RPG Inferno is now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I REFUSE to purchase a pet. I don't want to have to rely on someone else to deal extra damage. I'd rather take the extra time and do it myself.

Again, if that makes any sense.

I said the same thing, until I actually started using a pet. It's quite nice when your pet can be an evasion tank/ or blood sponge for you, while you do the main attacks. Also the heals, might be small but over time they do account for something.

I was going assassin as well at first, then found out that the game allows it so you can up your Dex/Str and go nutty on the Damage. 250+ per 2 hits and then with calculated speed, do another flurry of hits for the same approximate damage.

It's sick in PvE, so hopefully it'll be nerfed so dex is accounted for.. but then won't folks just bend towards whatever stat is best for duel wielding?

So then maybe one handed Keyblades with sword like capabilities can be implemented again? :grin:

And that's what I said before. To wield two weapons, accuracy has to be sacrificed, so instead of weakening them, lower their accuracy, but have attack types that raise it, if only a little. But then you have to compensate for the weapons primary use for assassins, who rely on EVA mostly, giving the attack type too much increases :hmmm:

One thing to consider is the makeup of inferno, that at times messes things up. If you have a spd rediculously higher than opponent, you can get more than one turn at a time. Well, attack types will continue to increase to rediculous bonuses. With duel weld this is compounded even more. So eventually the player starts getting totally rediculous hits. Well beyond what they are supposed to. So this is another serious issue with a str/dex bonus too high for duel weld.

Oh, I was in belief that that was fixed :hmmm:

Then I get what your saying about that. In an RPG of past, people who went repeatedly could garner over thousands of STR using attack types. So I would see where the discouragement would stem from :hmmm:

It's just about finding a way to allow them the use of the attack types, whilst keeping the insane bonuses in check.

He just said he's not doing negatives this time, Sean.

It'll be a case of not increasing str too much and probably focus more on speed/eva boosts for assassin type weapons. Which sounds fairer and more balanced when you look at the swords and such.

He just said he's not doing negatives this time, Sean.

Oh, my fault. Then he will find a way to regulate the increases and damage, whilst allowing you the bonuses assassins rely on? That sounds like a great comprimise :yay:

Now, about the Keyblades......:ahmed: One-handed please :grin:

Alright, the Fire Caverns and some Centra Ruins areas have been opened. :monster: There is also an NPC now at the Dipan Outskirts area that is past that Dipan Castle that leads to just the very first area of a place called Mystic Forest, for now there is just some good spells and potions there. :awesome: But there is a requirement to gain access, go converse with him to find out what. :P

To access my Fire Cavern areas, speak with the Jecht NPC. To access the new areas Koloth made, it begins with the Hole in the floor area which you can travel right to from the Dipan Tavern Cellar (he was going to make a trigger for it, but changed his mind).

New areas everybody, enjoy. :jess: Hope my Fire Cavern areas test you. :giggle:

Don't let the first few areas fooll you. Fire Cavern gets nasty toward the end. As for my area, its not my best. But hope you like it. There is a spell you may want from there. It has some stiff requirements though. :neomon:

I'm sorry, but you should really let us form parties in the Hole in the floor. 4 tonberries coming at you with attacks like Everyone's Grudge is really unfair to characters with lower HP.

Ooops, sorry about that. I will fix it now.

edit: Fixed. Remember you can adjust your HP with the unlocked stats.

How the hell do you kill the flans? I've got 199 strength when using Beat Rush, they have 100 Defence, and yet, I'm doing 0 damage each time ._.

Guys, don't get us shield users wrong, but we must clearly point out that regardless of the STR of Dual Wielding weapons, you still get two attacks per turn. The shield users get only one attack and every missed attack can stack against us and turn the tide of a fight. In reality, daggers, claws, and gloves should not be as accurate as long range weapons and in fact, they should only give evasion/speed boost since these weapons are lighter than single wield equipment.

So in terms of SPD: Dual Wield > Single Wield

When it comes to STR: Single Wield > Dual Wield (the heavier the weapon, the more damage it is supposed to do upon hit)

When it comes to EVA: Dual Wield > Single Wield

And finally, in DEX: Single Wield > Dual Wield

Warriors get DEX and STR boosts since it fits in their class. Assassins get EVA and SPD because their equipment should be lighter. Besides, in reality Inferno can't fully emulate a class system. You are either physical or magical, that's it.

Dealing over 300 damage at this point in the game is not only bad, but completely ridiculous. The effect? Monsters from now on will most likely get an horrendous amount of HP.

Oh and Koloth, I believe you gave them the Armour of Red Flan, right? :wacky:

Just started on the RPG now. My real world games are gonna be neglected again :ness:

But seriously, kudos to your efforts guys. It's pretty fun so far ^^

I kind of loled that a pet was a very human looking girl. Here's hoping for some pretty boiz :wacky:

EDIT: Oh, is there a way to deactivate battle music? I don't have the proper plugin anyways, but I keep getting a message every time I'm in battle about it :ness:

Does Lantern deal a set amount of damage, or is it based upon the Tonberry GF's MAG stat? :hmmm:

Hobie Do do....

Oh hithar. Nice RPG guys! I'm really enjoying it!

Just wanted to say here, since it's more read, that I'm not running the Resource for a bit. I need to be powerful enough to get the information, so I'm kinda taking a break from it till I'm strong enough to find the information we need.

That's all! Oh, and keep up the amazing work, Damon and Wolfy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back