[V2] Best Final Fantasy Game?

Best Final Fantasy?

• Total voters
FF 8 it was my first FF so it'll always have that special place in my heart for me. Also at the time I really related to Squall. FF6 runs it close for me though.

Although my first FF were actually FF IV, and have play FFI-IX (FF VII-FFIX didn't finish because i don't get the excitement >.< ), i'm placing my favorite FF by far to FF VI.

Since the beginning of watching the magitek armor walking on Snowstorm already catch my sight, the background story already explained there and we began to understand the situation. Then we were presented by Terra, the only one that can cast magic and Locke, the treasure hunter. The characters have their own character and i must say i'm amazed by their character improvement especially on Terra, Locke, Celes and Cyan. There are too many moments on FF VI that still buried in my mind like Celes's leap of faith, Terra's feeling of humanity, Locke's reason and determination to protect girls, Edgar pretending to be Gerad the bandit leader, Shadow and Relm dream that connect them and even General Leo vs Kefka, etc etc i won't stop if i keep continue :D

The gameplay itself were veru fun because every character have their own ability, especialy Blitz, Lore and Tools that i really like for their interaction. The esper learning magic and status improvement also great. I also still have the excitement everytime i remember battling with 2 or more party like the defending Terra in Mog Cave, Kefka assault on Narshe, and dungeons that force us to split teams, that's means levelling all the character means something and hav reason to level them up and make combination from each characters. The sidequest and secrets also very nice done like the Esper collection, Eight Dragon, Gogo recruitment.

The music of FFVI also top notch if it not he best, Terra's theme, Coin Song, Celes's theme and Aria di Mezzo Carretere, etc... Even when playing the game i almost always humming their theme. The boss battle also really catchy and Atma Weapon's battle. And of course Dancing Mad were legendary with Kefka's laugh in the theme ~.~

Last but not least, the storyline were the highlights for me in FF VI, each character have their moment and reason to fight, even the enemy have the very nice personality shown. The progress of the story also didn't feel like to slowdown or rushing to the end.

Final Fantasy IX is my favourite in the series. I liked the varied cast, yes even Eiko and Quina of all people. The soundtrack is very beautiful and the pre-rendered backgrounds still look pretty good, not to mention that the game's world has alot of interesting locations you get to visit, like the Iifa tree, Millennium palace, Ipsen's castle and Oeilvert. I also have a soft spot for the art style and it's super-deformed character desings, but despite it's "kid-friendly" look it managed to tell a really deep story that dealt with some heavy themes.

Final Fantasy IX is my favourite in the series. I liked the varied cast, yes even Eiko and Quina of all people. The soundtrack is very beautiful and the pre-rendered backgrounds still look pretty good, not to mention that the game's world has alot of interesting locations you get to visit, like the Iifa tree, Millennium palace, Ipsen's castle and Oeilvert. I also have a soft spot for the art style and it's super-deformed character desings, but despite it's "kid-friendly" look it managed to tell a really deep story that dealt with some heavy themes.

I like IX's visuals a lot, too. It has a sort of sepia, almost steampunky style to it, not very modern or technological like VII or VIII. I mean the plot is perhaps not as "deep" as the ones before it but it was so enjoyable and had a lot of moments to think about (damn you, black mage village).

Easily 9. It just took elements of the past game and melted them in a pot. And Vivi!

Behind it would be FFXII and VII, respectively.

This is such a tough question because I change my opinion everytime I'm asked. One day I say 7, the next I say 9, then I'll say 10. I really can't ever make up my mind and give a definitive answer on which one I feel is the best. They all have strong cases with their respective cast of characters, music, story, locales, etc. Just for the sake of answering the question at THIS moment in time I'll say X. I love the characters, I absolutely love the music, the story was phenomenal and had me fully invested, combat is 2nd to none and is the best of the entire franchise. And it has blitzball xD
Oh and Sir Auron.

I don't feel comfortable answering. Ff7 was definitely the most consistent one I've been saying. The difficulty, the world exploration and heavy story.

My vote goes to Final Fantasy VII. Here is the reason why? Final Fantasy VII has a large well built story line that made the game so interesting. It's unique Materia System allows the player to equip and combined the materias to create different combinations. It also has a character switch system that allows you to switch characters from your party.

The soundtrack of this game is very solid since it has a numerous of great songs in it. The 3D graphics was quite good at that time. The game also contains a lot of Side Quest, Hard Core Bosses, etc. That is why I voted Final Fantasy VII as the best game of the series.

FFXV because of the development hell it went through over the past decade. I enjoy the combat, will appreciate the story, and plan on dumping a lot of hours into it. Tabata, and the rest of the development team, have done a great job on the game overall imo.

My vote goes to Final Fantasy VII. Here is the reason why? Final Fantasy VII has a large well built story line that made the game so interesting. It's unique Materia System allows the player to equip and combined the materias to create different combinations. It also has a character switch system that allows you to switch characters from your party.

The soundtrack of this game is very solid since it has a numerous of great songs in it. The 3D graphics was quite good at that time. The game also contains a lot of Side Quest, Hard Core Bosses, etc. That is why I voted Final Fantasy VII as the best game of the series.

Once you hit FFVI you realize every FF has a system that let's you change your party right? There is nothing unique to VII about that so it doesn't really make it stand out at all.

Honestly my favorite one is always in a state of flux depending on my mood. I go between VI, VIII, X, and Tactics. VIII may very well mostly pure nostalgia reasons as it's the first FF I can recall playing with a clear understanding of what I was doing. I was 6 when I tried one couldn't remember I was even playing a FF at that time and was so lost on what I was doing since I played my uncles save file xD. I loved the music and because of my moving around a lot I kinda could relate to Squall in a way. Enjoyed the junction system as well as I found it to be interesting that it did confuse me at first, I grew to understand it. VI oh what's not to love the story was done real well, there was a fair amount of focus on all the characters and a large amount of their plights were understandable and what drove them to be where they were and what they were doing. Another great soundtrack and then the customization with the espers added another fun level to game play. X well definitely enjoyed the graphic over haul onto the ps2. What I enjoyed most was probably the sphere grid getting to choose again what my characters could learn, and the ability to switch characters in combat, that and the chance to finally fight as the aeons and customize them more. Then we go to Tactics with it's immense story all around and it's job system. Having it's myrid and complex system to tool your party was definitely one of my favorite parts, I also enjoyed the tactical aspect to the fights though some could drive you up the wall depending on your sigh.(Yes Weigraf/w/e the hell your zodiac form was, i'm looking at you since I took the Capicorn sign.)

Once you hit FFVI you realize every FF has a system that let's you change your party right? There is nothing unique to VII about that so it doesn't really make it stand out at all.

Most Final Fantasy game has a character switch system, but not all of them work the same. Each of their character switch system has a unique way of working. Some of by a save point and other by the menu. Let's look at Final Fantasy X as an example. It's character switch system allows the player to switch characters while in battle. It's function is different from the other Final Fantasy titles .

Most Final Fantasy game has a character switch system, but not all of them work the same. Each of their character switch system has a unique way of working. Some of by a save point and other by the menu. Let's look at Final Fantasy X as an example. It's character switch system allows the player to switch characters while in battle. It's function is different from the other Final Fantasy titles .

They actually don't all have a unique way of working to that extreme, since you mentioned X I can easily counter that. It's not just limited to the battles, after battle you can change order as well through the actual menu. All of them include going to a person or area to usually change the core makeup of your party. The thing seven did differently and you didn't even mention that aspect was the PHS which allowed switching at save points. You only mentioned character switch which has been a staple in VI and beyond, not a unique switch but just character switch.

They actually don't all have a unique way of working to that extreme, since you mentioned X I can easily counter that. It's not just limited to the battles, after battle you can change order as well through the actual menu. All of them include going to a person or area to usually change the core makeup of your party. The thing seven did differently and you didn't even mention that aspect was the PHS which allowed switching at save points. You only mentioned character switch which has been a staple in VI and beyond, not a unique switch but just character switch.
The PHS also gives you access to set the character's position in battle by setting them in the front or in the back row. That is something that fit well with the game since you can use it as your advantage.

Back