FFX-2 Worth getting?

I really, really can't understand why people dislike this game. I think they fixed almost everything that was wrong with FFX.

1) Humour. One of the things that made the FF series great, was the developers sense of humour (such as cross-dressing in FF VII or Fat Chocobo in FF III). FFX hardly contains any jokes, which kind of ruins the game. FFX-2, on the other hand, made me laugh every five minutes.

2) Pace. Though I prefer tactical battles, the CTB in FFX led to really time consuming battles, even against weak fiends. They fixed this in FFX-2, so that you can focus more on the actual game.

3) Blitzball. In FFX, you won every game with six or seven goals even with rather weak players. No tactics or skills were actually needed, all you had to do to was to repeat the same patterns over and over. In FFX-2 they fixed this by turning it into Blitzball Manager. Now you could actually focus on the fun parts, such as recruiting new players. It's really addicting.

The game also contains Sphere Break. A very clever minigame, probably my favourite along with Triple Triad.

4) FREEDOM. Most importantly, the game is non-linear. You can do the episodes in any order you want and you don't even have to do most of them. This makes you feel that you ACTUALLY SERVE A PURPOSE, that your actions make a difference.

5) Minigames. Perhaps the most important part in the FF series are the minigames. Breeding Chocobos, Chocobo Hot & Cold, Triple Triad and so on. I can't even imagine playing FFVII without the option to raise my own chocobos. The minigames in FFX were terrible. They were frustrating, unfun and only required practise. And most of them were only available late in the game. FFX-2 on the other hand, introduces several nice minigames such as gunner's gauntlet, sphere break, blitzball manager and chocobo catching.

And as a bonus, this game includes hot chics instead of emo characters such as Auron and Lulu!

So, I can't really understand the hate. I think this is game is really, really entertaining. My only complaint is that it's a bit too easy, which means that I don't have any use for a lot of the cool stuff I collect.

In order to determine whether or not it's worth getting, because everyone's opinion of the game is VERY different, would be to simply rent the game and play it for yourself. Base your own opinion that way, it's risk free since your just renting the game if you don't like it just turn it back in instead of buying it.

Yeah you could just simply take it back if you buy it but you'll be buying it for more money (sometimes) then if you rent it.

For me I personally liked the game, but thats because I loved FFX. But like I said, everyone's opinion is different, some will tell you it's the greatest game while others will tell you it's a complete disgrace but you yourself may not feel one way or the other.

It is worth to get FFX-2 ???

The only thing that i liked about it was the fmv in the thunder plaines when yuna sings.

thats about the only part of the game i liked and final fantasy cant have a true sequal n e way so y did they even try?

*Threads merged*

Many people feel that the game has a good battle system despite the mediocre story.

If you know that you will only like that FMV, you can always watch it via youtube. But if you don't mind experiencing a battle system that will most likely appeal to you, then go ahead.

I actually found it very easy to determine whether or not X-2 was worth buying: I was depressed over FFX's ending and was tired of being depressed about it, so regardless of what the sequel held for me, I just needed to get the sequel so that the game wouldn't be over and Tidus and Yuna could be together after all ^_^

If that sounds like you, go for it. The game has its fun moments all throughout, and it's interesting to see such a light-hearted FF game, even if practically all of the assets are reused from X.

Back