Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

Which Game's Fans Do You Dislike The Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GumballBob

Gil
This is not a flame thread. Neither is this an "That Sephy fan hurt me feelings." thread. This is just a thread on which game's fans you dislike the most. Please keep it civil, though I suppose you can use words like "dumb". And please provide examples.

I personally dislike the Dissidia 012 community. Attempting to introduce a new way to use an item is instantly dismissed and claimed to be "hacks". Recently, I tried to defeat the final boss in 012, Feral Chaos and after he killed all but one party member, Cloud of Darkness, I equipped her with Training Ring and discovered that Feral Chaos would barely use Bravery attacks and never HP attacks. This would allow people to beat Feral Chaos easily. As Feral Chaos is almost as hard as Mysterious Figure in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, even when spamming cheap attacks. After many insults, declarations of "empirical evidence", and heavy doses of laziness, we finally settled on the explanation that the AI's behavior was changed by this. Which someone had stated at the beginning of the argument. A good deal of the problems with the forums actually some from the mods, who have nothing better to do than close threads for reasons that include disagreeing with them.

Do I have to say it? Final Fantasy VII's. The fans are the worst thing about FFVII, really, the game itself is decent for it's time, if a bit dull for my taste. But the fans are absolutely obsessed with the thing and it perplexes me how the game can acquire such a fandom in the first place. But then, I am often reminded of the fact that most FFVII fans never even really played FFVII (doubtlessly the reason they clamor for a PS3 remake), but instead just saw Advent Children, or played Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core, and that's when I weep for humanity.

Let's try not to use words like "dumb" because fans of certain games will likely take offense to it.

I can't say I dislike fans of certain games as a whole. What I do dislike though is fans who insist that you're "stupid" or "you just didn't understand the game" when you mention that you didn't like it. People like that annoy me to no end because they can't just accept that while they may have enjoyed it, you did not. They seem to take it personally which is a bit ridiculous. Just accept the fact that everyone doesn't have the same opinion. :lew:

I dislike the fans that tend to only pick one or two FF games out of the series and say "these games are the best all others suck." I understand not liking one or two of the games, but to dislike them all but one... I'd say you are a fan of a game, not a series :elmo:

You didn't hear? Squeenix just bought Activision and assimilated CoD into the FF-verse.

truestory.jpg

Do I have to say it? Final Fantasy VII's. The fans are the worst thing about FFVII, really, the game itself is decent for it's time, if a bit dull for my taste. But the fans are absolutely obsessed with the thing and it perplexes me how the game can acquire such a fandom in the first place. But then, I am often reminded of the fact that most FFVII fans never even really played FFVII (doubtlessly the reason they clamor for a PS3 remake), but instead just saw Advent Children, or played Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core, and that's when I weep for humanity.
Advent Children would have been a great movie if there was a better plot with a bit more Sephiroth. The problem is, fans of games like FF VI and FF VII don't realize that while said games were good for their time, like you said, they don't hold up today. You see this quite often when people really, really like a game and will defend it to their dying breath.

Omg I thought it was a vote for the final fantasy I dislike the most.. Is it possible to change my vote for ff6 fans.. Those guys are as obnoxious as the ff7 fanboys. My god.. They criticize ff7 fanboys and then do exactly the same when it comes to ff6. Hipocrisy much???

CoD

I love the games but they have a pretty bad fanbase.
I was gonna say CoD as well :lew:

but for the FF series. I say the worse fans are the FF fans that bash/hate on VII. They make it their sole purpose on the internet to let everyone know just how much they hate VII, what's wrong with it, what it "copied", what it could have done better, what other games are better than it, and on and on and on.

So yeah, I say there's one thing more annoying than obnoxious fanboys/girls... and that's obnoxious wankers who like to bash the "popular" game. :toni:

CRAP. I thought this was another 'Which game do you hate the most'. I voted for FFXII. :gonk:

My real vote is for FFVII fans. Sorry you guys....but between your obsession with the compilation, constant fanboy/girl ism, whining and moaning for a remake that doesn't need to be made, etc. you just get on my nerves. No offense to the ones who are chill and are aware of the other FF games that are just as good, if not better, than VII. For instance: I'm a FFX fangirl. I'll admit it. But I can also admit that FFVI is a superior game. I don't mind admitting that.

But there are THOSE FFVII fanboys/girls who believe VII is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You know who they are. They frequent youtube and forums to go on about how much they love the game, how it's the best game EVAR, etc.

Even the normal FFVII fans should hate THOSE kinds of fans. Seriously.

I really hate those fans too.. To be Honest I hate the fans of any final fantasy game that think that the final fantasy they like is the best of all time and the others suck. I even made a rant about that some time ago.. Something about what really grinds my gears XD

GumballBob - Well, the thing with VII isn't even that I feel it's aged poorly. I can play pretty much any other FF game (besides 10, 13, and the MMOs) like they're the height of fashion. The problem is more that the fans of VII elevate it as something it never was to begin with. It was never really unique in gameplay, story, or characters, even in it's own time, but the fans treat it like the Bible or Shakespeare. It's genuinely puzzling because of how much I've gone out of my way to try and love the game, but always failed to even care.

Hmm, I've never had any problems with fans, but like has been said already here, the FF7 haters are normally worse than the fans. They chuck their comments all over the place where their only intention is to annoy and offend the fans. i.e. if anyone, it's the haters who've ruined the great game that is FF7 and not the fans. The fans are just doing what fans do...being fanatical :/

Dude... Some people worship things that are deemed by the common folk ridiculous.. The thing is FF7 is the final fantasy game which produced more fanatics. Personally its my favourite entry of the series along with 4,8,9,10 (Yes I like them equally). But your coming out as the know it all guy. I dont know if it is your intention but your opinions, you make them sound as facts and that is just plain irritating to me.(If that was not your intention I apologize but there are some cocky people out there who sound arrogant enough to try to discredit other people's opinions).
Edit:Answer to WolfBlack

If I come across as meanspirited, I don't intend to. Maybe you're projecting a bit onto my words? I apologize, but I'm just explaining what the FF VII fans are like, as per the topic allows. I'm a huge fan of FF VIII and IX, but do I go around praising them everywhere, to the point of actively trying to silence fans of everything else? Hardly. I don't even badmouth people for pointing out their flaws, because I believe everything positive AND negative should be said.

No offense to the ones who are chill and are aware of the other FF games that are just as good, if not better, than VII. For instance: I'm a FFX fangirl. I'll admit it. But I can also admit that FFVI is a superior game. I don't mind admitting that.
Haha, that makes no sense at all :lew: if in THEIR opinion VII is the better game or the best out of the series then that's just as valid as you saying there's other FF titles better. These are just people's opinions, man. It's about time people chillax about it and stop acting as if someone else is crazy for saying a game is better than another game when it's THEIR opinion.

But there are THOSE FFVII fanboys/girls who believe VII is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Maybe it is the greatest game in their opinion. What's it to you or anyone else? I think it's annoying when VI fans think VI is a superior game than all the other titles.

See what I did there?

that's called opinions. I have one, you have one, everyone in the world has one. ;)

But hating a fan just because they believe one game is better than the rest is just hypocritical of you. You hate VII fans for saying VII is far superior than other FF titles and yet you say in the very same post that VI is superior. You're doing exactly what these annoying fans you speak of do. :lew: Get it? :lew:

I don't understand how it's okay to hate a fan simply because they think a game is the best in the world. is having an opinion against the law or something? :huh:

Unless these fans are rabids and go around attacking fans for liking other games (like what you did) then there's no problem. :lew:

But the difference is that fans of any other FF game would just accept that you don't like it. I've met FF VII fans IN PERSON, who would act like I just raped someone in front of their eyes if I just said, exactly, 'Final Fantasy VII was okay, but not my thing'. It sounds cartoonish, but that's the best way I can describe it. I don't know any other fans who would react like that as a general rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back