[06/06] Final Fantasy III May Be Coming to PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
We're seeing a few reports claiming that next week's Jump has first word on a PSP version of Final Fantasy III. The PSP version of the classic is supposedly a port of the DS version.

While there are some tiny images of Jump's reveal article floating about, we'll wait for confirmation from one of our usual flying get sources (lest we have another Dragon Ball Omega debacle).

update 12:04:
From those same sources, the game will have the option of Famicom/NES music. A release is set for 9/20, priced ¥3,300 (this may be just for the download version).

[via FF Reunion]

Source: Andriasang

:ffs:

...seriously? The DS version was released in 2006. It was bad enough that they ported it over to iOS in 2011 with a ridiculous price tag attached, but to bring it over to the PSP now, SIX years after it's original release, probably with another stupid price tag, when Sony have another handheld console out that is in desperate need of games to make it actually worth the purchase?

Can anyone say "too little, too late"?

Hopefully it will be a little updated like the PSP versions of FF2 and FF1 otherwise there is really no point. They should just really focus on giving FF5 and FF6 a update because that's what the fans are demaning for them to do at the moment.

I won't get this because imo the NES original is ten times better. It may have age graphics and sound but it sort of has a certian charm and spark towards it while the DS update feels flat
.:mokken:

this will finally give me a reason to play FFIII at least, but it just another way to make some quick money, as their just porting over the DS Version

...Did I read that right? PSP????
If this is true why wouldn't they do the Vita????
Yeah if it's anything over $20.00 Then not worth it.

When I first got FFIII for iOS I thought the $15 price tag was very high, but in the end it seemed about right, honestly. The game lasted me three months and nearly 40 hours of gameplay, and even though the graphics weren't the best ever on iOS, I found them to be a great blend of 8-bit and 3D graphics, nostalgic and fresh at the same time. I actually don't think I'd want much better graphics in the game...they added to the old-school feel without completely being old-school. If I didn't have the game on iOS, I'd certainly appreciate having it on PSP, even as a DS port. If the price stays at around $15 (I believe ¥3,300 is more like $40, but correct me if I'm wrong) this seems perfectly fair to me

oh got something to add...... something i forgot to add before.... wait for it....... almost there.... right....... WHY THE HELL AINT THIS ON THE VITA, A NEW CONSOLE RATHER THAT A 7 YEAR OLD OUT OF DATE SYSTEM :rage:

They should just really focus on giving FF5 and FF6 a update because that's what the fans are demaning for them to do at the moment.

Pretty much this. I really want FFVI on the PSP.

But as for FFIII....I don't own a DS so honestly I will probably buy it just so I can play FFIII again. Though I do agree that this is just another attempt by SE to get our money............this time I will gladly give it to them.

SE owns my soul :gasp:

I really dont see why people get so pissed over this. If they port the game and make extra money to put into a new game, then Im completely all for it and you should be too.

I really dont see why people get so pissed over this. If they port the game and make extra money to put into a new game, then Im completely all for it and you should be too.

This.

Don't want? Don't buy. Simple as that.

It is a quick way of making an extra buck. You may not buy it, but there are PSP owners who will. And its not like they are building the game from the ground up. I seriously doubt that they'll have to push back other projects because of this. So the port is not a big deal.

about goddamn time

re-releasing old FFs is the only thing this company is good for anymore

This.

Don't want? Don't buy. Simple as that.

i don't think that you understand where many of the posters you are criticizing are coming from

they want to buy, but they don't want to buy bullshit. Like Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. They want Square Enix to pull the log out of their ass and do something productive. I'm afraid to say though, I no longer share their optimism or hopes for the company - trolling players with Final Fantasy XIII-2 sealed this company's fate.

I'm just happy that the FF3 remake is coming to playstation consoles, it is the only title that I have not played yet.

i don't think that you understand where many of the posters you are criticizing are coming from

I do; it's just that I happen to not share the point of view :P

* SE releases XIII-2 *

"We want something like the old games again!"

* SE releases FF3 remake for PSP *

"Stupid SE, why'd you give us FF3 again?"

I know there's more to it than that, but things can honestly tend to look like this sometimes. I just try to appreciate each game for what it is. Just because every game after VII hasn't been the best game in history in the eyes of most people doesn't mean the games are worthless. I for one have enjoyed them...for what they are. Comparing to other games is only useful to a certain point; beyond that, it just creates disgruntled gamers incapable of being pleased :P

I do agree that it's a little weird that they chose not to create a Vita version, but I can see why. As of right now, there are still way more PSP customers, and since the FF3 remake was made for other PSP-generation hardware, this is kind of like just finishing the job in that arena.

I'm actually somewhat excited at this prospect, I never got the chance to play III outside of means that should not be spoken of. Though I never used said means, it was always an option. It'll also complete my collection too, I'd rather not buy a DS just for one game so I'm all for it.

That being said, they did decide to do this a bit late considering the Vita's rather recent release and whatnot, but I don't plan on getting one any time soon so I guess it sort of benefits me. =P

[11/06] PSP Final Fantasy III Teaser Trailer and Screenshots

The PSP version of Final Fantasy III that debuted in Jump last week is now totally super confirmed. Here's a first trailer and official screenshots.

As detailed last week, the PSP version of FFIII is based off the DS remake, with some additions from the iOS version. FFIII fans can look forward to 16x9 support, a gallery mode with BGM and illustrations, the option for switching to the original Famicom/NES music, and an auto battle option that doubles the battle speed to two times.

The PSP version will be released on September 20, priced ¥3,990 on UMD and ¥3,300 as a download. Access the game's official site here.

Source: Andriasang

[12/06] Final Fantasy III Has A Few More Features On PSP

So, Square Enix is bringing the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy III to PSP on September 20. This port will have enhanced graphics, an option to play with the Famicom music, and an auto battle mode, which should make leveling up jobs even easier.

Famitsu also mentioned a wireless connectivity feature where players can acquire the strongest equipment in the game. It isn’t clear if this is done by trading or through "PSPpass." Final Fantasy III for PSP will also include a bestiary and other in-game data libraries.

Final Fantasy III will retail for 3,990 yen ($50) in Japan.

Source: Siliconera

[13/06] Final Fantasy III PSP media update

Last week, Final Fantasy III PSP was revealed for a September 20th release date in Japan. The game is an enhanced port of the DS version, which has also been enhanced for iOS devices. This version of the game will include the option to change soundtracks between the newly arranged version, and the original NES format. A new wireless play feature will allow players to obtain equipment and items, though it’s capacity may be limited.

A bestiary and art gallery will accompany this version of Final Fantasy III, as well as an auto-battle option that can also speed up fighting menial battles. Check out the screenshots and renders from the game’s official website below:

Source: Final Fantasy Network

Ok. Why they're put it on PSP and not vita?
if they put it on vita it will be superWow Graphic XD
Anyway i think i'll give it a try even if i think the DS Version is better.

wow i didn't see that. xD
Hmm there's no big Difference between the DS Version and The PSP One.
Ok .. like i said i'll give it a try.

Mod edit:
*posts merged*

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how they just repeat the same information with each update and word it differently to make it seem like something new.

Either way, it'll be nice to play this version finally since I don't have a DS now.

I like how they just repeat the same information with each update and word it differently to make it seem like something new.

I took them from different sources. They are bound to have something similar. The reason why I do so is because, they have little bits of new stuff in it. In the case of the latest post, it has new screenshots taken from the website. Meanwhile, you can ignore the repeated information before the screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back