Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

Do you want a final fantasy x-3?

• Yes please!

Votes: 126 55.8%
  • No thanks!

Votes: 100 44.2%

• Total voters
FFX-2 was a rather lacklustre game anyway and we all feel the story of FFX has reached an end somewhere now. Hardly anymore can be squeezed out of it. Also:

+ The FFX-3 rumour has been around for a long time. Originally, there were to be two sequels to FFX. FFX-2 would be Yuna's story, while FFX-3 would be Rikku's story. But the developers scrapped that idea and simply settled with a FFX-2.

+ You have nothing to back up your words. No link, no evidence, no anything. Where did you hear this?

+ SE would have done some more hinting if this was true anyway. I don't see why they would suddenly revisit FFX's story.

+ I'm sure Asabella, Cid Raines, someone else or I would have posted it in the news section a long time ago anyway if this is credible.

I am gonna have to agree with everyone here and say that this is just another crazy rumor. As much as it would be fun to have another FFX game I honest dont think they should go forward with it. I think they should go backwards.;) What I mean is if they were going to make another game in the FFX universe I think it should be about Braska, Auron, and Jecht. I mean they made the game with only 3 women, how about a game with only 3 men?

+ The FFX-3 rumour has been around for a long time. Originally, there were to be two sequels to FFX. FFX-2 would be Yuna's story, while FFX-3 would be Rikku's story. But the developers scrapped that idea and simply settled with a FFX-2.
This. Furthermore, the rumour of FFX-3 has been floating around forever there were even plans to make a film at one point, though I think the fact The Spirits Within failed stopped that before it even begun.

All being said, it wouldn't mean sense from a companies point of view. Final Fantasy X-2 wasn't highly regarded as a sequel and I'm sure SE know this, it'd be far too much of a risk to create an FFX-3. Furthermore, they've already started work in the FFXIII compilation and most likely a FFVII Remake which pretty much rules out any possible FFX-3.

Thats right, i did some research, and i found out that there could be a sequel to final fantasy X-2, probably called as FFX-3 its rumoured to centre around a destructive war several years after FFX-2, in which Yuna has 'disappeared' and Tidus is leading the 'army' into war.

The game is apparently in 'Live Action',battles have the ATB system no longer and characters move as swift as ever.

Each character has there own and unique set of 'B.A Spheres' (Battle Armour Spheres), instead of dresspheres and each specific pair has a 'Joining Form' in which they become Aeon-esque entities to battle powerful enemies.

I personally think this will be awesome, im a X-2 lover, and i know some people hate it :(. Anyways, i like the battle armor sphere system and the joining form thingy. Just remember, its not even sure that this game will appear, so dont be so hopefull...

I would welcome this game, although as everyone else says, this rumor has been around for a while. Dont think that SE will do it, as they seemed to have moved on from FF X. Maybe some people will make a fan-made sequel. I dont think this project will be official. X-2 was not well liked, but maybe a remake could better it, if only slightly.

X-2 was not well liked because it was girly, and the majority of Final Fantasy fans are male. Everything, from the pop music, the dress spheres, the moogle suit...everything about it is completely embarrassing to play in front of other people, especially for a male.

...that being said, I really liked the game XD

I don't think there will be another sequel, sadly. Square is going to focus on the VII remake, FF XIV, FF Versus XIII, KHIII, Agito, Birth by Sleep, and whatever other project they devote themselves to. There's no way they can create good quality games if they spread themselves too thin. They're already pushing it.

Geez, what's everyone's deal with X-2. I have that game and I think it's kinda fun. Sure the battle system sucks... along with the acting...and story. Ok, it was bad. But I still liked it.

The rumor you're speaking of sounds cool, but totally false. If only that was real.

Yeah you didnt provide anything to back up that info plus, as others have mentioned it's been going on for a long time yet, I still haven't seen this 'sequal' and as Lionheatcs said, they will be focused on other projects and I dont think the sequal is on their list to do. I mean the game was OK but it could also be because of the business and how many copies will be sold and I dont think it will be high enough for their standards so maybe they just decided to leave it alone?

Last edited:
i would wet myself with excitement if a final fantasy X-3 came out
but it'd have to have Yuna centre-stage
:)
maybe some new twist where everything thats happened over the last so long was all for nothing :D
GO YUNIE

That is very doubtful. I couldn't see them being stupid enough to actually create another FFX game, but then again they were dumb enough to make a sequel in the first place.

If they did make another game, it would have to be a prequel. Preferrebly about Jecht, Braska, and Aurons journey. But really, they just need to leave FFX alone.

A Jecht spin-off should have been in place of X-2. It was fan service at its worst. It ruined Blitzball, RUINED it. The only slight measure of enjoyment I could get out of it was grinding with all of the dress spheres. I suppose I simply enjoy grinding~

I would REALLY REALLY LOVE to have a game for Braska's Journey. I heard that they were considering it for X-2 but went with what they eventually made. This made, and still makes, me furious.
I can just imagine a game for Braska's journey...so awesome :)

I would REALLY REALLY LOVE to have a game for Braska's Journey. I heard that they were considering it for X-2 but went with what they eventually made. This made, and still makes, me furious.
I can just imagine a game for Braska's journey...so awesome :)

I can't fathom why they scrapped that idea, more intinsically linked to the story and soul of FFX in place of a downright bizarre, oversexed walk through the woods.

I think the feel of the fights would have outshone those in FFX because you were controlling a much more fitting, battle hardened party. Poor decision.

TBH i would like to see another spin off BUT nothing like X-2 cos that was just aweful :/ .... it would have to be more up to date as well meaning the battle system would have to be that of FF12 or FF13 and also the graphics and charactes would have to be better :)

Wow just as I voted it became exactly 50-50. I really think X-2 was a failure and I can't see much success in another one. If any game deserves a spin off I would be thinking FFVII or FFVIII. :highfive:

It's funny, I'm playing FF13 right now and was thinking how much more I enjoyed 10 and 10-2.. The characters on 13 are alright but I certainly haven't felt the same attachment as I did with Auron, Rikku, Yuni and company.. I suppose it's because Auron is closer to my own age that I really enjoyed FF10.. I would personally like to see both a prequel and a sequel to the games..

I'd love to see more of Auron's pilgrimage and where it went wrong and I'd love to see 10-2 expanded on.. We know Yuni and Tidus got back together (though I still never quite understood how) so I'd like to see another threat to Spira where they could all work together again with Paine and Rikku. But I don't think Square is the least bit interested in doing this though.. :)

Not happening.

But, I would definitely like to have a game that encompasses Braska's pilgrimage, and see the celebration in Bevelle when he did complete the pilgrimage. Perhaps a secret ending with Yuna and Kimahri.

Platform of choice? PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, or Wii. The reason being that if they kept the turn-based battle system, it wouldn't feel right being on a bigger console such as the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. Though I must say it'd be nice to see Bevelle in better graphics.

What I wouldn't like to see is an FFX-3. FFX completely summed it up for me, but FFX-2 went even further than it should have. An FFX-3 seems like it would lack substance, or go completely off track.

I would LOVE a whole series of spin offs.
Something like the chronicles of spira.
Which would go into the history of how sin came, and the first ever summoners.

NO NO NO NO NO NO! Absolutely not. X-2 killed it, used a pheonix down, and had bahamut use megaflare to kill it again.
Sorry, just got done beating x-2 because i decided that it might actually be worth playing.
FFX was definatly the best FF game ever IMO but there is no where else this story can go.
Ok i'll budge a bit, a prequel does sound a bit interesting.

Last edited:
Back