FaithoftheCreedcopy.png

LastAirbenderTag.png

^I know the effect on the arms are wrong lol.

I quite like this one.

It's rather different from the rest and has a quirky feel about it.

The lighting works well as it gets darker over in the right hand bottom corner though, I think it could have been a bit brighter around the text as I feel that this is the main focal.

Nice font used for the text and the angle is nifty too.

Nice use of colour and the half border works nicely. =)

Keep it up!

CityNaruto.png

OMG THIS IS SO KICKASS! I love hthis Naruto one. The colors are fantastic!

MyeyesseeeverythingV3.png

I really like this version better than the black and white one. It gives out an amazing gothic vibe. I would love to see a tutorial on this....well on all of your sigs really XD

FaithoftheCreedcopy.png

Really diggin the blue here. I honestly love all your work. The lighting you put into them all is fantastic. Please make a tutorial on how to make these. You're so talented with color and backgrounds and lighting it's almost scary.

I feel ya on the nobody commenting thing. It must mean you're work is too good for others to critique XD But really I like your works, the top three are my faves and seriously think about tutorial making :britt: Bai for now! ^_^

R
eally diggin the blue here. I honestly love all your work. The lighting you put into them all is fantastic. Please make a tutorial on how to make these. You're so talented with color and backgrounds and lighting it's almost scary.

^^ well thanks. I always seen my work as good, but it's nice to hear that it's better then my own expectations.

I feel ya on the nobody commenting thing. It must mean you're work is too good for others to critique XD But really I like your works, the top three are my faves and seriously think about tutorial making :britt: Bai for now! ^_^

haha, I never really thought about making tuts; probably because I suck at explaining and such. I never been one for making tuts. It's usually when people ask how i do things, and how i make my tags, I simply send them some of my psds, and they can get see first hand ^^. Really, tut-making isn't what i do, but more so of giving out my psds as guidence; but I appreciate the encouragement :jess:. I might acutally consider it; though i'll probably forget how to make a certain tag :wacky:

To keep this from being archived, I shall post updates :ryan:

A new wallpaper I made earlier today

122nfkg.jpg

Practiced some smudging here, and note, all effects were made purely with the tools of trade(photoshop)--well aside from a wireframe i used, but still :3

LeLouchSiggy.png

Made this Ventus tag last night, and I quite like the outcome ^^

StarSkyVentussig.png

Well that's it. Now, as said before; Critique of any kind is greatly welcomed. This can range from just saying how good my work is or how YOU think i can improve ^^

Back