Anime Anime in your life

Morrigan

Veteran
Gil
Has anime influnced you in any way?Has your way of thinking changed from before in any way?Do you regret for watching anime thinking that it was a waste of time after all?And how do the people around you think about it(family,friends etc.)?

-Please don't answer in one-liners.If you read my whole first post then you should have realised that I'm not asking just one question so put some effort in your posts.

Well not that much, :\ Yesh may way of thinking is kinda different kinda more heartless now and more anit-social. xDD I haven't thought that Anime was a waste of time, instead I really liked watching it especially when I get bored and I have no games all to play, and my family thinks I'm weird for watching it. -__- However, my friends don't they respect me for no lying and they actually found it interesting watching it in Japanese and with subs, when I invited them to watch Death Note. xDD

I'd say it has influenced me in one way or another. When I was younger, I guess you could say I was hanging out with the wrong crowd (drugs, vandalism etc..) but I made a new friend who was into anime and his influence + anime kinda shifted my focus towards martial arts and acrobatics. Anime has influenced me in other areas of my life too. For example, watching Death Note inspired me to work harder in school. So in that sense, yes anime has linfluenced me.

I don't think watching Anime is any more of a waste of time than watching TV. It can be a little annoying though since some anime's have 100+ episodes, but meh...

Watching anime isn't a waste of my time. :P

I do watch anime but I don't think it has changed my life or affected it. I watch anime for enterainment like we all do. :D

There are good things I like about some long ongoing anime but I do not like fillers. I have finished a lot of anime that are 26 episodes in length. Some can be disappointing when it ends because you like the storyline and wish it to carry on.

I love my anime. It hasnt really influenced me, but its helped me make more friends and open up doors to new anime, J-Pop artists, different manga. Its great to use in your social life. I know not everyone likes anime and thinks they are pointless cartoons, but they really help you feel better. Sailor Moon makes me all weepy and girly, whilst FMA ameks me appricate (sp) my family. God I sound corny!

Anime is something I love and it sure hell is not a waste of my time. My family members really dont care about what I watch. Ikkitousen is probably the only anime I watch when my parents are not home. Yeah so like I said anime has always interested me. I just find its something nice to watch during spare time.

My family knows that I watch anime, and they just see it as something I do. Whether or not they think I'm weird for watching it, I don't really know. Frankly, I don't think they would really care what I was into as long as it wasn't against the law and as long as I get my work done. I sometimes watch anime with my nieces, too though only a little bit.

Has anime affected my personal life? I would say so. Anime served as a gateway of sorts to my interest in Japanese Culture and language. Currently, I'm goig to try and major in East Asian languages with Japanese as the focus. I really want to become a translator and translate things like anime, manga, or games. I feel that it's sort of like giving back to the community because I know that I wouldn't have become interested in anime if there was no one to translate it to English.

I don't think manga is a waste of time. I believe that it can teach you some virtues of life. For example, Bleach tells the reader the importance of being loyal to your friends and to not lose hope, even when the situation is bleak. I am sure that anime has influenced (/brainwashed) me (to be honest, I often look out of the window at school, hoping to see a black note book.. ) *ahem* anyways.. What do my family think of it? Actually, they don't like me reading it. *sigh*

I'm a big anime fan but it hasn't really changed my life in any major ways just given me something to do in my spare time. I'm a guy who normally gets stuck sitting around doing nothing but watching anime gave me something to do, that and GFX. I also tend to read alot of manga also which is another enjoyable thing for me.

Anime hasn't really influenced me in any way that I have noticed and it hasn't changed they way I think either. The reason is more than likely because I don't watch a lot of it.

I do not in any way think watching anime was a waste of time. I enjoyed every bit of every anime I've ever watched. I may not like certain animes anymore like I did at once stage, however, it doesn't mean that they didn't interest me once before.

My family knows I'm into the gaming, anime, fanart and fanfiction side of things and how much time it takes up in my life. But I doubt they really mind. We all have our own interests that we're into and who is anyone to judge us by that?

My partner isn't really into anime but he has sat with me and watched it before and has been supportive of my interests. Instead of calling me weird and asking to watch something else he realises that I enjoy it and knows that I would show him the same courtesy with whatever interests him.

Anime is the substance to my existence. This sounds extreme but through these heroes and stories of fantasy and romance, I have become a much better person. As a child i admired anything that i found "scifi" i loved to believe in fantasy and through out my life i find that with out these releses for myself i would be a very unhappy person.

Growing up i was rebellious and a trouble maker. Shows like YuYu Hakusho showed me that i could be something more. Metaphoricly this show laid the outline of who i am today.

In my freshman year "L" because my philosophy and changed my way of thinking i beacme much more of a critical thinker.

This year i have found "Karasu" from Noien to be another vital person in my character. From learning that the easy road is not the best to take we all become lazy and selfish but we must always fight for what is right. Even if it is sometimes diffcult. I use Karasu as my avatar because not only do we look alike i belive that he is more than just a fantasy character he is a small part of everyone of us. In particular myself.

Anime is the reason i have hope for the future and respect for myself and other. It is more than cartoons these heros guide me through life making me a stronger, better person.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it has changed my life, but i would say that i have been inspired in several ways by it. It has inspired me to never give up and keep on going, it also inspired me to draw and write manga (still not all that good :P). My friends dont care that i watch it, i even got a few of them into Naruto :). And i live in a smaller town so most everyone knows how "wild and out there" i am so i dont realy get any comments :P

Actually, I think anime ended up making me more dark and brooding than before. Since the anime I watch tend to have serious and depressing tones, my outlook on life changed slightly. I was a bit more positive before, but now I question and lament about everything I do or what the world does to me, a habit I no longer find healthy.

This, however, doesn't mean I stopped watching anime. I still love watching it, but I'm trying to lay off of the more depressing ones. Now, I try those comedy/adventure types of anime to see if it helps me.

Last edited:
Death Note has changed my life drasticly. I'm a big time Kira supporter, and I can't stand it when bad people go unpunished. Ever since watching Death Note, I've been using my head a lot more than usual, I plan out my entire day sometimes, which can be rather boring, but it lets me sail threw the day with ease.

It also got me into Maximum the Hormone, Zetsubou Billy and What's Up, People? are awesome songs.

Code Geass has also affected my life in a way, btu I rather leave that out XD (as well as Elfin Lied).

Anime in my life had just been a form of entertainment, while at the same time, an eye opener to the diverse world out there. The different genres of animes have done a great job in filling me with more general knowledge to various issues like the human psychology, teamwork, and so on.

(Shounen, teamwork, etc etc. Seinen, deep human psychology. Shoujo, Josei... A girl's psychology?)

More notably, it also contributed to a certain extent, my drive to delve into the world of role playing in forums like this one.

However, I suppose it's more accurate to say animes in my life had been used more for entertainment pleasures than for lessons I seek.

I don't really think it has affected my life that much.
Maybe the only thing Anime changed in my way of thinking, is realizing that Anime isn't only for little children, like I used to think before watching Claymore.

I will never consider watching Anime as waste of time!!!
For me, it holds the same importance as playing Final Fantasy.

As for what others think about it. My parents don't really have something against it.
Only sometimes saying things like "you cn study instead of watching anime" when I have a test or something. But I always find the time to study to a test (if I need to do so), so they don't really care about me watching anime. At least as long as I have good marks. My friends though have other opinion.
While some of the are Otakus like me, there are others who consider anime as a "a thing for little children". They try to convience me to watch more real films, while I try to prove them that anime not only for little children and try to convience them to give anime a try.

anime hasent rlly changed my outlook on life, and i don't think its a waste of time, it's just sumthin i do when im bored. and my family doesnt rlly mind me watching it, as long as its not too graphic (thats y i watch most anime when they're out of the house lol) and my friends dont even know i like it becuz they think its stupid :/ oh well

Anime has changed me tremendously. Anime has a variety of emotions and feelings in it. If I didn't watch it and thank god i did, i would probably be some arrogant jerk like most ppl are. Plus anime is what got me going to be a artist I'm sure many artist has gotten some kind of inspiration from anime. Except for Leonardo Divinci and all the other old guys "d There good without it.:D

Anime...don't make fun of me, is practically my life. It's shaped the type of person I am, the personality I have, and what I find in common with others. I love to cosplay, watch and read anime/manga. It has so much depth and emotions in it that (even though sometimes the storylines aren't realistic) they still make me think on the choices I make and what I go through in life. Honestly, I can't live without it :)

Back