Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

I think maybe a series of novels would be pretty interesting. :hmmm: However, if there is to be a spin-off/remake game, then I think it has to be full-blown. I mean, Crisis Core was pretty cool. The gameplay was decent and I really enjoyed the story, but I could never be arsed completing all the missions because it got dull. If they were to make a spin-off or whatever, it should be massive, with much of the mechanics from FF games in that era.

Honestly, yes. At this very point in time, I'd like to see ANOTHER spin off game. Why? Just to see what current SE would do with it. Who would be the main character, what would be the plot etc.

I know they'd find a way to fuck it up and piss off the fans of the game. But who knows, maybe if they did have to work on this game, it would revitalize them? Meh.... :jeri:

So my answer is yes, only if we can get the game from the current crew at Square Enix. (whoever the hell works on FF games)

i think that they need to make a before crises in some console plataform.. not only in cellphone

FFVII gets milked enough, they might as well make some sort of remake and be done with it. The spinoffs ruin everything.

I would much prefer they leave this series alone for the near future. I think that Square should focus on reinvigorating their innovation when it comes to story, rather than relying on a plot that was first created near-twenty years ago. It's about time the new blood of the company took the challenge on themselves to make a true, top quality JRPG.

Whatever about keeping with "traditions", I'd much rather something new, refreshing and innovative than ventures back into the past.

If they do end up remaking it I hope that that is the final thing they do with this game. It's seriously hard to believe its been almost 20 years since this game came out. My how time has flown -.-

Crisis Core worked because you knew the ending, and it was kind of tragic to see Zach get fleshed out as a character and you didn't want to get attached since you knew it would all be for nothing. That said, the adding of Genesis et al to the series is the biggest mistake SE have made. They weren't needed and for me have just made the FFVII universe just too convoluted. And Minerva? if she was intended to be a Goddess, it ruins the mythology of the Cetra, Jenova and the lifestream. The dead horse has been well and truly flogged, the only time I want to see a new FFVII title is a re-make with elements of CC and an expanded ending.

I wouldn't like to see another spin-off because there's nothing left to expand on, all they'd do is maybe add a new villain, have the good guys band together and fight the villain... sounds like it has been done already (Advent Children). I guess they could make an AC: the game, but I doubt it'd be worth S-E's development time.

AC(C) was a miss for me because it really didn't add anything--it was just a movie about Cloud and Sephiroth. The graphics were gorgeous and I liked the motorbike a lot =P, but it just didn't click with me.

The series has been well and truly rinsed but I doubt a proper movie/movie series would ever be made so even though it's fairly pointless I would like to see an anime series done like Last Order I just think a live action couldn't possibly encompass the vast and diverse world of FF7 but an anime sort of has limitless possibilities.

Let the series live on through everyones' fanfics, fanart, some novellas, etc. The story's had its run, and a relatively remarkable one.

Thank you Zack, Cloud, Tifa, and everyone else. Now get lost, and move aside for Noctis. :smartass:

yes, for Cloud though. I would want it to be his last battle and to end with him dying. :pooley: that or Cloud's on a quest to bring aerith back. that seems like something they'd do what with X-2 and ff13. no more zack or genesis or angeal, though :damon:

Thanks but no thanks. Every FF7-themed spinoff so far has been nothing short of atrocious (yes that includes Crisis Core, come at me) and rather than making awful sequels/prequels/spinoffs I'd rather they continue making awesome original games.

That being said I'm still looking forward to how they handle the remake.

Yes this game has had alot of spinoffs, some good, some not as good, but honestly I would LOVE to see a ff7 game based around either the history of the cetra, the fight of seto in cosmo canyon or hell the same damn game but from sephiroths point of view, where you get to play the bad guy knowing where the story will end but slowly seeing how it all linked together, that would be awesome!

Back