FF Music Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

• Final Fantasy I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Final Fantasy III

• Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 38 19.2%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy XV

• Others (please specify)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Its gotta be FFVII every track hits me right in the nostalgia. The music always seemed to fit the locations and moods perfectly too: the bombing mission, slums, flashbacks, aeris' theme, boss battles, etc. It was like magic through the speakers.

As if this comes as a surprise to anyone, my vote is VII. That game is the perfect score and is one of my favorite soundtracks ever. It has slow endearing songs, it has heartbreaking songs, and it has fast-rock songs and even classical latin. Basically you're taken on a roller-coaster via outstanding music. I personally love how I can go from classic to cool electric guitars at the drop of a hat. For me, I knew I loved the soundtrack the moment I heard the world map song (Cloud's theme). It's so tragic and dark and yet, beautiful in so many ways.

Definitely the best soundtrack.

For me, I knew I loved the soundtrack the moment I heard the world map song (Cloud's theme). It's so tragic and dark and yet, beautiful in so many ways.

Indeed, it is an amazing piece, my favourite of the soundtrack. Feels like an overture which encompasses the entire game.

I'd have to go with IX :yay:

I thought all the games had very great music [the ones that I played through] But I have this unbreakable bond with FFIX-- I felt like the whole sound album went great with it's medieval time period.

A very second close would be VII for me... again another grat track record, and it compliments the game really well, but I'm just a biased fangirl of FFIX :lew:

The series overral has great soundtracks, but IX holds a special place in my heart. There's too many songs to list, but there is one scene where the events and music go so well together that it's nothing short of perfection. Three words: You're not Alone.

A close call from FF IV and FF VI for me, but i'll choose VI because of 3 of my fav OST there, "Aria di Mezzo Carretere" or Celese theme, Dancing Mad and Forever Rachel. In FF IV i love Theme of Love very much and Battle of 4 fiend.

Everytime i play FF games, i almost always humming their OST, that's why Nobuo Uematsu is the God! :D

I have to say Final Fantasy 6. From Terra's theme to Celes' theme,to Forever Rachel (which made me cry by the way),to Dancing Mad. Just a true masterpiece of both gaming and music.

I think FFXV is going to have my favorite music overall. I really like the epic and dark tone that I have been hearing thus far. 2nd favorite would probably have to be FF8 soundtrack.

For me it's the Shiva Primal battle in 14 that is my favourite!!

6-10 are all really close in my opinion, but I have to give it to IX. You're not alone and the map theme are just so beautiful. FFX is probably my next favorite but it gets a bit too sad at certain points.

XV's music will more than likely be my new number 1. Outside of XV, VIII is my 2nd favorite followed by XIII in the music department.

This is quite the impossible thread for me. I suppose that if you had to force my answer limited to just one game, I would have to go with FFVI. Much of that probably has to do with a nostalgic bias. That being said, I really love excerpts from all of the games I have played in the series. i think that FFVIII had some really lovely compositions that were quite unique in comparison to what we were used to. Also, when it came to Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata, and Hayato Matsuo, FFT and XII certainly offered their own magic to the music of the franchise. It really is so hard to choose just one because they were all so brilliantly composed to fit the feel of the journeys of the respective games themselves. My answer truly had to come down to the fact that nothing will pull on these heart strings quite so much as the very first FF game I ever knew. ^.^ I love you, Nobuo!

Okay so normally I'd say FFIX but after the Heavensward soundtrack?? Probably both. Because Heavensward music gets me REALLY pumped up and gosh the first time hearing those songs were like magic. I love it. :>

Back