Tale of the Forgotten, Sign Ups and disscusion.

Ok I talked to ya in MSN about the little things that needed touched upon. Also you can have him learn magic on the way, and if it would be easier for you to remember just edit it in your post. Other then that welcome and feel free to post.

Applying to be the main Villian was it?

Name – Slayn Wilder

Title – Dark Spirit Master

Alignment – Evil

Race –Human & Kialal Due to the Soul Possession of the Dark Gem

Gender – Male

Age – Unknown though he looks to be in his early 20's

Appearance
slayn.jpg

Personality – He is normally Quiet and keep's his thought's to himself,though if angered he will not hesistate to extinguish the life of the person who angered him,due to the Dark Gem's constant Drain on his body,He is somewhat weak if he hasn't absorbed another soul into it.

He also enjoy's fighting with his sword toying with his prey until they either surrender or bend to his will.

Weapons – Ring Weapon(See Appearence) - Sword,This Weapon is a very Rare artifact that very few can use,it first appears as a simple ring on the bearer's finger until he/she decides to fight after which it becomes a weapon made from the user's mind,the Gem's inside of it determine it's power and abilities.

The Draw back to this Weapon is that it takes alot of stamina to use,but once the owner is used to it beware..

Abilities

Combat Mastery-Able to Effectively use Swordsmanship skill's and Magical Spell's

Gem Mastery-Able to use every Elemental Gem but limited to only 4 per battle (Dark Gem is always on)

Dark Spirit Absorb-Absorb's any and all Dark Elemental Attack's be it Physical or Magical

Retribution-When Near Death the Dark Gem Activate's increasing Slayn's Speed,Power,Endurence,and Magic Damage

Skill-Requiem's Rapture:This Skill is a very powerful offensive skill that create's a shockwave of dark energy dealing alot of damage to all who get sucked into it

Magic – The Magic he can Cast is limited to what Gem Fragment's are inside his Ring (Only 3)

Fire Magic-Fire Arrow:Summon's up 3 heat seeking fireball's,the Fireball's have a limited range and can be extinguished by water spell's.

Water Magic-Shield of Undine:Create's a barrier of Water around the caster and cannot be penetrated by normal weapon's magic seem's to have a decent effect on destroying it.

Wind Magic-Cyclone Wave:The Caster Create's a Small Cyclone that follows the oppenent and shoot's out small shockwaves of wind.

Earth Magic-Fissure:The Caster summon's up the fury of a titan which is then placed into the weapon of the caster when the said weapon connects to the ground,walls,or Ceiling it causes a small Earthquake to open a Fissure.Good for Escapes or traps.

Light Magic-Angelic Bless-Heal's Small to Medium wound's that are on the caster,the drawback to this spell is that the caster must not be interrupted during the casting of this spell if interrupted the spell will fail.

Dark Magic-Aura of Death:This Spell Buff's the user by increasing their Attack,Magic,Speed,and Defence.It's effect lasts for a long time but cannot stack over the skill Retribution.

History – A Young Soldier who Recently joined the Dark One's Army Slayn was a Diligent Knight serving at his side,One day as he was reporting to the Dark One,The Dark One coughed and Gagged as if he was on deaths door,Worried Slayn went up to him and helped him back into the throne as he did this he mistakenly touched the Dark Gem As a Result the Dark one took this Chance to Take over a fresh young body to regain his former power.

((Hope this is acceptable Soul wasn't sure on history so i kinda made it up if you need me to edit anything please lemme know))

Last edited:
Sent ya a PM don't think I was clear enough. If ya fix what I sent this won't be a problem.

Well as ya said it didn't get sent, talked via MSN all is in good order now, so welcome.

Well for those that care sorry it took so long for me to post this. For a number of reasons I have decided to again sadly close my RP. Some of the people that first signed up seem to no longer be here, so until once again there is enough interest if there ever will be I will try once again with this.

Well over much debating and thought pondering, I have decided to give this another run. So just reposting this to get it to jump it up and noticed again. Those interested in joining the typical template for when creating any characters will do.

Also to make one thing clear this is a medieval magic type era, so no guns and the such would be aloud.

Name:
Lord Korbinian von Mondlicht

Alignment:
Lawful Evil

Race:
Pheonician

A race of humanoid beings with angel wings of varying colors,
Pheonicians can reincarnate if they die naturally, (ie natural causes or sickness), but not so the case if they die unnaturally (ie physical death/battle). They have an average lifespan of 150 years. They also have the ability to hide their wings to make themselves look entirely human. Other physical features include rounded ears and varying nose shapes and sizes like humans do. Pheonicians have circular eyes, but their natural eye colors are of tremendous range, making it somewhat easier to pick out Pheonicians from humans.

Appearance:
Korbinian is a man that looks middle aged in appearance, with a slightly wrinkled face, paler than normal due to the fact that he doesn't often see sunlight. He has long flowing greyish-black hair, and piercing sulfuric yellow rounded eyes that is similar in color to hot lava. His build is muscular, but not overly so, standing at 6'3", 235 lbs.

Attire:
Korbinian is a strategist and a military man, thus his attire of choice is his dark armor, a navy-blue colored chestplate composed of a mysterious steel. The chestplate only covers the torso. Underneath the breastplate is a brigandine armor, which is a solid wool shirt, underneath that is a chainmail shirt, the latter two extending down his arm. His leg armor consists of a thick wool pants over chainmail, followed by metal greaves and shoes.

Personality:
Korbinian is a calm, cool and composed individual, perfect traits for the role as a strategist. Even when the cards are stacked against him or his plans fail, he retains a air of sanity admist the chaos, despite himself fighting for a more chaotic world in itself. He other aspects of his personality are contradictions in itself. He is public to others yet private in his thoughts, he is able commander and takes part in the battlefield but doesn't fight on the front line. Korbinian is also in a sense, wrathful. While he would put on a smile and show a civil face, you wouldn't tell from his facial expressions when he has the enemy on his knees with his/her neck touching his blade.

Fighting Style:
Korbinian's fighting style is actually varied on weapon. As a soldier and strategist, he is knowledgeable on how certain weapons work and is skilled in any kind of weapon that passes through his hands. His knowledge of a multitude of fighting styles makes him an unpredictable opponent, thus when compounded with the use of his offensive magic make him a dangerous opponent on the field.

Weapon:
Korbinian's primary weapons are a combination of a Sword and Dagger. The sword is roughly 3 feet long, and made of steel. Etched on the blade are several ancient runic markings that is used to channel his magic from when he is not using conventional magical practices. These etchings are of a darker shade, in black, in contrast to his platnium-colored blade.

His Dagger is a Stilleto type weapon designed for thrusting only. The blade is roughly a foot long and is made of steel with a black grip. It's narrow size means it is easy for concealability when in battle, perfect for unsuspecting foes to be struck with its blade.

He is also capable of using many other weapons that passes through his hands with just as great a skill as his main weapons.

Abilities:
Korbinian's skills and abilities delve in his knowledge of the Arcane. He has knowledge of but 6 elements, the natural elements of Fire, Water, Air and Earth, as well as Light and Dark, and he can use these to channel these energies to his blade, the element chosen represented by the color of his blade:

Fire: Red
Water: Blue
Air: Green
Earth: Brown
Light: White/Pearl Brown
Dark: Purple

Korbinian can also shoot out waves of energy from his sword or his hand, which corresponds to the element as well.

History:
Korbinian was born into the an Aristocratic Pheonician family. Growing up, he was considered to be an introvert, preferring books and his studies to socializing with his friends. He would learn how to wield the sword, among other weapons as he would be trained in the art of being a leader of men.

Unfortunately, the Dark One's forces would do battle with his kingdom before he had a chance to lead, and many in the court, including his father was killed in battle with the Dark One and his army. This left Korbinian bitter and distraught as he became a prisoner in the Dark One's dungeons. It wasn't until he met with the man himself that he would make the proverbial pact with the devil, choosing to join his army rather than dying under the executioner's axe.

Korbinian rose through the ranks swiftly, becoming one of his most prominent and capable field commanders. His knowledge of battlefield tactics made him a worthy ally, but his bitterness over losing all he had has not changed, and is ever willing to get back at him for it.

Last edited:
Oh? A restarted RP? -ponders for a bit-

I think I'll join in. I'll add in a link to the bio that came to mind first for me maybe tomorrow or after the test on wednesday and well see where that leads.

EDIT: So now that I'm thinking about it, scrap the previous idea; I'm gonna flesh out a character I've had brewing.

Last edited:
Noblesse Oblige xAaronx Guys looking forward to seeing your bios done and completed. Glad you decided to give this a try again and willing to try and stick this out.

Gavin AEtherae Just get your bio up when ya can,

Bathoin Sorry but I have rejected your bio, I also sent you a PM explaining why. Still willing to try and work with you.

Also as a final note to those who may not know. I am in Survivor so as of April 13th I will be locked away, so this won't start till I get kicked out or by some fluke of a chance I win this thing somehow. So I will be accepting bios for quite a while at the least.

Name – Slayn Wilder

Title – Dark Spirit Master

Alignment – Evil

Race –Human & Kialal Due to the Soul Possession of the Dark Gem

Gender – Male

Age – Unknown though he looks to be in his early 20's

Appearance
slayn.jpg

Personality – He is normally Quiet and keep's his thought's to himself,though if angered he will not hesistate to extinguish the life of the person who angered him,due to the Dark Gem's constant Drain on his body,He is somewhat weak if he hasn't absorbed another soul into it.

He also enjoy's fighting with his sword toying with his prey until they either surrender or bend to his will.

Weapons – Ring Weapon(See Appearence) - Sword,This Weapon is a very Rare artifact that very few can use,it first appears as a simple ring on the bearer's finger until he/she decides to fight after which it becomes a weapon made from the user's mind,the Gem's inside of it determine it's power and abilities.

The Draw back to this Weapon is that it takes alot of stamina to use,but once the owner is used to it beware..

Abilities

Combat Mastery-Able to Effectively use Swordsmanship skill's and Magical Spell's

Gem Mastery-Able to use every Elemental Gem but limited to only 4 per battle (Dark Gem is always on)

Dark Spirit Absorb-Absorb's any and all Dark Elemental Attack's be it Physical or Magical

Retribution-When Near Death the Dark Gem Activate's increasing Slayn's Speed,Power,Endurence,and Magic Damage

Skill-Requiem's Rapture:This Skill is a very powerful offensive skill that create's a shockwave of dark energy dealing alot of damage to all who get sucked into it

Magic – The Magic he can Cast is limited to what Gem Fragment's are inside his Ring (Only 3)

Fire Magic-Fire Arrow:Summon's up 3 heat seeking fireball's,the Fireball's have a limited range and can be extinguished by water spell's.

Inferno-Summons a Wall of Fire to block enemies from moving towards the caster.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Water Magic-Shield of Undine:Create's a barrier of Water around the caster and cannot be penetrated by normal weapon's magic seem's to have a decent effect on destroying it.

Blast-Summons up a Water ball that explodes on impact hitting an enemy with searing hot water and steam.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wind Magic-Cyclone Wave:The Caster Create's a Small Cyclone that follows the oppenent and shoot's out small shockwaves of wind.

Teleport-Highest level wind magic, requires some time to cast but can easily teleport the user and anyone touching him to any location the caster desires.

Earth Magic-Fissure:The Caster summon's up the fury of a titan which is then placed into the weapon of the caster when the said weapon connects to the ground,walls,or Ceiling it causes a small Earthquake to open a Fissure.Good for Escapes or traps.

Quicksand-Commands the earth to soften with a strike from the sword, turning the ground into a sand pit.

Light Magic-Angelic Bless-Heal's Small to Medium wound's that are on the caster,the drawback to this spell is that the caster must not be interrupted during the casting of this spell if interrupted the spell will fail.

Dark Magic-Aura of Death:This Spell Buff's the user by increasing their Attack,Magic,Speed,and Defence.It's effect lasts for a long time but cannot stack over the skill Retribution.

History – A Young Soldier who Recently joined Lord Korbinian von Mondlichts, Slayn became a knight under his rule and killed anyone who threatened the Lords life, The Dark Soul Gem embedded in Slayns Chest has a separate personality thats even more cruel then his normal personality. He Obtained this Gem Years ago from a Dark King, This King used the Gem as a source of immortality stealing the souls of servants.

Slayn was Hired to Assassinate the King and succeeded in killing him but as he went to grab the Gem to prove he killed him, the Gem exploded with Dark Energy causing Slayn to get thrown into the nearby wall, the gem approached and embedded itself into his chest, Since then Slayn has been looking for a King who was Ruthless enough to earn his loyalty. Lord Korbinian Had a reputation for...

Thats all I can go with history till Noble finishes his.

Name – Varen Sleniar

Title – The Tenth Myrmidon

Alignment – Chaotic Good

Race – Elf

The Elves of the Vargskol Mountains are somewhat different than their forest dwelling counterparts. Though they maintain the slender body structure and height of their kin, their skin is markedly paler and their eyes tend to be in unnaturally dark shades, mostly on the cooler spectrum, sometimes even turning jet black. Other warmer colours do occur but they stay dark. Their hair rarely goes to light shades and those born with light or fair coloured hair are considered good luck for the coming year. They also live longer than their counterparts, often for around 700 years, compared to about 400 for their kin. Unlike their kin, they do not take well to outsiders at all except for a scant few trade families who have done business with these elves for generations. To these outside races, they have a sense of disdain, less so to their cousins, for their existence and refuse to assist, not that anyone asks. Their existence is forgotten to most.

Gender – Male

Age –68

Appearance – Varen carries the typical elven characteristics, being slender and several inches over six feet tall. Unusual among his people, he has blue hair that reaches his shoulders, framing his face and always seeming to blow into his face when a wind gust occurs. His eyes are an oddity, not in their colour but what else is there; they are a deep purple black and are flecked with golden streaks that never seem to stay in the same place. His ears have a more prominent pointed tip than most elves and are pierced and studded with golden gems.

His travel attire is a dark blue high collared sleeveless shirt that covers his neck. Over his shoulders is a dark purple knee-length cape, the edges clasped at his neck with a silver chain. His pants are simple white leather pants, the edges of which are tucked into a pair of dark brown, almost black, knee high leather boots. At his waist is a heavy leather band about three inches wide with slots on each side for a scabbard for a blade. On his arms is a pair of black elbow length leather gloves.

Personality –Varen is a flighty sort of person, always skipping out on work to simply loaf about. As bad as they may seem, he is better attuned to nature than most of his elven counterparts and even though he cut out on his training, he has a natural talent for swordsmanship that ‘could be turned into something great if he would only apply himself,’ as his instructors say. He also tries to avoid responsibility whenever possible, making sure to disappear before anything needs to be done.

Though a bit of a rogue, he’s a nice guy at heart and in the end a true friend to anyone who gains his trust. Little seems to get to him and he easily brushes off most insults. He’s not afraid to defend himself if it comes to that, usually ending with the aggressor on the ground.

In battle, he tends to joke around a lot, sometimes taunting, others simply commenting on things like how his opponent is keeping his right side open. He doesn’t leave himself out of it either, making fun of his own missteps or failed attacks.

Weapons – Stormblade
The Stormblade is a weapon gifted by Marrowcrown and allows proficient magic use and minor control over the natural elements imbued within it, water and wind mostly with a touch of lightning in this case. Though the blade is incredibly powerful, its true power is sealed away unlocking more and more as the wielder becomes accustomed to it. It is a source of magic and thusly can be impacted by spells and other things that absorb magic; this is old magic though so either spell circles or touch is needed. That being said, its magic will bleed into its wielder, allowing them to cast magic without the sword in hand though they will never attain the raw power the sword imbues their magic with. The sword can also act as a conduit, much like a staff or wand and never needs to be sharpened.

Its base is a longsword, approximately four feet long with a blade with of close to two inches at its widest point and a little over an inch at its thinnest. It is 0.9 cm thick tapering to 0.3 cm for its edges. Both sides of the blades are edged. One side is waved at a wavelength of two inches. The other has a number of flanges that curl in on itself and go back out whimsically like the wind with every edge being razor sharp, the result being an edge that flays skin easily.

Abilities – Swordsmanship- Varen has been trained in swordsmanship since he was able to lift a blade. Though the top of his class, he is still only of average ability by Vargskol Elf standards (i.e. he’s much better than his peers but in the population he’s only average), he can easily outstrip all but the best of most other races.

Nature Attunement – Through living in Marrowcrown for as long as they have, the Vargskol Elves have a natural feel for nature itself, naturally knowing things about the soil, plants, and animals that it takes others years to discover. Consequently, few natural animals ever bother them nor do sentient plants accost them.

Natural Shroud – Elves can naturally blend into the environment, making them very difficult to see by normal means.

Magic
Lightning Strike (SB)-Calls a lightning strike from the Stormblade that arcs toward the target. Can split up to 3 times.

Windgust(SB)-Summons a powerful zephyr which can blow non-magical projectiles off course and alter currents. Can easily unbalance those not in heavy armour.

Rainblast(SB)- Condenses water in the air into a torrent of icy water that blasts into a target with the power of an ocean tempest. Con only be done a few times outside of a rainstorm.

[More to be added as his skill improves. Also, some will move from requiring the Stormblade (SB) to simply being able to be cast.]

History – The Vargskol elves have lived in isolation for a number of millennia caring not for the woes of the world unless it comes to their doorstep. Many have speculated why armies have been routed there and unable to continue campaigns across the Vargskol mountains. Some attribute it to the mountains being cursed, others to tribes of violent ogres or goblins that will sacrifice anything to maintain their turf. Few know the truth and those that do have either been privy to it for generations or are part of a long enough lived race to know about it.

The Vargskol elves were originally from a forest known as the Wardvale. This forest was teeming with dangerous and monstrous beasts, insects the size of a man’s hand, carnivorous plants and other natural horrors. Within this forest lived a group of elves that lived in the tree tops. The Wardvale was named by the humans on the coastal side of the forest, a prosperous people who traded not only with other coastal nations but with the elves themselves. On the other side of the Wardvale was another human nation, one dedicated to imperialistic conquest. They knew of the port city on the other side but insofar, all their attempts to breach the Wardvale had failed. At least until science progresses.

The imperialistic nation of Tairstren was known in the region for its military prowess but also its weapons development people. These are the men and women who optimized the Tairstren catapults to fling payloads over a quarter mile away. Among them were alchemists dedicated to blazing a trail through the Wardvale. After 100 years a pair of women succeeded in creating a liquid that burned for nearly a day without consuming itself.

Armed with this ‘battlefire’ as they coined it, the armies marched on the Wardvale. As soon as they were in range, their siege engines began lobbing the battlefire into the Wardvale, soaking its inhabitants to the bone with the foul smelling liquid. Once at the edge, they lit the forest afire, razing the living plants and animals within. Panic ensued as the licking flames encroached on their homes. Taking what little they were able to, the elves fled along with the inhabitants that still lived.

The fire raged for days as it consumed the entire Wardvale, chasing the elves through it as they made their egress. Making it to the farthest edge, they continued on, fearing that the Tairstren Empire would pursue them. Crossing plains and skirting deserts and lakes, they made their way to the Vargskol Mountains. As they climbed the mountain range, a number of them heard voices, calling out to them. The farther up they go, the more of them heard the voices and those that had been hearing them heard them even clearer and louder. At the summit of the highest peak it was nearly deafening as they gazed upon the massive tree that stood before them. With bark of silver and leaves of light blue, the colossal tree stretched to the heavens, only the lowest boughs hanging down. It was wide, almost a small village wide and as the elves watched in awe, they saw a horrendous sight.

From the base of the tree crawled out a mammoth insect, hard black carapace glistening. From its constantly moving jaws it spewed a stream of acid that ate away the bark and devoured a hole in it. The creature tunneled its way back into the tree, devouring the acid eaten bark as it did.

See the abomination, it became clear what the voices were, they were a call for help. From what was unknown but these insect were destroying nature and though they could not save their own home, they might be able to save this one. Taking their blades in hand, the Elves infiltrated the tree through the tunnels, slaying the beasts as they found them and carving out the acid rotted sapwood.

A colony of the beasts lived inside the tree, devouring it from the inside out and back in. It took many months and though the death toll was high for the beasts, so too did the elves lose many of their beloved. Had it not been for the persistence of the elves and the tree’s natural defenses coming to aid them as it healed, then the battle could have lasted far longer than a mere 4 months.

When the last insect was slain and its carcass removed, the elven elder stepped forward from the main base in the heartwood of the tree and called out, asked to know whom they had saved. Around them the heartwood shimmered and a voice rang out. The tree announced itself as the Marrowcrown, last of the ancient trees. Born of old magic, it was Marrowcrown that enabled creatures to live in the Vargskol Mountains, discharging oxygen through its roots that stretched through the mountains.

To repay the elves, it offered them a home within itself. Most of the tunnels left behind would never heal completely and those that would remain would be more than enough to accommodate a hundred times as many elves as remained. The elder graciously accepted the offer and their journey ended.

As the elves began the daunting task of repairing the damage, Marrowcrown began to accumulate magic for its next gift. Though the current threat was over, there would always be another on the horizon and champions of both Marrowcrown and the elves were needed. On the eve of their fourth year within their new Sanctuary, the lookouts spotted the Tairstren Empire mobilizing its forces to cross the Vargskol. Upon hearing this news, Marrowcrown called nine swordsmen of the elves to come to the Heartwood Chamber where it bequeathed upon them the power of nature itself in a number of forms as the Elemental Myrmidons. Alone they ventured out to meet the Tairstren Army and as they drew their blades, they shimmered, natural magic flowing through them and reshaping them. They clashed with the Tairstrens and annihilated them in restitution for the loss of their home.

Returning to Marrowcrown, they stood as sentinels, champions to protect the tree and the inhabitants alike. These Elemental Myrmidons were not immune to the ravages of war or time though. They fell just the same as any other elf and then another would be called to the duty. And this is where we find Varen some fourteen millennia later.

Still a teenager by elven standards, he is remarkable with a sword, the top of his class. Up until now, his life has been a normal one, but with the advent of the Shockblade Myrmidon’s passing it is about to take a wild turn.

Last edited:
Alright all bio's seem to be in place and look good. Though Gavin I have a question about yours, just one small issue I would like to address, so I will try PM or the SB. As for when this will start I am waiting on a bio from someone else interested and then would at least like to get a minimum of two more people. So if you guys know some people that would be interested drop them a word and ask them to check this out.

KK LJ I'm in I will edit this post in the next couple days for a bio. (y)

Just would like to say and point out please. From this point on right now anyone interested, I would like to see more bio's for the good guy's side right now. Later on especially if I get enough people to do a second arc to say then more slot's on the villain side shall open up.

Actually Soulcorruptor I'm going to half to withdraw from this for now.

I'm getting more and more busy and its honestly hard to keep up with all the RP's I'm in, Keeping Active in the Graphics Clan, Keeping Active with my MMO friends x.x.

If I get more time I'll rejoin since my profile is mostly done already.

Back