[6/6] Hashimoto lied to us (not surprised)

Razberry Knight

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Famitsu.com posted a short interview with Square Enix’s Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto earlier today, and SQEX.info were quick to translate it. In the interview, Hashimoto says that Final Fantasy XV will not be present at E3 this year.

When asked by Famitsu if information on Final Fantasy XV will be presented at E3, Hashimoto replied:

Well, first I’d like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year’s E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV.

Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I’m looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then.​

Hashimoto also confirmed that information on Kingdom Hearts III will not be at E3 either. He told Famitsu: “We are are working diligently on KH3, but I think releasing new information will still take some time. We included a small part regarding the story of KH3 In the new trailer [for] KH 2.5 prepared for E3 2014, so please check that out.”

Source: Siliconera

He didn't lie. That initial interview at Thailand was poorly translated, so technically it was misleading.

It doesn't excuse them from being twats though.

i dont think it was the thailand interview. but basically it was confirmed we would be getting something related to FFXV and kh3 at E3.

still...i have nothing to look forward to from SE in E3.

What I expect:

- probably a decision made by PR people, rather than Nomura himself.
- they mentioned something about a schedule of when things can be shown
- FFXV at TGS in September seems more likely
- with the whole "schedule" thing in mind and what could be an unwillingness to show anything more than a year away from possible release, a late 2015 release for Japan seems likely, followed by early 2016 for the west. This would be a repeat of FFXIII (late 2009 for Japan, early 2010 for the west), FFXIII-2 (late 2011 release for Japan, early 2012 release for the west), and LR: FFXIII (late 2013 for Japan, early 2014 for the west). It would also match that two-year cycle they've started to create.

what disappoints me most, is that their keeping FFXV and kh3 hands off. maybe a small blurb, but they really avoiding giving us some of the bare basics of the game. KH3 i can somewhat understand, but i fully expect FFXV to appear next year, and theres nothing wrong with a little bit of info.

remember the long ridiculous wait for Birth by sleep? we still got info throughout the years.

what disappoints me most, is that their keeping FFXV and kh3 hands off. maybe a small blurb, but they really avoiding giving us some of the bare basics of the game. KH3 i can somewhat understand, but i fully expect FFXV to appear next year, and theres nothing wrong with a little bit of info.

remember the long ridiculous wait for Birth by sleep? we still got info throughout the years.

I think there were definitely clues somewhere from I dunno, a financial or restructuring report made by Matsuda or something a little while back that gives evidence of this strategy of just not talking about a game until it's at least a year off from release. Then as it draws nearer, you Blitzkrieg people with torrents of marketing and info, like what they did for FFXIII-2 and LR: FFXIII.

The fact that Nomura wanted timelier showings at major conventions, which has obviously not happened in TGS last year or E3 this year, shows it must have been an exec decision. There are obvious goods and bads from this strategy: the chief good being that as long as you don't announce something too early, this strategy can work really well. The obvious negatives being that we're talking about fucking FFXV here, and KH3 to follow. The WORST strategy you could use to satisfy fans, investment and to maintain face would be to keep schtum completely about your long awaited titles until the final, final stages of development.

from a marketing standpoint. maybe. but, a double-confirmation seems to me like they had plans to have some feature of FFXV/kh3. maybe not a new video, but some details being released. and if the development is going smoothly. i don't understand why revealing at least a small fraction of those details would matter.

Or alternatively, development is in so much trouble that there's nothing much they can do at the moment but tell us to be excited while praying for things to work out. Am I jaded enough to believe that it's still in development hell? Yup. Being jaded is probably not even much of a prerequisite to believe it, because it's factually true that as a company, they're a mess.

Hope breeds and sustains disappointment, after all.

Never seen an article minus the Thialand one that said anything about FFXV being at E3 (and that one was admitted to be poorly translated.) Other than that anything else was people speculating, so... Don't think they lied.

Honestly at this point, anything short of a release date would almost be useless to show/tell, why? Cause this game has been in development for 8+ years. I rather they not show anything until we get a release date.

As far as KHIII goes, again... I don't know why people are expecting so much already, when the team that worked on KH1 and KH2 are doing FFXV, and that team said they are going work on KHIII.

Also they did say they were not expecting big numbers this Fiscal year back in March, so I wasn't expecting much this year anyways... So yeah, not surprised, almost glad they aren't going to show the same stuff again for FFXV and KHIII.

I had a feeling this was gonna happen. They better announce FFXII HD remaster to make up for it :mokken:

Seriously though, when the hell is this game gonna get another update...? six MORE years down the line?

But guys, you're missing the most important part.

We're getting a KH2.5 trailer, which almost definitely means we're getting the release date at the end of that trailer. So, we can look forward to something to look forward to.

But guys, you're missing the most important part.

We're getting a KH2.5 trailer, which almost definitely means we're getting the release date at the end of that trailer. So, we can look forward to something to look forward to.

They already have a release date :elmo:

Can't really say I'm surprised they aren't going to show KH3 or KHXV at E3. I don't really expect anything from SE these days. But they had BETTER show at least something from Bravely Second. But then again, that shows hope, hope I don't have in SE anymore. :sad3:

I thought it was confirmed before that those two games would be there. They may be playing devils advocate. Since Bravely Default did so well they might have gone back to the drawing board. SE did say they would focus on it roots with their RPG games.

There are too many games that will be shown that I'm looking forward to so it's not a big loss. I can live without KH3 and FFXV.

Back