SOTW/AOTW Discussions, Suggestions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warbsywoo

Hellodia.
Veteran
Gil
SOTW General Information

SOTW = Signature of the Week. This competitions take place once a week and are put up by the designated mods. Any one can enter by following the the weekly guidelines that are put up. These guidelines are to be followed by anyone entering for that specific week.

Example of the guidelines.

Theme:
Music
Rules:
Transparency is allowed, can't be square.

Rules that apply for every SOTW

1. You are not allowed to vote for your own entry. Doing so will get you disqualified.

2. You cannot submit the same signature or avatar in more than one competition. You are however, allowed to use the same renders multiple times.

3. All SOTW entries must be within forum limits, 500x350px max.

4. Votes without posts will be counted. However, posting feedback is encouraged. Entrants work hard on their entries, so receiving feedback, or comments is nice.

5. You are only allowed to enter one signature in SOTW. However, you may enter a signature made by you, as well as any number of signatures made as a collaboration with another artist/artists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theme Suggestions:

1. Hero / Heroines
    [*]Love Stories
    [*]Future
    [*]Apocolypse
    [*]Anime / Manga
    [*]Set colours - selected theme prompts artists to work with selected colours.
    [*]Rainbows
    [*]Robots
    [*]Zombies
    [*]Set Stock
    [*]Set Renders
    [*]Resource Packs
    [*]Collaborations
    [*]Year you were born in
    [*]The 90's, etc.
    [*]Elements
    [*]7 Sins
    [*]Hope / Faith / Love
    [*]Night
    [*]Mystery
    [*]Magic
    [*]Classics (movies, shows, books etc.)
    [*]Music
    [*]Electricity
    [*]Despair
    [*]The past
    [*]Favourite Book
    [*]Favourite Movie
    [*]Locations (eg. Countries.)
    [*]Words
    [*]Nature
    [*]Flowers
    [*]Space
    [*]Letters (Alphabet random letter picked.)

Last edited by a moderator:
1.) Hero or Heroines
2.) Love Stories
3.) Future
4.) Apocalypse
5.) Anime or Manga
6.) Four set colors - if this theme is selected, you would pick four colors for the GFX artist to work with.
7.) Rainbows
8.) Robots
9.) Zombies!
10.) Chosen stock

That's all I can think up :blush:

1.) Resource Pack.

Would like to see this one. Have a specific render + stock + font + some resources like C4D's, textures, etc. =] Would be cool.

1) set stock
2) collab
3) year you were born
4) the 90s
5) the elements
6) 7 sins
7) hope faith and love (make a sig based on one or all of those)
8) night
9) mystery
10) magic
11) classics (movies, shows, books etc.)
12) music (der)
13) electricity
14) despair
15) the past
16) the future
ill think of more later :)

Elements,,
Favourite book
Locations (eg countries),
Words,
Nature,
Space,
Something starting with a certain letter of the Alphabet.

AOTW / SOTW General Information

SOTW/AOTW = Signature of the Week / Avatar of the Week. These competitions take place once a week and are put up by the designated mods. Any one can enter by following the the weekly guidelines that are put up. These guidelines are to be followed by anyone entering for that specific week.

Example of the guidelines.

Theme:
Music
Rules:
Transparency is allowed, can't be square.

Rules that apply for every SOTW & AOTW

1. You are not allowed to vote for your own entry. Doing so will get you disqualified.

2. You cannot submit the same signature or avatar in more than one competition. You are however, allowed to use the same renders multiple times.

3. All SOTW entries must be within forum limits, 500x300px max, and AOTW can be 150x150px max.

4. Votes without posts will be counted. However, posting feedback is encouraged. Entrants work hard on their entries, so receiving feedback, or comments is nice.

5. You are only allowed to enter one signature in SOTW. However, you may enter a signature made by you, as well as any number of signatures made as a collaboration with another artist/artists.

Purpose of this thread

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the current, past or upcoming themes/guidelines. Winners will be posted here as well. Please keep theme suggestions in the designated thread, here: LINK to Suggestions Thread.

Schedule

Every week we will post a guidelines thread detailing the theme, entry date and any additional rules for the upcoming A/SOTW. If you enter, PM your entries to Jay or Kira, depending on which week it is, so that the voting will be more anonymous. Once the voting threads are up, the guidelines for next week's SOTW/AOTW will be posted.

Prizes & Awards

To be updated soon!

Last edited:
Regarding SOTW/AOTW 26.

I'm not sure if I can make it on to the computer tomorrow to put up SOTW/AOTW so I went ahead and put the voting up. "Late entrants" if you already made an entry, you still have a 24 hour period to send it in, just to be fair, as I did put them up a day early.

Thanks! :)

Bonus week in SOTW/AOTW with the next theme: Halloween!

Check out the guidelines for more information on the prizes and rewards, hopefully we can expect a lot of entries. ♥ If you have any questions toss a PM our way. ;)

It's Jay's turn. He'll get to it soon. =]

I noticed the lack of activity in the SOTW entries lately, is there anything you guys would like to see for SOTW preferably? We don't mind meeting in the middle if that makes things more interesting for you guys! :D

poor SOTW :( So neglected.

I like the favourite colour theme :griin: I'll try to enter this one! I recently did a favourite colour sig so I think for this one I might do my second favourite colour (I still really love this particular colour) just to make it a bit more interesting for me (if that's ok)
Also hopefully someone else will bother to enter so I am not the only one and make something for nothing ;_;

Where are the SOTW threads anyway? :huh: Is it just me but I can't seem to find the SOTW 32 threads anywhere. Am I being a retard again? :(

Morgalodia - #38 skipped, no entries. Your turn whenever ready! :D

Fuck it, I'll make something right now.

That's the spirit!

Count me in too. Lets try and get sotw back and active again. I have some gooood renders ready to use :ohoho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back