Your Favourite Videogame Songs!

Me and Hayabusa were talking about favorite FF song what must be a couple of weeks ago now and I said i'd sort out like a top 10 list from 7,8,9 & 10 and at the moment i've got a shortlist of like 100. Yeah, can't see me finding a top 10 or a favorite any time soon.

Major bump, but I just thought of this thread while playing Skies of Arcadia. I normally find space/sci-fi really depressing for some reason, but this one is pretty darn relaxing and I love the childishness of it (xylophone etc). It plays at the Great Silver Shrine (or on the moon):

It's warming my very soul :griin:.

So, I just heard this for the first time in yonks via the SupraDarky best VGM lists and I looove it:

The swampy gonkiness of it, especially when heard through earphones, is sooo good :ohoho:. There's just something about Pikmin music that's so relaxing and doesn't irritate you no matter how much you listen to it :s.

Surprised we have not seen any tale series songs here so I must post one now as such it is demanded of me for liking the opening intro for Tales of Vesperia, perhaps my favorite opening for Tales songs of yet. Though Graces F comes in close second so I will post links to both of them. For Vesperia we have Ring a Bell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpW6ZvIazFk

and for Graces F we have White Wishes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SymLluPY-ig

Still my favorite to-date: The Price of Freedom, from the Crisis Core: FFVII OST.

Serene, sad, and epic, it serves well for the game's coda.

Assassin's Creed II. SO GOOD. I think they've used this track (and remixes of it) in like... every subsequent AC game. Nothing beats the original though. Just listen to that choir.

Probably my all-time favourite though is Halo music. I used to just leave Halo 2 and 3 on their main menus so I could listen to the tracks.

That piano at 1:40. Gives me the feels. Literally my childhood

Also this. Slower piece. I have a sudden urge to play Halo 2 again.

The Last of Us soundtracks are real masterpiece, in my opinion:

Also I like ambient OSTs from Darkwood, very unusual indie horror game:

Absolutely staggering that Ori is Moon Studio's first title - breathtaking arrangement (*insert Keanu Reeves meme*).

One of, if not my most, favourite compositions from the Uncharted series; it is a beautifully subtle arrangement and in the context of the game, the best moment in the series, in my opinion.

One of the greatest arrangements in any games I've ever played to one of the most harrowing / emotional openings of any game.

Criminally underrated and underplayed game, amazing soundtrack from start to finish.

Not the most highly rated Bioshock title in the franchise (thoroughly enjoyed it, personally), but their soundtracks have always been absolutely on point.

This is extremely tricky as I greatly appreciate a lot of video game music.

Aside from Final Fantasy, the soundtrack from The Last of Us by Gustavo Santaolalla is a true masterpiece in my opinion. It has an organic purity to it and really makes you feel and reflect on the human struggle for survival which the characters have no choice but to endure. Particularly the music that they use during the end credits following one of the most powerful scenes I've ever experienced in a video game.

The ending theme for the DLC Left Behind is equally as good, if not even better.

Then there is the prologue / intro music for Shadow of the Colossus by Kow Otani. Nothing sets the tone for the game like this song filled with beauty, mystery and sadness.

Any version of the Uncharted main theme really gets me pumped up for an epic, action-filled adventure. I love those games so much. :argor:

Red Dead Redemption 2's loading screen music, oddly enough, also deserves a mention. By this I mean a track which plays while a number of photographs fade in and out. I find this oddly depressing, yet soothing. I find something very sad about old photographs in real life as I'm invited to imagine their subjects, quite vividly, as real people living real lives, whilst at the same time the age of the photographs instantly signals that they are all long dead by now. It's like looking at ghosts. It's a snapshot of time. Even though these RDR2 ‘photographs’ are pretend and are simply rendered using the game's graphics engine, it is still extraordinarily powerful for these reasons. The music really makes you reflect on the hardships, but also on how people never fail to find beauty in anything.

Then there is the prologue / intro music for Shadow of the Colossus by Kow Otani. Nothing sets the tone for the game like this song filled with beauty, mystery and sadness.

If you haven't already, I would HIGHLY recommend listening to The Last Guardian OST, I've just finished the game and it has a phenomenal masterpiece of a soundtrack. I'm stealing a Youtube comment from the OST tracklist on this one, but 'if it was a movie, the soundtrack wins an Academy Award'.

Just a few of my new favourites from The Last Guardian. I think it may now be my favourite gaming OST of all time.

Epilogue:

End Titles (The Last Guardian Suite):

Finale II: Escape

Forest:

It would be very, very easy to post the whole soundtrack.

If you haven't already, I would HIGHLY recommend listening to The Last Guardian OST, I've just finished the game and it has a phenomenal masterpiece of a soundtrack. I'm stealing a Youtube comment from the OST tracklist on this one, but 'if it was a movie, the soundtrack wins an Academy Award'.

Just a few of my new favourites from The Last Guardian. I think it may now be my favourite gaming OST of all time.

Epilogue:

End Titles (The Last Guardian Suite):

Finale II: Escape

Forest:

It would be very, very easy to post the whole soundtrack.

Yes! I loved this soundtrack while playing the game. I haven't yet listened to it outside of the game though, so I very much welcome the reminder! I'd love to sit through the whole thing at some point soon.

It is a very special game.

Here's some more (again, in no particular order; also, I really like all four variations of the "Memory" theme from Super Paper Mario, though I can't post 'em here 'cuz I can only include up to five media items per post):

And as terrible as this game is, it's soundtrack is fucking awesome IMO; this one stands out in particular:

Having just finished The Last of Us 2 and God of War (2018), a couple of new editions.

I'm going to have to go with a very difficult decision in naming a top 3 for God of War (2018) - the soundtrack is phenomenal and would be very easy just to link to the whole thing.

1. Ashes (the vocals from around the 2:45 mark are stunning).

2. Salvation (3:45-04:00 is probably my favourite composition in the whole game - it's exceptional powerful in context of the cutscene).

3. The Summit

Last of Us 2

Unbroken

Chasing A Rumour

It Can't Last (Home)

Allowed to be Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyZi_6Av_1o&ab_channel=OriginalSoundtrack

I'm more than happy to bump this thread

I think I wanna say Sanctuary from Kingdom Hearts 2. I feel very happy anytime I hear it. That series has fantastic music all around but Sanctuary hits the right notes in my heart.

Faraway Promise from Xenogears is also a very touching musical piece. Another game with an outrageously good soundtrack.

I think I wanna say Sanctuary from Kingdom Hearts 2. I feel very happy anytime I hear it. That series has fantastic music all around but Sanctuary hits the right notes in my heart.
As it happens, I've been listening to all three Kingdom Hearts Hikaru Utada themes this past week. One just popped up on my iPod and a flood of memories washed over me so I had to listen to them all. The orchestral versions are also amazing.

So while I might not have mentioned them in any of my other posts in this thread (unless I have), they definitely deserve the shout out.

Back