Valentines Day

I never do anything on Valentines day. Last year for Valentines, I joined FFF since I wasn't doing anything special. Valentines is just another day for me.

Even though I do have a boyfriend, he's away at school so the most I will do is talk with him on the phone, that is as romantic as I'm getting that night.

Go to school, mock French teacher because she's over 35 and single...Do homework...

Maybe I'll see if anyone wants to do anything that night, can't be arsed with sitting at home all alone, at least with Friends you can forget you're single xD

I seen Hot Fuzz last year with my fella. Not sure this year. His parents are meant to be away, but I doubt I'll get a chance to aee him on actual Vals day as Im sure bastard work will get me in :(

I'm not gonna get dragged down by all that Valentines Day crap- I'm gonna be as cheerful as I can, give myself a facial and a manicure (if I can still remember how, since I'm a mum now), buy myself some flowers and chocs, and who am I gonna ask to be my Valentine? ME!! Because sometimes when you're single, you just have to say fuck it and be happy anyway.

I'd probably ask everyone and their grandma to be my valentine, go to a dance, and go to the Japanese Buffet for some sushi. ^^ Oh, god, I love sushi! :3

im tempted to be cynical and say V day is just a way for chocolate companies and flower companies to buy stuff from them.

but i can resist anything except temptation, so i better buy my gurl a rose/s depending on how much money i have

Technically, Valentine's Day has nothing to do with love. xD It was just brought into mainstream attention that way... It's actually a Catholic Holiday commemorating the death of St. Valentine. Death really ain't that romantic. xD And if I remember right, someone pierced his heart with a knife or something...

He fell in love with the wrong girl I think and asked her to be his Valentine before he died or something although I could be wrong there >_<

Edit: just found this ont'internetz & this is possibly what I was thinking of
<H3>The evolving legend
The Early Medieval acta of either Saint Valentine were excerpted by Bede and briefly expounded in Legenda Aurea,[12] According to that version, St Valentine was persecuted as a Christian and interrogated by Roman Emperor Claudius II in person. Claudius was impressed by Valentine and had a discussion with him, attempting to get him to convert to Roman paganism in order to save his life. Valentine refused and tried to convert Claudius to Christianity instead. Because of this, he was executed. Before his execution, he is reported to have performed a miracle by healing the blind daughter of his jailer.
Legenda Aurea still providing no connections whatsoever with sentimental love, appropriate lore has been embroidered in modern times to portray Valentine as a priest who refused an unattested law attributed to Roman Emperor Claudius II, allegedly ordering that young men remain single. The Emperor supposedly did this to grow his army, believing that married men did not make for good soldiers. The priest Valentine, however, secretly performed marriage ceremonies for young men. When Claudius found out about this, he had Valentine arrested and thrown in jail. In an embellishment to The Golden Legend, on the evening before Valentine was to be executed, he wrote the first "valentine" himself, addressed to a young girl variously identified as his beloved,[13] as the jailer's daughter whom he had befriended and healed,[14] or both.[15] It was a note that read "From your Valentine."[13]
In another apparently modern embellishment, while Valentine was imprisoned, people would leave him little notes, folded up and hidden in cracks in the rocks around his cell. He would find them and offer prayers for them.[citation needed]
</H3>

Last edited:
Methinks the first one's the true story, the second is a crappy plot set aside for a crappier movie about him. xD

well so far nothing unless my fiance plans something......

Hopefully not because every restaurant, diner, or lil cafe will be packed with couples..... maybe a movie and pizza that'll be good enough

Well, I'll be with my boyfriend on Valentines day. I'll be eating chocolate of course! I'm not sure what were going to do yet. I don't feel like going out to any restaurant since they'll be busy as hell. >_< Not sure.... I might cook him dinner.

The staying home and cooking dinner and that sort of thing is what I find more romantic. When you go out, yeah your with your valentine, but so many other people are probably there for the same thing. To me it makes it seem less romantic that way. Either way as long as you get to spend the day with your loved one is what it's really about after all, or I should say showing ways to express that love.

Yeah, staying at home and making dinner seems more romantic to me too. Or a picnic in some woods in the middle of nowhere.. >_> But alas, I need a man first.

I should say showing ways to express that love.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? :wacky:

But yes, I quite agree with Bei Bei here. Going outside can seem a bit hectic, especially if you'll be stuck on traffic and whatnot. But it could be very well worth it once you arrive at your destination - either a restaurant or motel, it doesn't matter, as long as you're with your loved one.

I have assignments to work on. That's pretty much it.

I'll be going to Edinburgh with my Valentine <3 Spending all my birthday moneys and whatnot :wacky:

I won't be doing anything besides whatever I usually do after school. Oh, and I'm going to lunch with a bunch of friends to tackle the Trio Sampler special at Fazoli's.

Really, I'm still a high school kid and I don't expect to learn what love is for a little while longer, so there's no point in celebrating something that I don't understand. Kinda like Flag Day. :P

Back