[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crash 4...just ...just Crash 4. It's amazing and horrendous at the same time. Extremely excited to have Crash back but ready to tear someone's head off with my little finger for making the plat an absolute nightmare. I will get there! I will!

Final Fantasy VII (OG) - Lmao, is all I have to say. I'm doing this challenge run Harlequin and I made up and it's going... great so far. Nevermind the fact that Tifa isn't in my party :dry: Nevermind the fact we had to get Barret on a date for the trophy :dry: We have to pop Cait Sith's limit break whenever it's up, we have one healer and well, lord have mercy on my tiny soul because my healer is Yuffie. :dry: Yuffie of all people.

Did I mention Tifa isn't in my party? Awful, absolutely dreadful, to be honest. :dry:

Up until yesterday I'd been playing Cyberpunk 2077 which was a rather underwhelming, half baked experience akin to not making your cookies right at all, over baking them and then breaking a tooth on the one cookie you decide to chance!

I didn't finish out the gigs at all because they were pretty mindless grinding and I didn't fully level my character - it didn't hook me as much as I was expecting and it really got to a point where I was just playing it to finish it... then the third act hit and the sidequests revealed at _that_ point were pretty amazing. Ultimately, it feels paddled. The game (bugs aside) needed more time in the oven; the systems just aren't at the level you would expect. Cops were next to no threat; the economy is woefully balanced and the driving doesn't feel great to me at all either - then the traffic system is as basic and rudimentary as it gets, imo.

Anyway, I tried on HITMAN and... spent like 45 minutes getting disconnected to IOI's server so at this point I'll probably just go back to Skyrim...

Or not game for a while! That might be an idea!

I've been playing Octopath Traveler, which actually turned out to be much better than I expected it to be. It's an interesting concept to have eight separate stories and they do manage to rope in some character connections through travel banter. My main complaint, and this is bound to be an issue with eight separate character stories, is that I honestly don't care about some of the stories. A few of them are bland/uninteresting and don't really tie together well. I still haven't finished so I'll see how everything works out in the end, I suppose.

Recently I've been playing a bit of Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (now completed and 100% but no Platinum yet - maybe never).

I've also been playing The Sinking City.
I'm enjoying it. It’s a bit clunky (especially combat), but I do love a detective game. There aren’t nearly enough of them out there available on PlayStation. My main criticism of the game is that the horror seems to me a little bit too in your face. I get that this is Lovecraftian horror, and this is what attracted me to it, but it comes across as a Lovecraft caricature at times. Instead of a slow descent into madness, it is with you from the very beginning. All cats have been replaced with creepy dead-but-alive lobster cats. Monstrous twisted fiends wander the streets in infested areas. If you fall in the water even in the first five minutes then you begin to get slowly devoured by man-eating eels. The place is an absolute sh*thole at every corner. Not one part of the place has even a hint of normality. The 'Innsmouth Look' isn't gradually introduced in a way which builds suspense. Instead, you're likely to meet a full fish-man within the first half hour of playing the game.

I prefer the power of the unseen. I’d rather there be sounds, hints at things, rather than the horrors be prowling in plain daylight. But I understand the video game format requires it, and I do appreciate the effort. They have drawn from a lot of Lovecraftian lore and there are numerous Easter eggs for Lovecraft fans. It is just a bit too busy. The cosmic horror does exist in the game, but it seems to be taking a backseat in favour of jump-scares and shock value.

I really want to play Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. I have it but just haven't gotten around to it.

I just finished the Bravely Default 2 Demo. I really liked it and will probably get the full game. The battle system was interesting and there are some aspects that remind me of Octopath Traveler. I haven't played any of the previous Bravely games so I might look into those too.

currently playing NieR Replicant, glad the yorha outfits DLC were free, covered Kaine up the moment I loaded the game lmao
(last thing I need is my parents seeing her fight in her 3/4 of an underwear throughout the game :wacky:)

I downloaded and started playing Fantasian.

The diorama backgrounds are absolutely stunning! I sincerely hope they didn't just demolish these sets after scanning them. They belong in a museum!

The soundtrack, being by Nobuo (his last), is great as predicted. The plot seems more simplistic than most Final Fantasy games (the comparison is hard to avoid because of the legendary team-up of Nobuo and Sakaguchi). It is perhaps more like the earlier FF titles, but I am fairly early into the story so it could get more complicated in time. But I do not believe that simple = bad.
It is a fun game.

so one of my friends recommended I try a Visual Novel called The House in Fata Morgana.

honestly my only experience in VNs were the shoujo romance ones in PSP lol, but yeah luckily this one was on sale and I started playing (reading?) it three days ago and oh my god it's blowing my mind....... (caused two nightmares as well thanks a lot), it's a gothic tale about a cursed mansion and stuff...... excited to finish it I NEED ANSWERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back