Why so many remakes of this game?

Gil
It's basically a yearly thing now. What we have the PSX, Wonderswan, GBA, DS, Mobile Phones WiiWare and the upcoming PSP versions of the game; do we really need this many? Most of them are just ports anyway. Why not remake a game that hasn't been remade as many times?

Yeah, I think this is SE's new cash cow now they're done milking 7. I mean, it's a good game and all but it doesn't need THIS many remakes/ports tbh. If it was just After Years getting an extra port or two I could understand, since not everyone has a wii. But FF4 itself has been everywhere lately :hmmm: I dunno why the sudden surge in popularity

I understand this isn't really a game that stands out much in the FF series.........Final Fantasy VII,VIII,FFIX and X by what I see are more popular than this game...........Also the original game was released a long time ago so most gamers would be new to rather than die-hard fans of FFIV.

Really I think it just point back to the fact that SE are a stupid company led by a wanker called Wada............

I think that FFIV had one of the strongest storylines and a real variety of fun and interesting characters. These days (yep, now I sound like a grumpy old woman) the only quota to be a character in FF seems to be that the character has to be pretty...

So why remake it? Because SE are trapped in a cycle of producing really bland and boring FFs and they think that releasing older games with a bit of creativity will keep us oldies happy.

Or something :D

IV, IMO, was simply better than ANYTHING beyond VI.

It was the first game you actually had characters you can relate to. Also, many of those characters were pretty memorable.

I'm also pretty sure IV was one of the best selling games. Who knows, if IV flopped here in the US, would we have gotten any others?

However, the one thing I can't stand is the people who hate on IV without ever playing it. In all honesty, it was so much better then VI, VII, and IX...3 games that most people seem to like. IV also doesn't get quite the same Fanboys as those three either.

I'm not so sure this latest remake of IV is going to be simply a port. It's getting all new graphics along the lines of FFI and FFII for the PSP. The GBA port simply got tweaked graphics but was buggy as hell. I would suspect the PSP version they are releasing will be a cross between IV Advance and IV DS. I have a feeling it will have the features of IV Advance (character swapping near the end of the game and the Lunar Ruins) but the localization of DS (Eidolons, Feymarch, etc.). Not only that, but The After Years will be attached to it, along with a connecting scenario.

I for one love the fact that IV keeps getting remade. It is by far my favorite game of the series. And I will buy each and every version of it.

I'll go out on a loop here

Let see.... FFI and FFII have been remade how many times???

VI has had a couple remakes...

and all the PSone games (VII-IX) are out on the playstation network... They remade FFT for the PSP and put the original PSone game back out on the PSN...

I think there just bringing back the classics....god knows how many more times before they can go back to making a new FF every year or two instead of every four to five years....

Ooh boy, another chance for me to rage about this :rage: Squeenix, please, if you're ever going to remake IV again...

REMAKE IT ON A PS3-LEVEL SYSTEM :rage:

I mean holy fricking crap, the amount of money they've spent on all the remakes could have gone towards that instead, and it would be so much more worth it! They did a nice job with the intro movie for the DS, and now through that, we've seen what the characters and world are capable of looking like! So who on earth would want to see anything with a lesser quality than that at this point?! It makes me so mad!!!!! :banghead:

Well... I think the FFIV was the first one to have a solid plot with quite realistic characters... It's just legendary.

Or maybe they want to depthen the story as it is f.e. in VII, X, and so they are working more and more on it.

However like someone suggested it can get boring, why don't try another games... Like V for example... Or VI... Imagine the apocalyps, which on SNES was quite lacking somethin'.

PS remake was ok, GBA was only meant to be with the others in the series. DS is just amazing and new. But come on... No more. There's no reason for another one.

They remake games for the newer systems so they can continuiously keep milking money out of people with what is assumed to be a valid reason of people wanting this game on a new system.
I personaly dont buy remakes unless I never owned the orriginal because I didnt have the system it was released on.
Like War of the lions or FFIV~nds,FF1 and II~psp...a few new tidbits arent worth me spending my money on it when I have the orriginal game sorry I'd rather keep my money all things considerd. A few new graphics,sorry hardcore lovers of what game it may be,just isnt a great insentive for me

Back