Who are you?

The Welsh Paddy

The Human Flamethrower
Veteran
Gil
Cactuar
Alright, so this is pretty much for anyone who's happy to shed some more light on themselves in relation to forum RPing. :monster:

Name? Patrick (Paddy, Welshy)

When did you start RPing, and where, and why? I started RPing about ten years ago on a forum called FFE. FFE was my first time venturing into forums, and I've always loved writing. Creating my own worlds, characters and then stories for all of it. So, upon discovering this RP section to the forum, I was truly astounded. To begin with, it was rather intimidating as the place was full of extremely talented writers, but I dove right in and started my own RP called Legend of The Dark Angel. Thinking back to it now, it was utterly shit, but it did do pretty well.

FFE also introduced me to RPB, and proceeded to take part in several tournaments over the years on a number of forums.
What type of RPs do you prefer? Generally, anything in which I feel I can create a character who has an interesting story to tell. There was once a time when I only took part in medieval-style fantasy RPs, but now I enjoy most genres so long as it's not romance or those friggin' highschool RP's you see around forums.

What sort of characters do you mostly play? I try to keep this varied as much as I can. I've played demons, shapeshifters, mages, humans, robots... I never like using the same character for different RP's unless they can somehow be linked. When creating a character, I never think along the lines of it being the star of the show. When it comes to books, films and games, my favourite characters have never usually been the main hero. It's always been some secondary character who, to me, just really stands out. In games, they would be characters who I thought were really cool but never had the opportunity to get to know them much at all. I tend to model my characters of those types. :)

What influences you? When it comes to setting up my own RP, or taking part in more modern or medieval fantasy types, my main influence is my own surroundings. From going out for a walk, I always come across a place that really stands out, or people who catch my attention, and I can immediately start thinking of a story for them. Other influences come from books. My favourite author is Terry Brooks, in particular for his The Word and The Void trilogy, and also Garth Nix for his Abhorsen Trilogy and the book Shade's Children. These books have pushed modern fantasy to be my top favourite genre at the moment, and they have inspired me greatly.

When I began, it was games like Final Fantasy. When I first got into it, me and a friend were wanting to design and make our own computer game, and it all kinda stemmed from a shared interest in Final Fantasy and our own ambition to come up with something we thought could be equally as cool but still completely original.

-----------------

And there we have it. You can always throw in more if you want. It would be cool for everyone who RPs here to start getting to know each other a bit more. :monster:

*Stickied thread*

Name: Oli, Josh

When, where, and why did you start RPing?
I started RPing on this forum in 2009. I got into it because I was reading the thread of an FF8 RP before I joined the site and it looked really interesting. I wanted to be a part of it, but a few weeks later I couldn't remember much about the RP I read other than it being on an FF site. So I joined this site, found the RP section, and dove right in. ^_^

What type of RPs do you prefer?
I like all types of RPs. I prefer Rps set in original worlds (ORPGs) because I feel like I have more creative space there. I like roleplays big and small, and I prefer RPs with stories that have a hint of a grand scale of destruction(Large battles are a personal favorite :tehe:). I like all genres of Roleplays as I feel any genre can be roleplayed well with a good team. I have a soft spot in my heart for post-apocalyptic cyberpunk fantasy.

What sort of characters do you mostly play?
I play whatever characters I want really. :lew: Usually when I join an RP I create a character I think would fit in well with the world and a character that I could use for other Rps. Most of my RP characters are females who have an overwhelming sense of pride and a bit of an ego. They all usually have different abilities and ways they go about handling situations in their daily lives and in battle strategy.

What influences you?
Media. Every time I watch a movie, anime series, tv show, play a videogame, etc. I get bits and pieces that I find interesting about what I've experienced and put my own twist on them. I love to create RPs. My favorite thing to do is to create dystopian worlds based on the ones I've already seen portrayed one way. Anyone who's read my Rps might find similarities to movies, anime and other videogames.

Name: Baseret. Jason

When, where, and why did you start RPing?
I started RPing on this forum in 2011. I got into it because I wanted to rp more ever since an old rp thread called enhasa closed down. I always like final fantasy and the fact that there was going to be a ff9 rp intruged me.

What type of RPs do you prefer?
I have no preference. Although I lean more towards fantasy (with magic and alchemy and stuff like that)/modern (with futuristic enchancements like cyborgs and lazor swords).

What sort of characters do you mostly play?
I have no preference on character. Though I play women more often. Most of the time, the character I make fits the world I'm trying to rp in. A key fixture in my characters is the fact that they all have some sort of sacrifice they are willing to make to do the impossible.

What influences you?

Games, anime and occasional tv shows. I find bits and pieces of things that intrigue me. For example, I find the volge cold fire weapons of Defiance interesting since it's a futuristic weapon. On the other hand, Sam's recoil ejection sheath is also interesting for it's sheer usefulness. Anything I find interesting, I might use.

Name: Mishi / Shenorai / Shen

When/Where/Why did you start role-playing?: My tales began back on the Advent Children Forums, nearly a decade before this post. I was interested in the many activities that so many people gathered together and participated in. Among them was the role-playing forum and the guild forum. The guilds were basically smaller role-plays that weren't taken as seriously as the RP forum. It was in the guild forum that I found The Dragon's Lair. Me, I have a soft spot for dragons. This guild circled around a group of warriors tasked to protect dragons from the evils of man. It intrigued me. Since there was a bandit raid going on when I was reading, my first post was my character riding in and charging into battle against the bandits.

Stover, the leader of the guild, said, "I like your style!" That secured me into role-plays as I knew it.

What type of RPs do you prefer?: I love a good Fantasy RP. Usually, I find myself either tinkering around in a medieval fantasy world or playing in a world similar to good ol' Final Fantasy VII. Sure, I'll participate in the occasional Modern role-play, but I feel it's not as flexible as a Fantasy RP.

What sort of characters do you normally play?: The characters that have seen the most action in my roster are Shenorai Eterna and Leondra Xanadu. I have revamped these characters several times throughout their run, but there are a few traits that remain constant:

Shenorai is a bounty hunter/mercenary who has the inherited ability to see and interact with the spirits of the dead. Leondra is the princess of a kingdom of winged mages who was killed by one of her suitors. After several hundred years, Leondra's soul was forcefully bound with Shenorai's when Shen was a mere child. Since then, Shenorai has been able to borrow from Leondra's spiritual energy to manifest means to defend herself.

Now, as the years have passed, their souls have been fusing together slowly to the point where the both of them are nearly a single entity. And when they finally become one...

Once upon a time, Shenorai was merely a female counterpart of Vincent Valentine, but I've grown away from that (though we still have a dark-haired character wearing red and black...) after several redesigns. Leondra's character was based on the Wyndian race found in the Breath of Fire series.

What influences you?: Hard to say, really. There are many games, books, and other media that I could borrow ideas from, but I mostly use music to get a post going. Music is what emotions sound like. Sometimes, a scene needs a specific emotion to work with in order to get the scene just right. Not only do I try to make a post interesting for the players, but I try to think of any potential readers as well.

Name: Daren, Squee, or Shaggy, your preference.

When/Where/Why did you start roleplaying?: I can't remember where, but it must have been around 7 years ago when i first got internet. Prior to that I had no idea roleplaying was even a thing, I of course knew of table top role playing games, but was completely ignorant to this style that I do now. I found this much better, I could be more creative and not rely on luck. I started here the same year I joined, though it wasn't the reason I joined the site. The first RP I ever ran was on this site as well, which is probably why I keep returning. It forever has that bond with me, along with the bonds I've made with members.

What type of RPs do you prefer?: Definitely fantasy. If I can fit in some mystical powers, be it magic or supernatural ability, I can make this power go far beyond it's normal thoughts and limitations. If anything, I am a versatile player, taking simple abilities and making them useful. However, when not found writing impossible situations, I can be found writing modern drama roleplays. I'm an enormous fan of romance in an RP, it really adds a lot of emotion to the overall RP, and it also grows a special attachment to the other players. If you're good enough friends to RP a romance, you can RP your way out of and into any story.

What sort of characters do you normally play?: Old motherfuckers. Given a fantasy genre I play battle worn, bloodshed numbed, war surviving badass old men. I feel as though older characters add that touch every fantasy RP needs. The guy that's seen it all, done it all, lived to tell the tale. People with scars on both mind and body, there to protect, or in some cases, harm the better of men. I've been known to jumble with alingment by person, so I can't say I have a preferred alignment. I mostly aim for the Chaotic Neutral. I mostly feel as though if most people pick a character between 16-24 they need that one experienced person there to guide them and act as a voice oflogic in a time of need, I try to be that voice if nobody else can. Granted, this isn't always the case.

I've even been known to make characters not effected by time at all, so they become very old, such as my over-2000-year-old Virgil, or my anti-aging Arukab reaching 300 years of age. I'm always jumping in to be the scar riddled characters. The only exception to this is when i play a drama, then I play someone only 1 year older than me, making it easy for me to relate to his situations.

What influences you?: Music. I have entire characters based off single songs, and in some cases, based off entire bands. It's probably why I have so many characters, given that my music library has well over 50,000 songs. In other cases, my characters have been based off random ideas, such as my own Devin Fairfax, whom I have yet to find a fitting RP for. I go on walks around my town with my headphones and just listen to songs as ideas flow through my head, which not only influences characters, but also entire worlds as well.

Name? Secret! Call me Jack/Izanagi When did you start RPing, and where, and why? I started RPing very recently after I was dragged along by former friends to give it a try. I found it ridiculous at first, due to various RPs set in existing universes (like Bleach, Naruto, etc) which did not seem to interest me due to how limited and how in-character one has to be so that they dont break the canon of said character. I started from another community called TLS. I prefer ORPs so I can explore and make my own people with certain templates (Ralph being based on Iron Man) or entirely something new (like Vir and Nixie based on my depiction of Dragons and Mermaids). I found it a fun world to build on and explore as well. FFF introduced me to RPB and I've began to study and enjoy its concept even further. What type of RPs do you prefer? Science Fiction and Adventure stories. I love to have space stories, superhero/super weapon stories. I'm only branching out to Fantasy after seeing Lord of the Rings, The hobbit and partially influenced by historical series like Spartacus: Blood and Sand. What sort of characters do you mostly play? I experiment. I explore often other archetypes of characters after many failed attempts on TLS' RP series and learning from mistakes. I often like to play strong females who soften later or What influences you? Comic books and Movies based on Comic books as well as certain mangas I've grown up to love and enjoy with. I would normally enjoy the writing style of certain stories based on what I read or see. I'm very fluent at times and try to branch my influences away to the best I can while trying to stand original. As with most of the community, games apply as well such as Final Fantasy and certain fighter.

Back