What do you miss the most about your childhood?

ibbylove

Banned
Gil
I think everyone will probably talk about the simplicity of childhood in general, but it'd be nice if you could go a bit into detail. It's more interesting that way.

I miss being able to fit in my swingset.
I had the coolest swingset in the neighborhood. It had all the fixtures; a slide with a little clubhouse at the top, two swings, a monkey bar, a swinging seesaw that you could ride alone or with a buddy. I used to climb all over that thing every day that I possibly could. I even had my first kiss on that swingset, although it didn't really count because I was six at the time and it was one of those little kid kisses.

When I grew out of it, we donated it to our church's rummage sale. =(

My good ol' swingset. Great times...

I miss lying in my swimming pool, on Nessie (my inflatable monster) eating twix ice creams!

I miss filling my climbing frame with water, and using the slide as a water slide after placing the swimming pool at the bottom.

I miss compulsory sports after school. I was so skinny back then.

I miss the person my friend Lucy once was. She used to be so care-free! Now she's bound by image.

I miss the woman who was my babysitter; Beverly. She was nice, and I'd love to be able to meet her again.

I miss throwing all the cusions off the sofa and building a fort while listening to track 8 on a Pogues album.

I miss my confidence.

My miss everything about my childhood. I lived in the Philippines for the first seven years and it was just the best years of my life.

I miss swimming in the river (where people also do their laundry lol), going to places without an adult around as it was allowed, even at that age...collecting empty bottles at the railroad tracks to help sell at the market (this was in Manila), and so many more. Sure we lived in poverty when I'm staying at my mom's side of the family, but I enjoyed everything.

Sometimes my brother and I would sleep under this dirty table at night when my mom was still selling fruits, and although it was very uncomfortable, there was just something about living life in poverty that made me see the world how it was (and still is)...at an early age.

ahh...the nostalgia....

What I miss most about childhood is just being so damn care free in general...I mean, sure, I had my issues as a kid...and of course, when you're a kid, you think everything bad means the end of the world for you (at least, thats what I always felt like), however, I also realized how meaningless everything was, and took advantage of that at times because I realized in like, 7th and 8th grade that nothing I do as of right now really matters towards anything...I'm too young to go to prison, I'm not stupid enough to go to juvee, and as long as I don't fail every single class, grades are more or less pointless, so lets just have fun!

Now it's like...."fuck, I gotta worry about collage, and this, and that, and how the hell is this going to work? And blah, blah, blah..."

So basically, it was all fun and games until reality came up and kicked me in the face....and I miss those (somewhat) care free, mentally un-realistic days.

i miss not having to get up early for school but that was when i was like really tiny oh and not getting in trouble for doodleing on the sidewalk outside my house

I didn't really like that much about my childhood, but I do miss in school doing all the fun little art projects and such. Now I don't really have much time for art

Climbing trees, the jungle jims, school - even tho i didnt think that id miss it at the time, not having any responsibilites......the only thing I wouldn't miss is not being able to have my independence. Oh and also quite like the pub aswel!!

Saturday Morning T.V

A bit too short there, bud. -.-

I miss my friends. I miss 'em 'cause I moved here 4 years ago leaving them all behind.

I miss getting up at 7 instead of 6 o'clock.

I miss being able to work math. xD

I don't miss very much from my childhood except the freedom I had and Saturday morning cartoons. Also the easy life as a child you live and not worrying about anything. Other than that I'm actually happier now.

I miss the old house we used to live in and also the area we lived in. I grew up in the country and in small towns mostly and now I live in the city. We had a lot of land back then which included a pine forest and a nice pond. I miss that sort of thing.

I don't really miss all that much... I was one of those kids who couldn't wait to grow up, actually. However, I do miss how easy it was (responsibility wise), I should have stayed at home. ;) The only other thing I can think of would be the holidays, obviously their different as a kid then an adult. Other than that, there's really not a whole lot else I miss.

I miss the bright-eyed optimism and the feeling of everything being okay. I wasn't as cynical. I miss not having responsibilities and believing that when I grew up, "clown" was a perfectly acceptable profession.

I miss what my family used to be, and I miss Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. The world sometimes seems so much more magical as a kid. You're blissfully unaware of the horrible woes of the world (at least, if you're a lucky kid).

Not having to worry about money. Its great having your own cash to spend, but when youre a kid you dont have to worry about rent. I miss school and seeing my friends every single day!

The carefree life of just waiting for school to end so I could go out and play, no money problems, no need to work. But, I really don't hate growing up that much, every chapter of my life so far has been interesting, sure with some boring periods, but still I've said to myself, "Man, I wish I was a kid again."

Childhood...
I miss how I used to be so carefree. Before I saw the darker parts of life, before my dad had his bike accidents and could no longer work a well paid job. I miss how my family used to be, before my parents decided to not remain chilled out anymore. I even miss being more of a retard than I am now. It made life easier.

But for all I miss back then, my life's probably better than then now. It's falling into place quite well in most areas, I've given up most nasty habits I picked up over the mid teen years and regardless of what happens I always seem to have at least a little part of my day for relaxation, plain and simple.
I've only been legally an adult now for a week or two, but I wouldn't trade it back to be a kid again for all the money in the world...

I miss some of the friends I had back in my childhood, some of them changed completely while others moved away. I had a few good friends who ended up moving when I was younger and it was pretty sad. I miss Christmas day's from when I was a kid, they were always more fun and exciting!

Back