Playstation Which Playstation 5 version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Playstation 5 Physical Version

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Playstation 5 Digital Version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
With Playstation 5 already revealed, I decided to create a thread to know which Playstation 5 version people are intereses in? Please don't forget to post and give an explaination on what makes you so interested on that versión.

Oh if I go ahead with my Pre-order it was always going to be the physical Edition.

There's a lot of contention around physical discs these days, often games get updates which make the idea of the physical edition having all the data invalid. However I still hold the argument that at least that is a bulk of the data you don;t have to download and installs very quickly. The PS5 will be using Ultra Blu-rays so 100GB per disc rather than the PS4's 50GB.

I like having physical media still as a notion to own the game I also find paying for digital items to seem sort of in-authentic... Technically they are rental in the grand scheme of things.

Also I find that I often get better deals pre-owned than praying for PSN deals online.

An extra £100 For a 4K Bluray Disc Drive for movies and games is a massive bonus in my eye.

I also have like 200+ PS4 games on disc so if the PS5 plays 99% of PS4 as claimed I'm hoping to put that library to good use!

I still have a couple of games on PS4 disc right now, so it will be the physical edition for me - but come next generation, I'll probably go Digital (if it isn't the baseline model). I've been disc-drive free on PC for a long, long time with most of my purchases on steam.

I know a couple friends, whom are space conscious due to the horrid housing market where I live, that say the digital edition is looking mighty appealing - they're rather casual and I don't think one of them has ever walked into a Gamestop before, so that makes sense.

This is also an aspect that content streaming has contributed as well: many people I know bought the PS3 because it was a relatively decent Blu-ray player too, but I don't really know anyone who buys DVDs anymore - it's usually streaming from Netflix or Prime or Disney+ which runs the gamut of many shows and films people want to see.

🤷‍♂️

Physical easily. I can see why the digital version is more enticing to people who are 100% digital or really cheap. However I feel as though I'm really limiting myself if I get the digital version. If I get the digital then I limit myself to PSN and a few other sites for digital only deals. At least with physical I can get deals from everywhere and the savings will easily make up for the difference after awhile. Not only that but the PS5 digital version is way harder to find. Plus I have quite a few physical games still on PS4 and generally prefer to buy new releases on physical anyway.

Don't have any plans to get a PS5 anytime too soon, especially when I'm looking at an oversized eyesore of a design. Here's hoping a revised model comes out within a few years, which by then hopefully we can be treated to a more mature library of titles with enough discounts on older releases to avoid having to shell out up to £70 per release.

But I would definitely opt for the physical version. There's no telling when a game you want will be on sale on the digital storefront, and physical offers the advantage of finding cheaper prices and access to the used market. The latter is particularly pertinent if say, I don't want to give any of my money to a problematic developer/publisher/beneficiary of a game's sales - take Hogwarts Legacy for instance. If say I were to really want to play the game but I cannot find it in my conscience to contribute money that will ultimately end up in JK Rowling's TERF-laden coffers, the only real semblance of an ethical option I have left is to buy it used. 🤷‍♀️

I'm not going to purchase a PS5 in the near future, but I have voted already because I know for sure that when I do buy the console it will definitely be the physical version.

I like discs. I like the boxes and I like the feeling of putting them in, etc.

I sometimes buy digital games if they are giving them out for free/reduced on the PSN store, but other than that I always buy physical copies. In a way, it sometimes reminds me that I actually own the game if I have a physical copy. I have so many digital games in my library on the PS4 that I have yet to load up. Most of them were free games, so there is no hurry, but a couple of them I did pay some (reduced) money for.

Physical version.

The digital version comes in at £90.00 less, but for my own personal preferences, it's far more expensive to purchase digital over the long term.

Digital is only cost effective if you intend to keep all physical purchases; the additional cost of going physical is completely offset with selling 4/5 games after completion and also reduces the net effect of the actual game purchase itself. This is the same for any console I own now, particularly the Switch - bought Animal Crossing for around £45.00, played a good 60-70 hours of it over a couple of months then found it unbearably monotonous; sold it for £32.00 so only spent £13.00 on a game I have no intention going back to - digital costs me more money without getting anything back whilst reaching the same opinion on the game. On top of that, digital purchases are almost always more expensive both on release and sales. The only games I purchase digitally are indie titles and older games that are digital only.

When it comes to the sheer viewpoint on having a physical copy, I'm not overly fussed. I like having extra space so I never actually display or purchase any form of collectors editions.

Back