Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Set for December 15

PS3 version gets special hardware bundle.

Square Enix announced today a final release date of December 15 for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will be priced ¥7,980.

The PS3 version will also be released as part of a hardware bundle called "PlayStation 3 Final Fantasy XIII-2 Lightning Edition Ver.2." Priced ¥37,960, this includes a 320 gigabyte hard drive.

Overseas, the game will be released in North America and Asia on January 31. The European release is set for February 3. Square Enix did not say if the special PS3 will be released outside of Japan.

Source: Andriasang

Last edited:
The special release PS3 is doubtful to be released anywhere else. It looks ok, artistically nice.

Poor kids who will spend their NYeve playing FFXIII-2...bad time to release..

Thats the shit there gud time to buy a ps3 then dont have one but more xbox fan but defly making me want to flash the cash lmao ! Thats if it hit the uk hmm ?

Yeah, like somebody gonna want a PS3 that will forever remind him about this.

Muwhahahaaaa tht made me laugh so hard! :lew:
I agree. I would never buy this metrosexual atrocity ..

It's too pinky and the game is not memorable enough to get its own ps3 cover...

I would love to see older classic ff art on a ps3 but alas..

December 15th JP or NA Release date? Or is it both?

I was hoping it'd come out in January 2012 like the earlier trailer said so any game money I receive around Christmas time could be spent, as I am already blowing all of my money on Skyrim and Uncharted 3 for this year, and I want that to be the end of it until 2012.

December 15th JP or NA Release date? Or is it both?

I was hoping it'd come out in January 2012 like the earlier trailer said so any game money I receive around Christmas time could be spent, as I am already blowing all of my money on Skyrim and Uncharted 3 for this year, and I want that to be the end of it until 2012.

15th Dec 2011 in Japan
31st Jan 2012 in NA
3rd Feb 2012 in Europe
all for both consoles.

And I know people who desire that Lightning PS3.

It's a matter of opinion.

Definitely a matter of opinion. I mean, it's hard to argue with the fact that it looks sharp. But I can't whole-heartedly associate myself with FFXIII. I just don't like the game. This might be different, who knows, but I didn't like the battle system and it doesn't look like it's changed much.

I would snatch up one with Balthier on it in a heartbeat though, lol.

Seen pic's of it in white but still has pink in it 250gb guess it wud look gud with a 50" white surround tv and a glass stand. But goin by the price over there one has to question buying it. But I think u cud make sum money on it if u bought one and then kept it. Well thats my idea lol

Different pic than the BLACK ONE above.... (FINAL FANTASY XIII)
tgs2_09.jpg

Last edited:
^^ You do know it's the wrong game, right? Still, it makes a good comparison. Pink on white looks a lot better.

The pink against the black matte of the console doesn't work. It ends up looking awfully tacky and unappealing. Not to mention you may lose man points if you're a dude and your friends see that in your lounge. :ryan:

^^ You do know it's the wrong game, right? Still, it makes a good comparison. Pink on white looks a lot better.

The pink against the black matte of the console doesn't work. It ends up looking awfully tacky and unappealing. Not to mention you may lose man points if you're a dude and your friends see that in your lounge. :ryan:

Yea m8 i jus noticed that there now come to mention it lol but still probly have that white one instead of the black one. Was the 2009 ver I never even heard they brought out lighting edition back then but there u go. Got the xbox one but nothing special apart for the abit of metal that said ff13 and in white. M8's wud defly hav a field day with that one lmao

You would lose more "man points" if your mates walked in and you had a white PS3 with a completely pink picture of Lightning slapped across the top of it, it's pretty much 100% feminine which I'm sure is why they released a blue Sazh white PS3 to go alongside the Lightning PS3. The pink and white version isn't even metro, it's just all out womanly.

In terms of design, the black PS3 with Lightning has a far, far better design than that of the white Lightning PS3. However, the PS3 writing needs the pink removed, other than that it's much better than the white PS3. I still wouldn't fancy either though tbh.

Ohri-Jin, metrosexual can still be manly. :wacky:

Last edited:
It is only a matter of time before they release one with Serah or Noel on it. These are always going to be made. The Lightning one looks pretty nice. The white and pink one from the original game looked much better though. But yeah like I said, only a matter of time before they release other characters and a similar design. Oh and then there will be Stella Nox Fleuret one, or Noctis one for Versus. An XIII-3 one etc etc.

It is only a matter of time before they release one with Serah or Noel on it. These are always going to be made. The Lightning one looks pretty nice. The white and pink one from the original game looked much better though. But yeah like I said, only a matter of time before they release other characters and a similar design. Oh and then there will be Stella Nox Fleuret one, or Noctis one for Versus. An XIII-3 one etc etc.

You know a Noctis cover or Stella would be sweet, but suddenly I decided portraits are a no no for me. I would love to see a full out background/art instead...or summons.....Imagine a freeking Yojimbo/Fayth ps3 with the controllers to match..now that would be heavenly.. :griin:

We manly gamers should have a chuck norris ps3 or bruce lee Mercurial :mokken:

The white one is a very old release. I think the black looks infinitely better and I really doubt they will put a white version of the XIII-2 special edition on the market as well.

They will not release a white modeled one. I was kinda confused as well at first on why it was posted. It is the one of the original game :lew: While I do like the new XIII-2 one, that pink and black does not work very well. I still think the white was one from the original game is looking better. Yeah Ohri, they are not really creative with the designs. It is just about the characters mostly I guess. While I do love special edition FF consoles, some are not worth it.

Neither of them looks particularly appealing, because they both have genderbent Cloud on the front of them. Even if I needed a new PS3 and those were released, I wouldn't get them - you're paying extra money for a design you could spray paint onto your PS3 yourself, and you could actually choose a GOOD character if you did it yourself, as well. Special editions like that are a complete waste of money.

Also, why are we being given the short straw again? Square Enix managed an international release with the original XIII, what is stopping them from doing so this time? Someone close the map and forget about Europe again? That's almost three weeks. Any particular reason why, or are we just going to be expected to swallow this bullshit again like we always do? Sod off, Square Enix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back