Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Tokyo Game Show trailer

Snow and Hope return in latest video.

Square Enix released the Tokyo Game Show trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2. In it, we see a grown up Hope, more of the mysterious purple-haired character Lightning battles in earlier trailers, a fresh-out-the-hair-salon Snow, and more. Watch it here.

Source: Gematsu

Last edited:
Agh the video was blocked, wish I could have seen what snow looks like, and a grown up hope, lets hope his attitude fits the look ^_-. hmmm his hair doesnt look silver that much anymore now it just looks plain white o.o

I just saw the trailer by following the instructions of Gematsu. I may as well post my thoughts and.. well I hope it comes up soon. They should not be taking it down when they will release it in a few hours. Anyway, Hope is a business man now? He has matured so much thankfully. I might actually like him better this time around. xD Snow's hair made me laugh a lot. He really looks different :lew: Beautiful trailer if I do say so myself. Lightning and Serah meet once again. I just want to know where is Sazh? Did they not say he was going to be in the trailer? I believe they actually said his Japanese Voice actor was there. I like the scenes at the beginning. It looks like Serah is holding Snow. She still loves him then. Mysterious character when Lightning's rival appears? Wonder who could it be. :hmmm: Also, lol at controlling Chocobos in battle. :lew:

What a bummer. Sorry for the double post, but the trailer is still down. I found one that is not down here http://gamingeverything.com/?p=9187

This is the ps3 trailer for FF XIII-2. I have yet to see the 360 one. Apparently SE released two different trailers.

Square, I'm totally excited for this game, it looks like another solid Final Fantasy game.... but seriously, cut it with the crappy R&B songs. My Hands was bad enough. There's really no need for licensed music in a Final Fantasy game.
Other then that, awesome trailer... hopefully an English version will be along shortly. Hope is older... I wonder how old? I didn't recognize Snow without his toque on. I hope they didn't give too much away with Lightning at the end... hmm.

Apparently the theme songs are the same for Japanese and English, but they are sung in different languages by different singers. So we are back to good old dual language songs like Melodies of Life. I already love the new theme song/s.

That said...

Is it possible to be emotionless because you are way too excited?

I love this game so much. The new trailer is epic.:awesome:

I am so curious about everything that if I were to write it up, it will take ages, so I rather not post now lol.

I WANT THIS GAME NOW!!!!

Agreed! January 31st feels like a long, long time away. It wouldn't be so bad if we got Type-0 in the meantime :(

This looks good. Hope looks older (thank god) Just realised Hope is a lot younger than Serah, yet she looks sooooo much younger..

You know what Snow and Hope are my two most hated characters that I dont care about, however Hope really does look older, judging from that trailer I think he might and thats a big "might" change my mind about him but we'll wait and see. OMG Thats supposed to be snow??? he allready looked bad enough now they just complelty made him ugly x.x Dont think im gonna like snow ... again moving on xD Where is sazh and his son??? I wanna see what he looks like as well as vanille and fang next trailer i guess. I must be blind cause i saw another girl that looked just like serah but with white or blonde hair??? and Im not a fan of chocobos so having them in battle is just e.e but seriously that chocobo attack is just ... :holyshit:

Yeah the blonde woman in veil is a new character called Yuru. She apparently travels with Kaiasu (Purple Guy). The scene we saw her in the trailer is apparently Oerba, but unknown period.

I have fallen in love with the theme song. It's like Melodies of Life/Eyes on Me/etc all over again for me :)

Another trailer will be released quite soon (just a few hours from now I guess), which shows new stuff with more Purple Guy. This trailer is for the Xbox360 while the trailer we just saw is for PS3. The new xbox trailer features "New World" as a theme song, which is just the English version of the Japanese song in the Ps3 trailer, with different lyrics. Otherwise the melody is more or less the same.

EDIT:
for those who haven't seen the trailer.

OMG Thats supposed to be snow??? he allready looked bad enough now they just complelty made him ugly

I was under the impression that that scene with snow wasn't too far into the future from the end of FFXIII (Hope still looked really young) and snow didn't look any different to me. Then again, that would not make any sense in the story line...

nice trailer gameplay looks good, hope looks pretty awesome... snow looks a bit weaid but apart from that looking good :ryan:

but u Americans are moaning about waiting til January.. us brits have to wait til febuary :hmph:

Is that officially confirmed now? :jon:
If so that is not TOO bad, usually we have to wait 3 months after the US:funnyface:

yh 2nd of febuary for europe

FFXIII had a simultaneous NA and EU release, so why there is suddenly a release gap now I've no idea. Still, it's no biggie anyway.

I saw Snow and honestly laughed when I finally realised that it was him. Boy, the dude's been biking. Or at the very least, sold his very soul to Organisation XIII.

I was under the impression that that scene with snow wasn't too far into the future from the end of FFXIII (Hope still looked really young) and snow didn't look any different to me. Then again, that would not make any sense in the story line...

o.o did you see all of the trailer, the beginning part showed hope and snow exactly the same but later on it shows hope alot older and then snow in a different outfit and no hate, he looks 100% different and not for the better...doesnt even look like him anymore.

o.o did you see all of the trailer, the beginning part showed hope and snow exactly the same but later on it shows hope alot older and then snow in a different outfit and no hate, he looks 100% different and not for the better...doesnt even look like him anymore.

I don't get your point, isn't that what i was saying?

Lol 1:35
JUST before the chocobo feral link, look carefully at the recruited monsters tab on the bottom right. PURPLE CHOCOBO. (above normal chocobo) :awesome:

someone in gamespot forum pointed this out.

So now we have yellow, red AND purple.

I think there will be white, red, green, etc variations

One feature fans will enjoy in Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the ability to change the party leader mid-battle. The following screenshot shows the battle HUD, and the fourth selection down is “Leader Change”. We assume from this you’ll be able to switch between Noel and Serah, but we don’t know if you’ll be able to directly control the monster in your party’s arsenal during combat.

lxrzq.jpg

Source: Final Fantasy Network

Yay. One more complaint addressed. Lots of people wanted leader switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back