What game did you buy last?

I recently acquired The Witcher 2 because it was $4 on Steam and that was about it. At first I wasn't too sure about it but after 8 hours I've decided that I'm gonna finish it because I feel like it makes fun of me. :hmmm:

This game can be overwhelmingly frustrating if you go into situations unprepared, what with the combat in the game hating you and Geralt's inability to want to survive more than 4 or so sword strikes. This game throws the "sink or swim" metaphor into overdrive. It feels less like a parent tossing a child into a pool so the kid can learn to stay afloat and feels more like the parent throwing a child into a lake with cement blocks attached to his feet with a tiny hammer to chip away at it before drowning.

...Either that or I just suck at it. :worried:

I've bought two games recently (technically 4); both of which I already own on other systems.

Mirror's Edge, which I also own on the 360. The problem is that I don't have a 360 of my own. I just borrowed my old roommate's 360 to play it before, but we don't live together anymore. The game was pretty good and I have an urge to play it again, so I bought it on the PS3.

Mass Effect Trilogy: I've played all three games before, but I don't think that I got the full experience. I played the first one on the 360, the second one on the PC, and then the third one on the 360 again. The first time I played though I just played as the generic male Shepard, so this time I'm going to play as a custom female Shepard and transfer the character between all of the games. I'll also buy all the DLC with all the games.

The last game I bought was Destiny. I went out on the midnight release of it for the PS4, and I absolutely wish I didn't. I seriously can't stomach that game. Just looking at the disk makes me shiver. And its not even because I played it so much. It's just so........ boring. All hype, that I unfortunately bought into.

I've mentioned it a few post back but.....

Mass Effect Trilogy :yay:

$30 for three AMAZING games is such a deal! I had just beaten FFX2 HD remastered and looking for something to play.

I'm happy.

Not only that but it'll fill up my time without a doubt!

lightning-returns-box-3.jpg
It was $15 at Walmart, and I was curious about the cover art.
I like it when games feature strong female protagonists as the main character.
Now, after finally beating it for the first time yesterday, I have to say that I really enjoyed it.
I will be going back in with New Game plus for a second full run.

:jay: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I played this game wayyy back in 2007 when it was first released. :gasp: But it was only $10.00 at Best Buy. :britt:

Plus, the fact that Uncharted 4's trailer has been dropped, it got me wanting to play the games again although... I only had the second and third one :gonk:

So, when I'm done with Mass Effect I'ma replay these suckers. :yay:

I downloaded Guilty Gear XRD: SIGN last night for ps4 on psn store. I had 20 bucks on psn already and added 40 to meet the price tag. I am a big fan of the Blazblue series so I thought I would enjoy Guilty gear. I played Guilty Gear in the past, but not many of them. Anyway, I am enjoying it and the art style + animations are top notch. They are even offering a free character until tomorrow so that is awesome.

I am not familiar with some of these characters except a few that are obvious from previous games. Dizzy does not seem to be a playable character which kind of sucks. Animations and story are similar to Blazblue so I am sure I will enjoy it even more than I thought I would. Still trying to find a main character to stick with during online modes or even offline, though. I got a good deal, if I do say so myself. I needed something to keep me busy on ps4 and I did not really want to replay Destiny, which was my only game because it came free. Having a fighter on ps4 is nice.

250px-CollectorsEdition.jpg
516vtI7gnTL._SY300_.jpg

Bought both of these from a retro game store in Dublin today. They cost a pretty penny but luckily I got a voucher for a Christmas present so I left with some money jingling in my pocket. No regrets on this one though, I've been waiting to play these games since forever!

Bought Tales of Hearts R on the vita store for $40. Not as enjoyable as some of the newer ones I would say, but still good as it is. Since it is a port of an older game from a while ago I guess that's why maybe I feel it's a small let down. Combat system feels like it was made in the Abyss generation which isn't bad, I think maybe it's just the voice acting and not having a chance to hear English voices, and possible fact it's just so small on the vita. So i'm not getting a more immersed feeling to it as I would at least with a bigger screen.

(Collection + Twilight Princess pics)
Bought both of these from a retro game store in Dublin today. They cost a pretty penny but luckily I got a voucher for a Christmas present so I left with some money jingling in my pocket. No regrets on this one though, I've been waiting to play these games since forever!

Yes! Twilight Princess is simply amazing, and Majora's Mask has such a good atmosphere. Keep an eye out for Tingle :lew:.

I bought Suikoden 2 last and honestly love it so far. The villain is so evil (oink) and the soundtrack is so goooooood :gonk:. Also: the main character's sister is hilarious :lew:. Can't wait to play some more, now that I've got two more important runes on my side. Now I just need to go treasure hunting for those inn owners :eek:.

I also bought Wolf Among Us for the discounted price of a tenner on PS4. Heard good things about that and it's Telltale who can't seem to do any wrong lately.

Then there's Infamous: First Light that came free with Plus this month. Loved the first two games (mainly for the fun trophies) so this is bound to be good too. It's always nice to have another fully fledged PS4 game to play.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

I've taken a break from Mass Effect to start this game :gonk:

I'm not very far into it just because well, I feel bad for my Mass Effect :sad3: lolol like i'm cheating on Mass Effect 3 or something. :lew:

It's a good game from what I can tell! I just need to stop neglecting my Mass Effect :sad3:

Final Fantasy VIII (Steam-PC)

Already owned this game on the Playstation, but I rarely sign on anymore due to the friends I used to play with either had YLOD, or don't sign on often anymore, so there was no need to keep the PS3 hooked up. I didn't wanna get the Playstation out, so that was out of the picture too, it's more convenient to have it on the PC now anyway.

Final Fantasy XIV (Steam-PC)

Again, already owned this game on the Playstation 3, but it's very laggy. Especially if your Playstation isn't as new as it could be anymore. Skipping cutscenes took as long as watching them - so a lot of time you got a nasty scold thrown at your head + I have a better computer now, so why the hell not. Definitely hooked it up with the PS3 controller though, the PC controls are awkward as all hell. :lew:

Lighting Returns
I think this is probably the better one gameplay-wise out of the XIII saga. I was turned off by it at first but then gave it another shot and while it is nothing memorable, I did end up having my dollars worth of fun with it.

Resident Evil HD Remaster. I am currently pre loading the game and I cannot wait to play it. It has been a very long time since I played the first Resident Evil and a HD remaster of it is definitely exciting. I hope it is going to be a good remaster, but either way, it is only 20 bucks on the psn store. I am going to play it on PS4, but not too much at once. It releases tomorrow but you can pre load it.

I downloaded a lil' game called Mind Zero, for the Vita. Ehhh. It's okay. playable as a Vita game, yeah. But if something like it came along on consoles, I'd say something. Tis an inferior Persona clone.

Castlevania lords of shadow 2, champoins of norrath, pokemon x, the evil within, wolfenstein, destiny, and kingdom hearts and some other games over the course of 6 months.

Dragon Age: Inquisition. The completionist in me has made it difficult to maintain interest in the game :(

But if you don't get caught up on that it's probably a better game. I haven't finished it yet

I just bought dead space and I love it! It really is an excellent game and it was only 14 bucks at dimple records. I plan on buying suikoden 2 next.

Game Of Thrones: A TellTale Game (Playing)

And

(Yet to start playing)
Wastelands 2
Super Meat Boy
Valkyria Chronicles

Back