I Don't Care - Apocalyptica feat. Adam Gontier
What Goes Around Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
From Yesterday - 30 Seconds to Mars
Toxic - Britney Spears
My Prerogative - Britney Spears
Hard - Rihanna
Disturbia - Rihanna
Love Game - Lady GaGa

I picked these videos because the artists actually used their creativity and delivered videos that were not only interesting but visually stunning as well. I absolutely hate it when a band or solo artist does a video where all they do is stand around playing a song. I like videos that have some sort of storyline or that at least have something going on, and all of my choices do.

Let me think? I love so many... ok here we go

1) In the end - Linkin park
2) Zepher song - Red hot chilli peppers
3) F**k her gently - Tenacious D
4) Standing outside the fire - Garth brooks
5) So what - Pink
6) Hero - Chad kruger
7) One - Metallica
8) Girls dont like boys - Good charlotte
9) Paper cut - Linkin park
10) Lies - Mcfly

At the moment, these are teh top ten videos I am loving.

1) Leona Lewis- I See You
Quite simply, it contains scenes from Avatar, perhaps one of the best and most emotive movies I have seen, and Leona herself looks dazzling here as always.

2) Muse- Knights of Cydonia

The video that drew me to Muse, and in my opinion, the epitome of Muse's greatness when it comes to videos. The western theme here is very well directed and a great concept.

3) The Saturdays- Ego

No doubt this is their best video yet and the superhero(ine) theme works really well with the name of the song. Each member showing off their individual powers on a speaker is a nice touch.

4) Lady GaGa- Poker Face

While Bad Romance and Paparazzi freaked me out a little, Poker Face is still GaGa's best video yet in my opinion, especially when she ascends from the water at the beginning.

5) Rihanna- Russian Roulette

It is rather dark and mature, much like Disturbia. The video really does bring a more emotional and frightening edge to the dark theme brought by the song.

6) Black Eyed Peas- Meet Me Halfway

It's an artistic video and certainly very interesting to look at. Where else will you find Will.I.Am riding an elephant on one of Jupiter's moons or Apl.de.Ap levitating and rotating in mid air?

7) 3OH!3 ft. Katy Perry- Starstrukk

It's not an amazing video, though one of my favourite because it's rather hilarious at the beginning and at the end. The 3Oh!3 boys' antics are also fun to watch.

8) Katy Perry- Hot N' Cold

I like the dancing, and the goings on during the video, especially with Alexander running away. The brides on bikes and the man wearing a bridesmaid dress are also funny touches.

9) Black Eyed Peas- Where Is The Love?

It's old, but still a meaningful video. I love how the four are running around slapping the ?s everywhere, and when Apl.de.Ap is rapping to a policeman after being caught.

10) Michael Jackson- Smooth Criminal

I had to include the King of Pop in there somewhere. The video is infamous. The amazing dance routine says it all. Michael Jackson could move flawlessly.

1) Beyonce - Single Ladies

I Love this video because it's simple and it is just nothing but Beyonce and her dancers. Sometimes you just need a fun video to just look at that is cool and not too much going on.

2) Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U

This video is amazing. It is very elegant and sweet. Talking about a woman catering to a good man. Three beautiful women who look stunning while in different invironments. It is a more mature song, imo but still a good song

3) David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over

This video is actually a cool looking video. It starts off pretty simple and goes into a party scene with Kelly and David. I just love how beautiful everything looks. This video actually helped me love the song even more.

4) Britney Spears - 3

Yes, this video/song speaks of a threesome...but, i still love it none the less. Very catchy and Britney looks amazing, imo.

5) Rihanna - Hard

Rihanna just looks bad ass in this video. How far she has grown up since the Chris Brown incident. I love this video and the song sooo much I play it all the time. lol. Very catchy and aggressive song, makes you feel bad ass and like you are the top notch.

6) Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart

Alicia does a good job with this video. It has a story behind it that can be a bit confusing but once you make it out it is an amazing story and video.

7) Lady Gaga - Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)

This video to me makes Lady Gaga looks so pretty that I was surprised! She looks stunning in this video, words cannot express. The song is kinda summer-ish and catchy. It may not be the more of the popular songs but it is something that makes lady gaga look stunning.

8) P!nk - Stupid Girls

You always have to have that catchy song about some stupid girl. lol. This is exactly it. P!nk always delivers with catchy beats and something that makes you laugh and go "hell yeah!" lol.

9) Beyonce - If I Were A Boy

I absolutely love this Video by Beyonce, she puts her heart into it if you ask me. Showcasing what men do to women and don't realize it. This video is something that alot of women can relate too.

10) Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind

I am never too big of a fan of rap but this song is so damn catchy. I adore it. The way Alicia sings and how well Jay-Z raps with the beat. I am in love. lol. The video makes everything in New York seem so reachable. Amazing video and a must see.

In no particular order:

- Ok Go: Here It Goes Again
- Michael Jackson: Thriller
- Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight, Tonight
- Fatboy Slim: Weapon of Choice
- Prodigy: Smack My Bitch Up
- Beastie Boys: Sabotage
- Pearl Jam: Jeremy
- Nine Inch Nails: Closer
- Run-DMC and Aerosmith: Walk This Way
- Foo Fighters: Learn to Fly

Honorable Mention:
- Blind Melon: No Rain
- Talking Heads: Once in a Lifetime
- Talking Heads: Burning Down the House
- Rage Against the Machine: Sleep Now in the Fire
- Arrested Development: Tennessee

And on and on and on....

Last edited:
Since I have never really liked music videos and hardly pay attention to them anymore, I'm just going to recommend one really good one that I feel everyone should watch:

Eminem- Stan: It is extremely rare that a music video magnifies the effect of the original song to the point where it's hard to go back to listening to the original song again without visualizing the video in the background. This rightfully deserves a place on any list of the greatest rap videos of all time. The lighting, scenery, and acting all come together to create one truly frightening and tragic experience. This video helped make me an Eminem fan for life. :p

Witness the Fitness by Roots Manuva is probably my favourite video of all time.
After that
Come to Daddy - Aphex Twin
All is full of love - Bjork
Smack my mitch up - The Prodigy
Bad Cover Version - Pulp
Out of Space - The Prodigy
911 is a joke - PE
Walk this way - Run DMC & Aerosmith

The Drumming Song - Florence & The Machine
I think it's very stylishly shot. The content isn't anything spectacular or new, but the art direction is really impressive.

1234 - Feist
I'm a fan of this kind of video. It takes a lot of planning and rehearsal to film a music video in one single take like this, and I can really appreciate all the work that goes into it.

This Too Shall Pass - OK Go
Again, the whole one take thing.

Coffee & TV - Blur
Quite well put together, and it even has a sub-plot to it. It's one of the few music videos where I find myself empathising with the characters.

Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Radiohead
I like the surreal feeling it has to it, and the images really compliment the song.

Unintended - Muse
The song is beautiful, and I think the style of the video helps promote that. The work done with lenses is really fascinating.

Here It Goes Again - OK Go
Once again, a really cool one-take video.

Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
Floria Sigismundi is a really interesting director, and this is one of her very best pieces.

Fire - Kasabian
Won several awards for best music video recently. I just like how they take a different look at things with it, really.

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Another really weird, surreal music video that's interesting to watch.

:rage: "VEVO" killed my Firefox and I lost most of this and now have to restart, even though I copied it :mokken: Oh well.

In no particular order, except that the first one is my fave:

1) Kenna- "Hell Bent"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5kyRn9CKTc
For being claymation, it's interestingly very dark. And the concept is amazing. Not to mention that the song is awesome, one of my favorites of his.

2) Foo Fighters- "Everlong"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBG7P-K-r1Y
I love all their videos, but this has always been my favorite. The parts where Dave's hand gets bigger and he starts smacking people with it always crack me up :D

3) Jamiroquai- "Virtual Insanity"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkIs37a2JE
I remember when this first came out, everyone thought it was so innovative :lew:It doesn't seem quite as high-tech now, but I still love it.

4) Grandaddy- "The Crystal Lake"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysq_SYy1taA
This is a great one about getting back to nature. The song is awesome and the video is funny as hell :D

5) Green Day- "Hitchin' A Ride"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6jtGjiDwIQ
I love the lighting in this one and the theater motif. All their old videos are good really; "Brain Stew/Jaded" is another one, I had trouble deciding.

6) Smashing Pumpkins- "Tonight, Tonight"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQSxwzOngMU
I've always thought this video was really beautiful. I love the hints of steampunk and the epicness of the song is perfect for the storybook feel of it.

7) Dave Matthews Band- "Don't Drink The Water"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psIuidkkLjI
I love the imagery in this one, it's very powerful. The song is about indigenous tribes being pushed aside by modern civilization, and scenes showing native people living in a tropical jungle are interspersed with Dave riding on an expensive chandelier dressed in a uniform reminiscent of a war general (I think? :hmmm:), singing that he'll "build heaven and call it home" on their land. It's really well done.

8) Talk Talk- "It's My Life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQYyKzyDaE
What's great about this one is that the band worked together with the director to go against the common lip-synching trends of the time period; the singer deliberately keeps his mouth shut in protest the few times you see him in it. And it's got lots of cool animals :awesome: Probably the only video I've ever seen like this.

9) Meat Loaf- "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GNhdQRbXhc
Epic, epic, epic. This is the 7-minute version, though I've heard that there's a longer one.

10) Weird Al- "Amish Paradise"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg
This is one of the first ones that made him famous, and it was groundbreakingly awesome. I still crack up at it watching it now however many years later.

Last edited:
my top 10

1. break apart her heart (good charlotte)
2. because i got high (afroman)
3. welcome to the black parade (my chemical romance)
4. beautiful girl (sean kingston)
5. bloody valentine (good charlotte)
6. catalyst (linkin park)
7. ghost of you (good charlotte)
8. hold on (good charlotte)
9. her father's song (fm static)
10. the catalyst (linkin park)

In no particular order~

1: Rhapsody of Fire - Unholy Warcry. I must've watched this several dozen times when it first came out. It's still the band being quirky, but I liked seeing Christopher Lee in a Burger King crown XD

2: Weezer - Pork and Beans. This video is already fun, but it takes on a whole new level of awesome when you know what most of the videos in it are.

3: Gorillaz - Stylo. The song's good enough, but now we've got Murdoc, 2D, and the Noodlebot in a car chase...with Bruce Willis? That adds several new levels of awesome.

4: A-Ha - Take On Me. Due to this.
Piiipe wreeeeench fiiiiight~

5: Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. My love of this is mainly due to the Windmill Island scenes. The animation is just so well done.

6: Gorillaz - El Manana. Yeah, uh, remember what I said about the Windmill Island?

7: Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels. The other original Literal Video.
Now I'm floating back down to the ground floor~

8: DJ Earworm - Blame it on the Pop. Okay, so technically this is a mix of videos. I still love how it all mixes though.

9: Blind Guardian - Mr. Sandman. The drag. The Pennywise outfits. It's all great.

10: Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah. It's silly, but the zombie cheerleaders are a nice touch.

Last edited:
Update:

My favourites have change quite significantly since last time. I don't think there's anything still the same as last time.

In no particular order.

1. Enrique Iglesias - Heartbeat ft. Nicole Scherzinger

2. Lady Gaga on Chatroulette!(TELEPHONE PARODY)

3. Far East Movement - Like A G6 ft. The Cataracs, DEV

4. Eric Prydz - Call On Me

5.3OH!3 - My First Kiss (feat. Ke$ha)

6. Katy Perry - California Gurls ft. Snoop Dog

7. Britney Spears - Piece Of Me

8. The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants

Get Him to the Greek - Jackie Q's "Ring 'Round"

Get Him to the Greek - Jackie Q's "Supertight"

Update:

Ooooh a bunch more favourites! I think they've all changed bar two!

1. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock

2. Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me

3. Ke$ha - Blow

I love James Van Der Beek in this video. XD He got hotter and I love it when he rips off his bra after Ke$ha rips hers off. XD

4. Britney Spears -Till The World Ends

5. Katy Perry - E.T. ft. Kanye West

6. Lady Gaga - Born This Way

7. The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants

Rihanna - S&M

9. Far East Movement - Like A G6 ft. The Cataracs, DEV

10. Flo Rida - Turn Around (5,4,3,2,1)

i've just seen this and am seriously impressed. i love the song, and i'm a fan of music videos that are done in one shot, or at least have the appearance of being done in one shot

10 tracks without specific order
Britney born to make
Britney overprotected darkchild
Starships sara
Frankie goes to holywood power of love
Heart world to turn
Robin gibb julieto
Paola & chiara festival
Paloa/chiara vamos a bailar
Glenn medeiros nothings gonna change
Sandra heaven can wait

Back