[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Practice Makes Perfect - Cute Is What We Aim For

A nice pop-punk tune from a rather good pop-punk band. It really does have a nice sound to it despite it's rather emo-sounding lyrical content. The singer's voice is not too shabby, either.

N.Y. State of Mind - Nas

I like a bit of Nas, or Nasty Nas as he sometimes calls himself. He's a great rapper, good flow as it's called. The thing I like most about this song is the story it tells, part of it is about life in the ghetto, and there are parts where he talks about shooting some guys with a mac-10, he shoots one guy so much that his body back flips. Very good lyrics too, which are occasionally humourous. Apparently with the smif n wessin he has ******s undressin. Or something like that.

Rhapsody~~~Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness

Guitar solo at 9:57 is quite possibly one of the most amazing things i have ever heard.

One of my favorite bands of all time.

Nero- My Eyes

Nero reminds me a little bit of Skrillex when they drop the bass...especially on this song. I love this...the lyrics, the bass, beat, everything. Promises is a more popular song of theirs, but this one is better, imo. Thanks a lot, Ryancakes for getting me hooked on this :awesome:

Savior - Black Veil Brides

I have to admit, I am becoming quite the BVB fan. Their second album really made a difference. They actually are not a bad band and this song proves it. Definitely one of my favorites. :ryan:

Rihanna- You Da One

I have heard bits and pieces of this on xm here and there. It never really hit me until today when I stopped to listen to the entire song. The lyrics are sooooo sweet :inlove: ...and the beat is pretty nice too :lew: I have this on repeat. I haven't cared for all of Rihanna's songs but for whatever reason, this is probably my favorite of hers.

Cracks - Flux Pavilion Remix

Jorge Rivera's walk out song on the last UFC on Fox. It sounded cool so I've been listening to it. Someone said its a 'dubstep' song. It sounds breakbeat to me. Not sure what the difference is, exactly. :ohshit:

Listening to Last Train Home by Lostprophets.
I love this band so much - my on/off bf got me into them. I remember hearing this at about 12-13 when I had serious issues... it was one of the tracks that helped me get through that rough time.

Machine Gun by Portishead. Such a great track, but it does get repetitive. The actual singing itself is also pretty much the same right through the song. However it somehow still really works and I'll have to give it:
8.5/10

Have Faith In Me by A Day To Remember. I love this band and their soppier songs are my faves. This song reminds me of my current situation, especially with my sort-of other half. It helps me feel a tad better when I have music I can relate to.

RHCP - Naked in the Rain

I love the funky, low end, bass beat they have in some of their songs.

Probably one of the most neglected things with rock bands these days. The bass guitar is condemned to an eternity of FF mute and despair.

:ohshit:

I heard this while I was out and running errands on XM. I love the beat and the lyrics...which are a bit sexy but sad. I can understand the whole bit about things changing in a relationship with someone and they don't say anything, but you can tell something is wrong.

Dance With The Angels - Eyeshine

I'm getting my eyeshine fix for the week. Hahzhaha

But seriously, I love these guys. Simple lyrics that anyone can relate to, and just a fucking awesome band overall. However, this song in general had me puzzled if I hadn't searched up what Johnny said the meaning was. xD

White Guilt - The Bronx

To the best of my knowledge this song is about prostitutes or junkies in general etc.. Very different in style to the rest of the Bronx's catalog but its one of my favourite Bronx tracks at the moment.

The guitar riff is catchy and I like the vocals/lyrics; "everybody knows it's true that all you're ever gonna be is entertainment. So entertain me." (One of my favourite lines)

Hair by Lady Gaga. This song just basically sums me up when I was a bit younger - arguements with parents about my look and how I dress (still the case now sometimes haha), wanting to fit in despite differences; the works. 'I'M AS FREE AS MY HAIR' is such a silly lyric, but it is true. (I used to constantly change the style and colour of mine)

Back