[V5] What's Your Mood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood: Hmmm...

Maybe it's just the start of this month that turned out really rough on my end, maybe it's the whole year as a whole, maybe it's just life and it's natural changes, but I'm not there for it. Even more so than usual I'm kind of slapped in the face frequently with people ageing, health declining, etc. Either around me without being directly involved or being directly involved in the matter - it's hard. it's not fun. Acceptance and I don't have a good relationship, how you do accept things that seem unacceptable? I've always struggled with "coming to terms" with specific, hard hitting things, but, I don't know, maybe it's a bit of stubbornness as well?

It's been a bit of a roller-coaster though, you think one thing is out of the way only for another to flare up again, and that seems to be the way life has been going for... quite some time now. Normally I'm the type of person to say you shouldn't really complain, but is venting really complaining?

It's late, I'm worn out, I should sleep. We'll see how that goes.

Excellent.

Fiancee and I finally - 8 months / 36 weeks / 255 days - since our offer was accepted have had our new house legally exchanged and is ours next Friday. Probably won't be able to move in until January 2021 and will, without doubt, be a manic few weeks prepping for our new arrival :-)love:), but it's the world taken off our shoulders getting the purchase through.

Celebrated with some purchases for Thursday...

20201116_221659.jpg

...which I'll have no time for now I have to design and decorate the nursery & conservatory (the only two rooms I'm allowed). :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Six
Mood: Stressed

Cat medicine + Vana isn't a great mix, especially when it comes in liquid form. What a mess. Nevermind... Not worth risking her or my life over. :poop: I'm so over all this nonsense already. 😤 I'd like to apply for a break, please.

Mood: Ongoing stress which probably won't end anytime soon 🙈

College this year has been pretty tough and it sucks that our entire qualification is based only on our final year - I could cry (who am I kidding, of course I have). The amount of actual teaching we're gotten this year can be summed up to 'Look it up on Google' - thanks random creators on YT, I should have paid you my college fees! I know I shouldn't be complaining, there's plenty of people that have it so much harder right now, it's just knowing how much work I put in and sacrificed for this pile of crap, it's soul destroying.

Mood: Busy?

Having one of those weeks where it feels like I'm working, working, working~ But have nothing to show for it. I guess I like the visual of seeing results and it's not satisfying if I don't have it I guess. Been working on diet to increase my health & overall energy levels. I have good results but... can't really see them either? It's weird.

At the same time I keep putting off stuff I don't want to do (which is probably why I'm here and not doing those things) c: So now there's all the things to do.

Mood is busy, but overall am just okay. Hopefully everyone is doing well!

Hey! So, it's been a long time since i last posted here, used to treat this thread like a diary, i'm sure i could dredge up some memories from the archives here lol

Mood is.. eh, i guess a bit fed up, much like the rest of the world i suppose. life is on pause, in the middle of moving house but my solicitor is a nightmare, work is literally the most boring place in the entire world right now. getting paid to sit and stare at a screen of nothingness for 12 hours a night is becoming actual torture. SUre there is plenty of personal development i could be getting on with, but i feel as motivated as uh, well summat that has shit all motivation.

boredom has brought me skulking back to FFF though, haha

Mood: Nostalgic

I've always heard that in times of great stress, people turn to the memories for comfort. More and more each day, I find myself doing that. I've never been more resistant to change then now. It feels like a lot of people around me expect me to feel lucky to be where I am. Work is great, but sitting at home on a computer feels a lot more lonely than when I chose to do it before. The world has always been chaotic, and I've always been able to hide myself from it. I can honestly say I'm doing better than I've ever done before, but I find myself wanting to go back to where I was the chaotic one and the world seemed stable.

And now I find myself going back to the spaces in which I use to exist because I don't want to see what's ahead of me. I'm sure life will find a way to pull me along whether I want it or not.

Mood: Overwhelmed

College is like a waking nightmare right now. There's so much to do and somehow not enough time to do it despite the fact that there's nothing to do but do it. I admire everyone's positivity, but I do sort of wish my tutors would tone it down with the whole 'how brilliant it's going to be in the spring with the warmer weather and that everyone will feel so much better and energised and amazing but yeah, it'll still be remote learning and lockdown so enjoy k'bye!!' stuff. It just irritates slightly when I consider that our entire degree is going to be based off this year alone. There's no hope in it being tweaked a little for these circumstances, taking into account our work over second and third year, nope just this year. tnx.

Mood: anxious

well.... my eldest brother got covid around 16 days ago and he visited us a day before his result was out, then he infected his wife and kids, we all tested negative but around 4 days ago my parents and sister got sick and they got their positive results last night.... I'm mostly worried about my mom because of her asthma, but so far she's getting better (or just.. not worse), my sister and dad don't have the regular covid symptoms though thankfully, just a runny nose and a sore throat, hope they recover asap... the rest of my siblings including myself will get tested in two days to check if we got it or not :hmm: it just sucks that ALL of my siblings are vaccinated and already two of them got infected smh

Mood: Happy

Ordered some new headphones yesterday (that I had speed delivered for today) 'cause my old ones are dying and the sound keeps going in and out of one ear, so... I got sick of it and decided now or never. Didn't splurge, but think I got decent ones anyway. Now I won't hear people just in one ear while trying to understand what's being said over the sound of games running in the background, smdh.

Had a ton of fun with the FFVII challenge I've been running as well, surprisingly. Also ordered some new spiralbound notebooks to jot down game notes in. My inner nerd is happy. Started yesterday, and it looks good so far! Woop.

Also decided that because of that I'll restart the NotSoBerryChallenge on the Sims, even though I was like on Gen 5. Rewriting those notes as well. Go me.

Mood: Excited

My long-awaited package arrived today. Time to finally upgrade my recording hardware.

For mic I switched to this beauty. Blue's Yeticaster.

Yeticaster.jpg

and for headphones, I'm now using my new Sennheiser HD599

HD 599.jpg

also switched recording software to improve the quality of my recordings.
I'm considering creating a new toon for FFXIV, and to record the entire journey.

So much to record so little time o_O.

Mood: Sleepy/annoyed in that minor way that feels like an itch on your nose

I didn't sleep well last night, ended up staying in bed (not sleeping) 'till 2pm so here I am! I go to play guitar... only to find my pick snapped and no spares around :lew:Easily fixed, right? Except stores are mostly closed here (outside of essentials) in Ireland - that includes music shops where I am! So, yeah, I've had to go on Amazon to order some picks! WOO. Still, I picked up a Guitar stand and a 30ft ethernet cable I've been meaning to get too...

This is such a first world problem but it's just sorta annoying and frustrates me about lockdown. I get why it's being done, of course, but it really does churn my bollix a great deal!

This also shows me how much more I need to organise my life because I feel like it's a bit of a mess atm. I miss actually going to work, crazy enough, because that gave life some structure.

Mood: :hmph:

I hate posting here when I'm usually in a grumpy mood, but my goodness these last few days have been really frustrating. People have just been really rotten for various things. I'm still mad at the Costco guy that was super rude to us the second we walked up to the customer service desk.

Need a laugh? Let me paint this beautiful picture for you from today's lovely events:

So today my kid, whom is just 👌 this close to being potty trained, made his way to the toilet and attempted to pull his pants down. Well, my dude didn't make it. A valiant attempt, but the floor gets baptized anyway.

So I step into the room and instruct him to stop stepping in his mess, as he was indeed stepping in his own mess.

I told him to stay where he was and left to get some paper towels to clean up the initial mess, only as I leave to go to the other room I proceeded to hear jumping, splashing and shouts of child laughter. I proceed to yell at him and frantically dash back into the room with paper towels.

I inform him that jumping in his own pee, especially after instructing him to not stand in it, is equally not okay and that I'm very disgusted with what he has do-

He's now jumping up and down in his own pee like a muddy puddle on a rainy day. I am now yelling at him to stop - please, please, stop. Why are you doing this you little-

My child then performs the final Olympic jump and twist, spinning perfectly in the air before descending upon the golden lake with his bare bottomed half. Dramatically falling like handsome Squidward my child manages to lands gracefully on his feet... But not before slipping and then sliding into the air, descending head first down against the porcelain throne, damaging his forehead, and rolling down all along his own wet filth. Tears are now adding to the growing mess of a puddle upon my bathroom floor and a horrified mother's screams echo outside the house, followed closely behind with the running a bathtub's water.

a1db4ec2ac945e7fb743b210e1c69796.gif

🥲

Mood: "I'm not dead yet, am I?"

Generally speaking, my job isn't too stressful. Mostly because I've fried bigger fish before. Lately though, it's been a steep learning curve, and definitely more emotionally trying than what it normally is. I haven't touched FFVII in like a week or two. I'm currently at the Gold Saucer for the first time, trying to get used to the Speed Square to get 5,000 Points, and that's going to take time, patience, and practice...None of which I've had in the last 2 weeks. Note To Self: Look for a #MischiefManaged stamp for the office for my paper work, and a "WTF" stamp.

Mood: Ok!

Reason: Today's the start of my week off from work so that makes me hapus! It's given me a chance to record the opening to a new series starting Thursday, along with the 1st 5 episodes! Also a miniclip that'll play at the start of each episode. Very productive lol.

Also...I'm planning to nab something from the local baguette place tomorrow! Might even grab a desert to go with it...

Life is gut :sir:.

Excellent.

Took a somewhat short hiatus - and by short, I mean five months - away from internet activity for what could be perceived as... major life events.

Finally pushed through our house purchase at the end of November, after nine months of the seller dragging her heels. We were making good progress in getting the house done up... before our baby boy, Theodore, arrived three weeks early; a very short and intense birth - so short my fiancee wasn't allowed an epidural to numb the pain. Born five hours after waters breaking & four hours of arriving at hospital. Unfortunately, it wasn't the smoothest of arrivals as Theo was born in a feet-first breech position - apparently, the worst delivery position - in which he became stuck at the shoulders (we ended up with 12 nurses in the delivery room at the point of arrival). Becoming stuck consequently meant the doctors were worried about lack of oxygen to Theo's brain during birth and moved him straight to a ventilator in the neonatal ward - not only did we have to wait for brain results, we also couldn't see Theo for the first six hours as we had to wait for our COVID results. Those six hours were, quite literally, the worst moments of my life without question.

The best moments of my life were that we received notification from the doctor the day of birth that Theo's brain results has completely normalised, he was off the ventilator the same day and we now have a completely healthy 12 week old baby boy. :inlove:

mitenedb3869e1-d61b-4a12-8e53-3808d3fb68ad.jpg

Barring a few bits of furniture, we are also coming towards the end of doing our house up (I think I'm now a pro at laying laminate flooring I've done so much of it lol). Randomly started collecting vinyl records (first time in my life and for absolutely no reason haha). Finally sourced the last part I needed for my Philip Hue setup, which is the most gimmicky of technology... but I love my TV lights. :ryan:

First of all congratulations Mercurial. Always good to hear good news in these depressing times.

Mood: Lonely? 😔

Just need some space to vent of something that's been bothering me for quite some time.
We used to have a very very tight friend group.

Until 4 years ago we would spend lots of weekends together, maybe even every if possible. Most of the group started getting into a relationship including me.
Now I understand they have less time, heck I do too. but the problem here is the last year or 2 or so we went from spending a lot of time together to literally spending no time together. The last time I saw them must have been beginning 2020 or so. Whenever I ask to do something there always busy and never have time.

It doesn't matter when or what I ask they always come up with something, it feels to me like our friendship isn't so important that u can't even make it 1 day a week? a month? a year? free to spend with your friends? For me as a person, I love spending time with friends, even more so than family (except wife and son). but I get the feeling it's not mutual because of their always busy schedule.

Now I've been telling them this but with little result, I have told them a couple of times over the last 2 years. So I'm really struggling right now with that feeling. I would love to play board games, videogames. watch a movie or go out somewhere but they simply don't have time atm so they say.

My brain says move on and look for new friends but thanks to corona that isn't easy. I still have 1 friend that's single that's always up for something so we spent some time together and, we would go to board game gathering and play games with random people. which is great to find new friends.

My heart says stick with them as this is hopefully only a temporary phase were going through. it's just all confusing. I mean we're not just buddies from 2 years back. no, these guys would fly 10.500 km across the world to attend my wedding I held in the Phillippines. on their own costs. we met most of our wives via each other as well. one got into a relationship and hooked the other up. then they hooked up the next etc etc. we have so many memories together it kinda hurts to think we would grow apart. I refuse to believe this. yet somewhere deep down I have a feeling I should move on.

Corona isn't helping either, so I'm focusing on my family and my youtube channel, but it's a thought that has haunted me every day for the last 2 years, and it's slowly driving me crazy.

Phewww... that was my piece of mind for today, let me know what u guys should do in this kind of situation. (useful) Tips from people tend to go a long way.

Mood: Phew

My energy's kinda plummeted after having dinner, should keep an eye on that. This week has been especially shit, and so will the upcoming one be, probably. I'm just hoping after that things will settle down a little over here, because I'm stressed. Definitely had to take a step back and let things be for what they are before tackling a new project.

Blah.

Mood: ⚰️

I've 100% not been feeling it lately. Which has been an on-going thing for at least a few months. I'm stressed, I'm fed up with pretty much everyone. Everything annoys me, everyone annoys me, the slightest thing just seems huge in my head, and big things seem even worse.

Ahhh, the joys of living with anxiety.

People, also, can they just like... not?

Mood: Overwhelmed

I've been busy since before April & managed to get half way through before my kid got sick. It was just a minor cold but had to push a few things back. Another week & a half later he suddenly comes down with a bout of vomiting - 4 in the morning 🥲 All morning till the end of the night we were dealing with puke. Puke on blankets. Puke on floor. Puke on stuffed animals. Puke on couch. Puke on blankets again. Puke on 345345 articles of clothing. Laundry. Laundry. Laundry. Carpet cleaner.

Today is better but I still feel overwhelmed, like a lot is expected of me immediately on the spot and that's difficult for me to handle at the moment. My kid is 90% better and I'm sure things are finally going to go as planned but 😩 Ahhhh. I'm just ready for a mini vacation, if we'll even get that this year.

🤞 Fingers crossed for my husband getting a new job. I'm not sure how much longer I can function with him working nights, it's very difficult for all of us for one reason or another.

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back