[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished FFVIII a while back (just need to beat Omega and win 1000 battles for the Plat) so now I've moved onto FFIX. Progress is slow as im mainly been playing Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition which is a fantastic game even though I do feel kinda burnt out from all these massive open-world games atm. So that too has joined FFIX in the back-seat for a little while...

This past week I've also been playing a lot of the new Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 remake. A blast from my childhood, this remake is amazingly faithful to the original games. Finished both with my created skater so now tackling all the additional challenges they have added to the game.

Like Dionysos I have also been playing Fall Guys here and there. A great battle royale game reminiscent of game shows like Takashi's Castle. Chaotic and so much fun.

Eu to tentando finalizar todos os Final Fantasy antigos xD LOL

I'm trying to finish all the old Final Fantasy xD LOL

Been trying to give myself a bit of a break after the year 2020 has been...

I've been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, The Last of Us Part 2 and Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time.

All of them are good. I can only play The Last of Us Part 2 in short doses... Partly because it is very scary and disturbing (not just the threat of being devoured by fungal zombies, but the sounds they make are very unsettling), but also because it is a bit too close for comfort this year!

Valhalla is good, though it is more fun raiding everything in sight rather than sneaking and assassinating people, so I feel like I'm betraying the purpose of the franchise!

Crash is fun but very difficult. A lot of new gameplay mechanics introduced which I am unused to.

Dionysos - I played through Crash 4 recently and found it torturous! I don't know what Toys For Bob were thinking with the level of difficulty this game has. It just got to the point where it was exhausting to play. Often levels would have 300+ Boxes and I's reach the end to find I missed only 1 or 2 of them! Once I saw how difficult the bonus Tape levels were I decided to myself to not worry about a 100% completion as I'm NEVER going to be able to achieve that. So, I just played through the game without that expectation and managed to beat it. I love Crash as a series but this was not the direction I wanted to see it go and if Toys For Bob are involved with future projects I may have to pass.

As for what I'm playing, I've jumped back into Yakuza again with t he 5th game. It has an unbearable slow opening, but once I got into the core gameplay I've really began to enjoy it - like a lot! The sidequests in Yakuza are a big part of the experience but often in the past I've fond them to lack proper production value to really be effective as fun tasks. But with Y5, I've found all the extra content so appealing, this time you're part of a Taxi company and you can do extra missions from taking on a street gang in races to having to transport fares around the city - I'm pretty sure it's the 1st game I've used where I've had to use indicators in a car. Yakuza 4 had pacing issues in regards to how it managed its multiple cast of characters, I've yet to see if that is an issue in this game, but I'm very impressed with what I've played so far!

Dionysos - I played through Crash 4 recently and found it torturous! I don't know what Toys For Bob were thinking with the level of difficulty this game has. It just got to the point where it was exhausting to play. Often levels would have 300+ Boxes and I's reach the end to find I missed only 1 or 2 of them! Once I saw how difficult the bonus Tape levels were I decided to myself to not worry about a 100% completion as I'm NEVER going to be able to achieve that. So, I just played through the game without that expectation and managed to beat it. I love Crash as a series but this was not the direction I wanted to see it go and if Toys For Bob are involved with future projects I may have to pass.
I’m enjoying it, but I definitely agree with the difficulty level being way too hard. I’m glad that you can respawn as many times as you like instead of getting game over (albeit forfeiting bonuses, probably). That at least helps, but it doesn’t help much with the frustration.

I’ve been trying to get every box and, although I have managed it a couple of times, I have died too much in the process to get all of the gems in order to unlock special skins and kudos, etc. I’ve now decided I’ll just try and play each level to clear it and worry about the crates, etc, another time. Some of them must be very well hidden and are probably located off-screen... Which is very, very naughty of Toys for Bob.

The highlight for me so far is possibly the Día de los Muertos inspired city level.

I've also been playing Crash 4! Completely agree that they made it way too hard. Even the starting levels are kinda hard to 100%. I found the majority of the Crash 1-3 remakes easy too but this is another level.

I'm also playing a tonne of Spiderman on PS5, which is incredible. I'm not normally a superhero game kinda person but this is great. Just made it to act 3 and did the last of all the camps. Great stuff.

Finally, Grandia 2 (the remaster on Switch). It's definitely the best version to play. Very speedy, looks better. One criticism is that the cinematics look awful but otherwise brilliant :).

I am currently playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I have still alot to do in the game.

While I am enjoying Valhalla, Odyssey will always have a special place in my heart. Classical Greece is my favourite period and Greek history (as opposed to mythology) is rarely represented in media.

I hope you enjoy it! The size of the map and the number of sidequests can be very off-putting and daunting, but if you relax into it and treat it as a long-term project to chip away at then you might enjoy it more. Rushing the game and hoping to see the ending ASAP might become onerous. Perhaps ignore random civilians (which are never ending tasks) and focus instead on the key sidequests and main scenario quests then it could whittle it down a bit.

While I am enjoying Valhalla, Odyssey will always have a special place in my heart. Classical Greece is my favourite period and Greek history (as opposed to mythology) is rarely represented in media.

I hope you enjoy it! The size of the map and the number of sidequests can be very off-putting and daunting, but if you relax into it and treat it as a long-term project to chip away at then you might enjoy it more. Rushing the game and hoping to see the ending ASAP might become onerous. Perhaps ignore random civilians (which are never ending tasks) and focus instead on the key sidequests and main scenario quests then it could whittle it down a bit.
I am currently at "Kill the Artemis Daughter quest". Am I far enough into the story or there still alot to do? I just turn level 30 too.

I am currently at "Kill the Artemis Daughter quest". Am I far enough into the story or there still alot to do? I just turn level 30 too.

That's the elite hunt questline, right? Congrats if you've completed that already!

That's a side story and can be completed at any time, so it is difficult for me to gauge how far you are in the story itself. Based on you being level 30 though I would say that you must still have a good number of quests left. There are several worthwhile sidequests to do after you beat the base game as well.

I would also strongly recommend the DLC if you are at all interested in the modern day aspects. Layla's most important scenes in Odyssey are found in the Atlantis DLC and the new game, Valhalla, follows directly on from the consequences of Atlantis' conclusion. Without playing Atlantis, not much of that will make sense in Valhalla.

I'm currently playing my first playthrough of Final Fantasy 9. I have paused at the bit Zidane and Freya see the Queen and Beatrix in Bermecia
I'm so jealous you're getting to play it for your first time; 9 has got to be my favourite Final Fantasy (and that's saying a lot!). Got a favourite party member yet? :blm:

----------------------------------------------------------

I will Set You Free - How are you finding FF8? It's such a marmite game but I personally love it for the most part :monocle:.

----------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I'm playing:

Spiderman Remaster PS5 - So I've gotten the plat trophy but I still need to finish playing through new game plus on the hardest difficulty in order to actually have all the trophies, bizarrely. I feel like this game is a single playthrough kind of game since the gameplay isn't all that...varied throughout? Still, I loved that one playthrough :).

Crash 4 - Ok, I haven't played this for a wee bit but I love being back in that universe. It's bloody hard mind; this coming from someone who didn't see what was so hard about the remake trilogy. I've just beaten the first boss.

Mad Father - I completed this and got bad endings 1 and 2. Really thought it was creative but I couldn't find that 2d artstyle scary. Still, loved he horror themes :).

Crash 4 - Ok, I haven't played this for a wee bit but I love being back in that universe. It's bloody hard mind; this coming from someone who didn't see what was so hard about the remake trilogy. I've just beaten the first boss.

When I first posted about this game, I was only a few worlds in... I was calling it hard then!

Oh no!

It gets a lot harder. The final level, in particular, is just bonkers insane. I almost died in real life playing it!
I'm so glad the game allows you to have infinite lives... You truly do need them!

Anyway, I completed this game the other day. I enjoyed it a lot, despite the insane difficulty. There was quite a significant variety in the theming of the levels. I very much doubt that I'll be able to collect all of the gems, etc, considering how hard it was to even clear levels, but we'll see...

When I first posted about this game, I was only a few worlds in... I was calling it hard then!

Oh no!

It gets a lot harder. The final level, in particular, is just bonkers insane. I almost died in real life playing it!
I'm so glad the game allows you to have infinite lives... You truly do need them!

Anyway, I completed this game the other day. I enjoyed it a lot, despite the insane difficulty. There was quite a significant variety in the theming of the levels. I very much doubt that I'll be able to collect all of the gems, etc, considering how hard it was to even clear levels, but we'll see...

Oh christ. You know, I was gonna go for plat but perfecting levels is putting me off even playing. I think I might just play the game without caring about all that...

Finished up Gris the other day and really enjoyed it, a very good game & loved almost every aspect of this game. I really recommend it - Very somber & melancholic but beautiful all the same.

Anyway, been chugging along in Stardew Valley & Animal Crossing just kinda passing time. Getting ready to pickup Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica for nostalgia's sake.

I have just beaten Persona 5 Royal, after beating regular persona 5 about uh, 18 months ago! i put off playing it for ages as i hadn't actually long since bought persona 5 and a few months later, royal was announced andi was like. u wot m8.

Anyway, it was fun to go back and replay the game from the start with some new additions! enjoyed the new characters and the new palace. It's a great, fun game that really sucked me right back in on my, at this point, fourth run through of the game

As i finished this the other day, i jumped back into dragon quest heroes 2, i am struggling with the last two trophies on this as i am finding it to be a bit of a hellish grind, and thats coming from someone that quite likes the grind. Overall, it is a decent game, and i think it will just be one of those i will occassionally go back to to chip away at it, rather than getting stuck into it and it sucking my entire life away like i did with the witcher 3 lol

I also have sword art online hollow fragment on the go as well, that games pretty dumb tbh, though the game play is decent -ish. this is another one il probably just chip away at when i am inbetween games like i am at the minute

sooo my brother finally convinced me to buy a gaming PC............ spent around 3k dollars on it lol ANYWAY of course the first game I decided to buy after creating my steam account was FF13 :8F:gave up on SE to give me a remastered ff13 trilogy

gonna try to finish ff13 and ff13-2 during my one week break :yay:

I do the daily challenges for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (with the Afterbirth+ DLC!) on my Switch. Other than that, it depends on what game is currently tickling my fancy. A few weeks back it was Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back