Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

Hate them? Nah. Maybe I find them unnecessary? But FFVII wasn't my favourite game at all out f the series, so I am not really the one pushing for anything more. I guess saving the spin off games is good for VII because it had the one of the most complicated backstories, and really it needed a game to fully explain (ie CC).

Yeah the plot was confusing and I've been through the game at least 5 or 6 times. There were so many holes to fill for me and CC really cleared a lot up. AC helped a little bit and DOC was something on it's own. But the ending of that ties in with CC pretty well so there is still more to be explained. Somewhere I had read that FFVII's story will be 100% complete in like 2014 or something I heard. That sounds like there's going to be one more game or movie to finish it up. We'll see though.

Yeah the plot was confusing and I've been through the game at least 5 or 6 times. There were so many holes to fill for me and CC really cleared a lot up. AC helped a little bit and DOC was something on it's own. But the ending of that ties in with CC pretty well so there is still more to be explained. Somewhere I had read that FFVII's story will be 100% complete in like 2014 or something I heard. That sounds like there's going to be one more game or movie to finish it up. We'll see though.

I see, thanks. Where is the plot missing now? I havn't played the games in a while and can remember the story that well. WOuld the final game or movie be pre or post FFVII do you think?

I see, thanks. Where is the plot missing now? I havn't played the games in a while and can remember the story that well. WOuld the final game or movie be pre or post FFVII do you think?
It would have to be post FFVII. Post Dirge of Cerberus even. The prequels have already been covered.

I don't think a spin-off would be good at this time... A lot has already come out that is related to FF7 and I just fear for a bad outcome that links to it. I'd prefer the remake though :D maybe those holes will get plugged with references to or from the others (e.g. AC or CC).

I don't think a spin-off would be good at this time... A lot has already come out that is related to FF7 and I just fear for a bad outcome that links to it. I'd prefer the remake though :D maybe those holes will get plugged with references to or from the others (e.g. AC or CC).
A remake like that would be very satisfying for my I'll admit. But the story still has one thing left. Remember Genesis is still around. Sephiroth claims he will never be a memory. So...they've pretty much opened it up but are probably working on the final plot as a side project until more of it comes together. I could be wrong though. And don't fear for the worst my friend, hope for the best.

Haha lets hope it does. Imagine what it could be though, you could walk around as cloud, lugging around a big buster sword....o_O
Yeah, kind of like virtual reality. That would be something amazing. Then you would have to verbally call forth magic and summons etc...that would be epic.

Yeah, kind of like virtual reality. That would be something amazing. Then you would have to verbally call forth magic and summons etc...that would be epic.

But by the time that comes out, I am not convinced we (being gen Y) will be able to master it like we have with console gaming. We may have to leave it to gen Z and we can look on with disinterest :p

But by the time that comes out, I am not convinced we (being gen Y) will be able to master it like we have with console gaming. We may have to leave it to gen Z and we can look on with disinterest :p
Yeah, I can only picture my old @$$ by that time telling grandchildren about the good ol days with an old fashioned PS3. Gosh, looking at the PS3 and the SNES which is where my gaming started....it's come such a long way. It's simply amazing. But I'm wondering what console present or future another FFVII game would come out on? I've heard some rumors about an idea for an FFVII game in the future already under way. But it's more thank likely just a rumor. I mean supposedly Cloud has a child (probably with Tifa) and he also has a little peach fuzz hair growing on his chin. But more than likely it's just a rumor like I said.

Yeah, I can only picture my old @$$ by that time telling grandchildren about the good ol days with an old fashioned PS3. Gosh, looking at the PS3 and the SNES which is where my gaming started....it's come such a long way. It's simply amazing. But I'm wondering what console present or future another FFVII game would come out on? I've heard some rumors about an idea for an FFVII game in the future already under way. But it's more thank likely just a rumor. I mean supposedly Cloud has a child (probably with Tifa) and he also has a little peach fuzz hair growing on his chin. But more than likely it's just a rumor like I said.

o_O what... Thats such a rumour I would think. Though very funny if it is true. Meh, probably the next console or never. At some point, the generation of gamers will not know wth ffvii is because they never played it in their childhood or hear about it enough to be bothered playing it. Just my 2c

o_O what... Thats such a rumour I would think. Though very funny if it is true. Meh, probably the next console or never. At some point, the generation of gamers will not know wth ffvii is because they never played it in their childhood or hear about it enough to be bothered playing it. Just my 2c
Well I agree with you there. Eventually it will die over the years. However those of us that did play it and love it we will continue to demand a final sequel. I would think SE would do that for the fans to bring them a true end to the story. Hell it wouldn't take much for them to fool me into it even if it was bad. Just so I could get some closure on everything.

Well I agree with you there. Eventually it will die over the years. However those of us that did play it and love it we will continue to demand a final sequel. I would think SE would do that for the fans to bring them a true end to the story. Hell it wouldn't take much for them to fool me into it even if it was bad. Just so I could get some closure on everything.

How aware is SE of the fan base's feelings like this? I mean does any rep ever go on a site like this or is it purely what they receive from marketing information and associated work alone?

How aware is SE of the fan base's feelings like this? I mean does any rep ever go on a site like this or is it purely what they receive from marketing information and associated work alone?
If I had to guess I'd say it probably would have something to do with marketing. They really don't seem to pay attention to the fans wants very much. How unfortunate right?

If I had to guess I'd say it probably would have something to do with marketing. They really don't seem to pay attention to the fans wants very much. How unfortunate right?

Yes, too bad. But its hard to know what fans want, as the source of this, would be mostly internet surveys or forums I would imagine. And as we all know, that largely taken up by a small population of extremes.

That's right. Also I believe fans have so many different opinions and wants that it would be hard to find out what majority would truly want. But IDK. I'll vote yes til I die.

As many have already said only for a conclusion, I have enjoyed some of the FF7 project Advent Children and Crisis Core were brilliant additions to the franchise. But Dirge of Cerberus was a disaster! heck I actually enjoyed the gameplay unlike many, but the story was horrid. The epic battle at the end was way to over the top. It was like an anime!

I hope now they just finish it off, with dignity
I actually feel pretty much the same about DOC's story. They focused on Vincent which was okay, and they gave a history on him. They even introduced Nero Weiss and the others which carried on from CC. That was good but I think it could have been much better. Oh also the final boss was retarded too. But let's pray that SE does suck it up and finish the series with dignity as you say.

I thought Weiss was just a host kind of. Like maybe Hojo's will or something like how Sephiroth used his will within the lifestream. I could be wrong though. Weiss is just a SOLDIER produced of stagnant Mako energy. Because he existed in CC remember? You see them (not their faces but check the credits for their names.) Weiss and Nero.

Back