What Kind of Child were you?

I think... I was a weird kid.

My parents say I was quiet as a baby and never cried or tried to get attention. They'd leave me in a room and forget I was there because I wouldn't cry or do the things babies usually do when they're neglected.

Later when I got a little older I was bratty. Probably because my sister was a bad influence on me.

I was a kid who kept on relying on my sisters to a point of annoyance, I really was a spoilt kid back years ago but now it's all changed and I no longer have any of my childish traits.

Between birth and age five or six, I was fairly hyper. I'd do damn near anything - which, to my parents' chagrin, included running off and hiding while out at stores or parks or whatever. Quite different from my brother, who would bawl his eyes out if he was separated from the parental units for longer than five minutes.

After six I began to gain weight (heavy video gamer with a sweet tooth) and I was teased 'cause I needed glasses, so I became rather quiet and self-conscious. Woo-hoo for reverse progress!

Growing up, I was really shy and quiet. I'd usually let my twin sister do all the talking for me and I'd pretty much follow her wherever she'd go. We were pretty much inseparable. ^^; I think I was pretty well behaved and didn't give my parents much trouble. But that was pretty common where I grew up to be respectful to your parents. I did get picked on often about my size, since I was usually like half the size of everyone else. Haha, not much has changed today, I'm still fairly shy, and people still always ask about my size. Dx

I was spoilt rotten by my father as a child being the only girl, (I have two brothers) but that was counteracted by my mother raising us all rather strictly despite my father's attempts to treat me like a princess. So I was a pretty good kid, listened to my parents for the most part but did exploit my father's weakness on occasion. I'm suprised my brothers didn't hate me, but they had a soft spot for me as well. I was quite the happy go lucky kid, wanted to be friends with everyone and got bullied and used cause I was too nice. Once my brothers found out there was hell to pay though.
Embarrassing but sweet them sticking up for me.
I'm still quite happy go lucky and such, just not as much as a pushover as before.

I was that child that always took his ball inside if he didn't get his way and i also was that kid that made his friends wash their hands before touching his video game controllers. No shame ;)

-Setz-

I was timid and shy, and even though I've learned to come out of my shell eventually, I still get the occasional comments about how shy I can be even to this day.

I definitely wasn't spoiled as a child. My parents couldn't afford it in the first place, since it was a very tough time for us living in a 3rd world country (at least up until I was seven and then migrated here in the U.S). I went through a bit of crap at an early age which I think did some damage to my mind a bit. I was unable to make friends and not only because I was shy, but it was one of those things that can leave a child confused and unresponsive. That and I didn't really know how to approach the other kids and used to envy my younger brother a bit who was so carefree and wild. I didn't talk to kids at school but rather watched them play while I sat on the bench during recess and lunch. Basically, my brother was my real best friend while growing up, even though we fought like crazy too. (Still do, but now it's typically over the phone.)
I was just an odd little thing, I guess.

Once I got home after school though, my playful side would show when it came to my little cousins. I doted on them and was practically their mother, really. At 10-12 years old, I was babysitting five kids, including my three siblings. (We all lived under the same roof at one point). I even changed their diapers, which I wasn't too happy about, but I did get used to it. We're all still close to this day; we're a crazy bunch whenever we all see each other during family occasions.

I was quiet (still am to an extent) i kept to myself and talked to hardly anyone, i was spoiled with everything i wanted too. Well i mean i didn't demand to have them or anything they were just bought for me. Some of the things i had i never wanted anyway, my parents thought by buying me things it would make and keep me happy. It didn't, sure i had fun with the toys and games i had but i there was no one for me to interact,play, or talk to. I would've tried to do that with my siblings but i couldn't and still can't relate to them since we're so different. Didn't talk nor talk to my cousins now well except for one, i guess he's the only one i can relate to.

I was crazy. I liked to run around with my little friends and play tag. Sometimes we'd race each other on our scooters and our bikes. I remember playing with this little Ecuadorean boy who was a year younger than me. I'd always go over to his house and his grandmother was paid by my mom to watch me. Lol, she'd pan-fry hot dog links for us in oil and he and I would play house. Lol he was the first boy I ever, ever kissed on the lips. But of course it was a little peck, nothing huge. We also played video-games together on his N64. I remember playing Duke Nukem, Pokemon Stadium, and other games with him. There was also this little girl I played with named Monet but she was a bit of a bitchy, spoiled brat and she liked to fight with me sometimes. She was also younger than me. Anyway I was definitely a wild child: I'd stay out until 5 and I would have my posse come over (I was like 7 or 8 year old mind you) and play Super Smash Bros. with me (this is how I started mastering the art of beating people up with Link and Kirby). I was a boss. :mokken:

My baby-sitter would get angry at me because I was very defiant. Poor lady. She told my mom once that she thought I was possessed because I used to scream at her and get very cross about going to bed, not throwing things, and more importantly, coming back home from playing. I think I was selfish at that age because I was an only child and at the end of the day I'd play by myself when I came home, so I was very lonely. I didn't have any siblings to really play with me (that I knew of at the time, anyway). So I was a mixture of being wild, loving (to my mom and my cousins), temperamental, and a tad selfish. I was in that "me, me, me! Play with me!" phase.

P.S. I remember one time when Monet, my Ecuadorean friend, whose name was Dobby (d'aaw, I know right?), and this other girl friend of mine named, Candice all were playing tag. We were running and I was very fast and I wasn't "it." Someone else was "it" in our group. I can't remember who. Anyway, we were running passed my house and there was this very tall tree that was sort of in the middle of the sidewalk or whatever -- in some patch of grass and earth. I was saying that they couldn't catch me and bragging and I wasn't really looking ahead of me so ... next thing I know I'm smacking face-first into the tree. I scraped a good bit of skin off my face and I'm all wailing and crying and I had this small cut on my lip. I remember my mom wrapping up some paper towels in cubes of ice and pressing it to my face to relieve the swelling. I think that was the worst cut I ever got as a kid. Like I said, I was a daredevil as a kid, I did some crazy stuff. Rofl.

For the most part, I was not a good child. I was mean and always tried to get around the rules. If I was a child today, I probably would have been diagosed with ADHD, childhood bipolar disorder, or any other lable they are slapping on less than perfect kids today and I probably would have been on special services in school. I don't know how my family handled me. I think I turned out ok though.

I was a bully to my little sister. I kinda looked up to Angelica from the Rugrats and based my actions on her. lol. Even though I love my sister to death now, and we're pretty much like the best of friends, I was horrible to her when I was little. I was a mean little brat.

But besides that I always obeyed my parents. I never really talked back to them, and they never really had to punish me. I wouldn't say I was an angel, but compared to some kids I know today.....my parents should be thanking god they had two kids who were good enough to not give them problems. Some kids I see today are incredibly evil little things. Throwing shit, whining all the time, throwing tantrums, cursing, physically violent, etc.

I was an asshole child that nobody wanted to be around...Come to think of it. Nothing has really changed.

Sometimes I was shy. When I was with my brother I used to fight with him most of the time. I also made a mess in my sisters room with my older brother while she went out with her friends or when she went to school. I used to make so much noise also. I would also have problems saying no to my siblings when they asked me to do things for them probably because I was the youngest of us four. I cried a lot too but not like in a bratty way but I guess I was just very sensitive.

I look back on myself as such a troubled child. But not only that, I was AWFUL!
My parents and relatives don't think so however. :hmph: Are they trying to make me feel better for being such a little s**t? Possibly. :hmmm:
Nevertheless, I was a pretty bad kid.

I was a quiet, serious boy. No one really knew what was going on in my mind (which is good), and I had almost no facial expression that could indicate any form of feeling. People approached me with fear, even if I was a little kid. I'm still like this today. But it doesn't mean I didn't wanted contact or interaction. I was eager for it. Now I just pretend I don't.

I was a little evil sadistic sh*t that loved and adored murder and violence. I loved playing my uncle's copy of Mortal Kombat II and always tried to get a fatality on the characters and cheered whenever it happened. Blood yay ! :gasp:

Also Lemmings..... I killed them all....:grin:

Whenever somebody pissed me off I gave them the evil stare of death and I loved horror and violent movies when though I wasn't supposed to be watching them; also I was sneaky otherwise my Mum would of growled if she knew or found out that I was doing this.

But yup. Girls my aged loved Barbie; I loved slaughtering lemmings....[ the video game ]:XD:

I don't really be this violent anymore but I do have a favorite knife....
:grin:

I was a good kid. I always listened to what my parents told me. The worst I ever did was take the cap off the remote. Other then that I was Chillin. Then again, I would kick my mom out of the bedroom so I could play with my toys. So there wasn't really anything to do besides that. There was no trouble to be caused.

I was so quiet...always sat under the light with a book and the tele on in the corner. Nothing much has changed then :D . The teachers always said that I'd grow out of not being the loudest of people, but I didn't. Screw you teachers! :rage:
Of course, having a sister meant that there were plenty of shouting matches etc going on around the house growing up (...this hasn't changed either), but I think that's probably healthier than not talking at all for years.

I'm more sociable now, but still quite introverted and could go for days without talking to anyone. If I had to :$

I was a motivated, outgoing, sporting child. I was always with my friends playing basketball, hide and seek, and hanging out together. God I miss those good old days.

Back