battle system

sephiroth24300

ON YOUR KNEES! I WANT YOU TO BEG FOR FORGIVENESS.-
Gil
does anyone else think that this is the best and easiest battle system? the other battle systems are harder because if you don't do anything, the enemy just keeps attacking. this battle system is turn based so you have time to think about what you want to do before you do it. does anyone agree?

Not really, because if you move fast enough in another game, then you can heal quickly. In this game you have to wait your freaking turn, and it can get pretty difficult. It's not hard, but I don't really think that's it's all that easy, either.

FFX is traditional turn-based through and through, it doesn't do anything particularly groundbreaking, and it gets quite boring after a while. Because enemies don't attack at all during your turn, due to the lack of the standard ATB gauge, you don't really have to pay any attention. FFXII's battle system is much better; its much more involving. Provided you set up your Gambits properly, its quite enjoyable.

In fact, excluding FFXIII's battle system (because, of course, FFXIII just can't get anything right) I'd say FFX's was the worst battle system in the series.

Not really, because if you move fast enough in another game, then you can heal quickly. In this game you have to wait your freaking turn, and it can get pretty difficult. It's not hard, but I don't really think that's it's all that easy, either.

Especially with bosses like Avrae, when he was about to use Poison Breath and Cids turn was like 3 turns away. yeah, real help that was!!!

I perfer x2's battle system, first in nest dressed (ATB Gauge). thinking on your toes (which usually results in setting my config to memory and holing down the X button) but still, it's fun!

(not to mention the ingame class change!)

Although i disliked most of X-2 it had a really really good battle system, with the garment grids and whatnot.

If they put it into a real good game, and didn't base it around changing your outfits, it would be freakin awesome.

OR evey game could just have the battle system from FFV, that would be the best :D

Although i disliked most of X-2 it had a really really good battle system, with the garment grids and whatnot.

If they put it into a real good game, and didn't base it around changing your outfits, it would be freakin awesome.

OR evey game could just have the battle system from FFV, that would be the best :D

Oh, i feel that! sucks so bad that you can't have 2 dresssphere abilities like jobs in ffV. that was epic pwnage.

FFX's CTB system should have been an ATB systema dnthe monster should abe been leveled up high in relation to the party level much like FFVIII:rage: its too freaking easy in extremely extinguished opinion.

ATB is the wat to go and auto level aswell, coz once ytou master an area on FFX it becomes like whats the fucking point?

FFX's CTB system should have been an ATB systema dnthe monster should abe been leveled up high in relation to the party level much like FFVIII:rage: its too freaking easy in extremely extinguished opinion.

ATB is the wat to go and auto level aswell, coz once ytou master an area on FFX it becomes like whats the fucking point?

Your mis-spells are making me LOL so hard!

Anyway back on topic. Lol yeah LOVE ATB and Auto-Level. like Flare said, having the challenge of monsters all over the damn globe the same level as your party members (or stat equivalent in the case of FFX) would make the game much more challenging, and besides, it's pretty dull having only Omega ruins to level up, I'd much rather like to see Desert or Kilika even! imagine it: Kilika electric Elementals with Thundaga and Lulu's stats (assuming you leveled her along the right grid path).

Damn that be awesome shit.

FFX was not the best, but it wasn't the worst. Turn-based battles can get super boring after a while since they are easy to know what is going to happen. I much rather prefer the ATB Gauge battles; there you can at least have WAIT or ACTIVE, both of which are grand.

The CTB is boring,there is not the tension of killing the enemy fast to not get hurt(like X-2 or the previous FFs)it's boring too because most of the enemies die with one hit at the first time you visit some areas,so most ot the battles are not great at all too(except for some bosses)

I'm actually going to have to agree with sephiroth and say this was my favorite battle system... I don't like being rushed ever when i play video games, i get nervous and i make careless mistakes.. With this battle system i can take my time, plan out my moves, and then excute them.. I guess that is more fun to me..

This game allowed me to attend to all the personal tasks necessary for a night of gaming. I could drink, eat sandwiches, do whatever, and not have to decide between taking a deathblow and choking on my Dr. Pepper. The enemies got their fair share, so there were still plenty of "gasp" moments.

Meh. I mean, it was anything special to me. I liked the sphere grid but, that's a different topic. The one thing I didn't like however, about the battle system is that when you were fighting a particular monster, you might not always need a certain person as they say in the tutorial at the beginning of the game. That you had a 'specific type of monster.' So, you somehow needed to squeeze the left-overs in to gain their sphere grid points. I did like though, the fact that you are allowed to switch characters. I mean, some games don't let you do so and, I thought it was neat. The CTB didn't really bother me much. Though, it might gets boring after a while :hmmm:

Agreed.

Best battle system in final fantasy so far IMO. I don't know why but random battles are less annoying even though they are the old same random encounter system.

The battle itself is gold. I love CTB. I often go really nervous and careless under pressure, but this game allows long thinking time and strategy. Yet I don't know why it feels so fast paced and most importantly, fun!

Oh and currently I am on my first playthrough for FFX. I have to say that this game is going to be my fave aside from FFVIII. Almost everything about it is brilliant. I just wish there is a world map.

EDIT: Sphere Grid > FFXII's license system

Back