FFX-2 Worth getting?

Why not rent it to see if you like it?

I liked this game in all honesty. It just added an extra bit onto 10. But; this is not being sexist as I am female myself; I would regard this more as a girls' game. I liked the dressphere system and the AP system and all of that, the storyline wasn't the best but all in all its a decent, light game. I don't think it was intended to be as major and outstanding compared to the other FFs, therefore its not as strong. It just seems like an extra add on.

I think that the game looks pretty cool, and I got it my self. I haven't tried it yet (bought at the same time as X and XII) but I'm pretty hopeful that the game will be enjoyable. I would recommend buying it, if only so you could destroy it later if it';s bad.

I'd say it's worth it as an add on to X. If you haven't played X then it's probably not worth it but it's a nice extension on the previous story. I don't think it would be any good as a stand alone game

It was a good attemp, I mean how many people would like a Final fantasy 8 sequel? I'm pretty sure a lot, the game introduced a true sequel in the series even though the game lacked in many areas. I think the game is worth getting for all the side quests that are available.:ed:

I'm not sure why this game gets bashed alot but I thought it was a pretty fun game. I mean sure the plot was lame but the gameplay was adequate. I've probably played this game at least 3 times and I haven't gotten tired of it. Also trying to get the 100% completion achievment will keep you pretty busy, so to anyone who wants to get this game you should definitely purchasssssse. <3 Dresspheres were beast btw.

In my opinion, FFX-2 had the worst story of any game I've ever played. Once amazing and likable characters turned into complete garbage. And the list goes on.

But it was also one of the funnest games I have ever played. And to me, that's all that truly matters. So I say go for it.

My opinion? Rent the game and play it just to find out what happened to Lulu and Wakka and blah blah blah and to tie some loose strings. Don't buy it, because quite honestly, compared to FFX, X-2 SUCKED! Yuna changed into a stupid bimbo who, in my opinion became selfish. With her, it was always about "Spheres! Let's do this job and maybe we can find spheres!" *gag!*

The storyline was WAAAAAY short and dull. A good chunk of it was side quests that didn't really thrust the player into the storyline--by the time we got back to the main part, after completing a million quests, I forgot where I even left off storyline wise. The ending boss battle was CRAP! I was all nervous before I fought Shuyin (sp?) because I remembered that starting at Yunalesca, the bosses got insane! It took me abour two hours to be Yu Yevon, which in the end, made me feel accomplished. With this in mind, I went into the fight with Shuyin and that machine thing--whatever it was called--and was disappointed when I beat him into under ten minutes. I sat back and was like "OKAY! SECOND BOSS FORM! LET'S GO, BUD!" ....and then nothing happened....

So like I said, rent the game just to complete the storyline. Don't buy it because it wasn't all that great.

I say buy it if you want fun, careless and simple, but if you want some sort of sorrowful emotional game experience, skip it, you won't like. Contrary to popular opinion, the game isn't sexist, and Yuna is no more of a slut then she was in 10. I would recommend the game if you want to forget about all the sadness of current life, and have a fun great experince.

This game is horrible.

The story doesn't make any sense at all.

Mod edit: Elaborate a little, maybe? Why do you think it's horrible, other than a story that doesn't make sense? Are there other factors too?

Last edited by a moderator:
ffx

This game is OK....But if you were to compare this between
ffx, then there will be no compatition

The only things I liked about this game were Paine, the dresspheres and... kinda stuck on the third one. Even though I don't like the game I have replayed it a few times. All into an attempt to get 100% and see more of the story but now I'll leave it alone for probably a while.
The story was weird,
Yuna's looking for her dude and then they suddenly stumble on a look-a-like named shuyin who has evil plans and those happen after 1000 years or something.. wth?
It was also a disappointment that there weren't many FMV's, mostly were from those stupid cams.
It also felt like I was only stuck into sidequests. and most missions simply sucked. Finding the partners for monkeys was rediculous. The only mission I liked was the gunner's gauntlet
And what's up with Leblanc's group? o_O They didn't add much to the game.
The gullwings group was pretty dull as well, only Paine was nice.

The gameplay was okay. I liked the different roles and learning abilities (even if it took long) leveling up wasn't a problem for me.

If you only pay attention to silly missions and love battles then the game is probably nice to play.

I think that X-2 is probably the worst FF game I have ever played. The way that Yuna transformed from X to this game, just quite frankly pissed me off. She was my favorite character in that game, and in this one shes an immature pre teen and acts like Rikku. This game wasn't necessary and didn't need to be made, the biggest flaw in this game, was its creation.

I would say so, yes. Just because it's an FF game really and you should try it out.

Most people complain about the story and the characters but that's for you to decide on. You may enjoy them. At the core if it, the gameplay is actually really good IMO. There are tons of jobs which each character looking unique and there are loads of abilities to master, side quests etc.

I enjoyed it a lot because I liked FFX as well and I wanted to see what happened after. It really isn't the worst FF, people are just exaggerating. FF5 is the worst one.

I really don't think it's exaggerating- if people think that FFX-2 is the worst one, that's for them to decide, just like you decided that FFV is the worst FF game. Personally, I don't think you're right either- I quite liked FFV. But that's because I'm not you and we have different perspectives.

I think it's worth getting to add to a FF collection, and although I don't think it's the best FF game, it's OK if you don't want anything taxing- it's bubblegum, basically.

IMHO, it's not an exaggeration. There is nothing about this game that makes it even relatively close to being mediocre. The 2 things I loved about X, which were Yuna and Blitzball got butchered to hell and made into a piece of shit. Those 2 things alone made me hate the game with a passion and hate it. That is far from an exaggeration when people say its the worst one, imo it is atleast.

the jos are great, but thats the only reason i play ifthere was a cheat for having all the jobs i'd stop playing. i mean the missions are so hard. if you wanna beat it 100% don't get it.

Agree...

I really don't think it's exaggerating- if people think that FFX-2 is the worst one, that's for them to decide, just like you decided that FFV is the worst FF game. Personally, I don't think you're right either- I quite liked FFV. But that's because I'm not you and we have different perspectives.

I think it's worth getting to add to a FF collection, and although I don't think it's the best FF game, it's OK if you don't want anything taxing- it's bubblegum, basically.

I don't agree with Claire btw...

It's a matter of opinion but for me FFX-2 is worth getting although by no means the best FF it's certainly not the worst..

if you wanna beat it 100% don't get it.

Well... if you're one for stories involving romance... like I am... I would say get it if you plan on doing this. But seriously... when I got close to the end and realized that my percentage was off by a few %, I just up and abandoned it (=∇=;|||) Now that I think about it though... I might want to start it up again just because.

Aside from that, the graphics are wonderful for cinematic scenes ❤ and the music is pretty good, but I'm still going to have to say get it only if you really plan on beating it 100%.

Back