FF Music Rose of May on the harp!

Branna Laurelin

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
FFXIV
Branna Willow
FFXIV Server
Odin
Hi everyone! I made a harp arrangement of Rose of May/Loss of Me from one of my favourite games, Final Fantasy IX, if anyone would like to listen :3

Wow, incredible job! You just got yourself another subscriber :)

Very clear sound. Love it. :D Great job!

Wooow thats brilliant. How did you learn the harp? It seems like a strange intsument to go out and learn. What inspired you?

Full marks though. Thanks for sharing this :D

Yeah I was just thinking the same as Lew there. The harp is such an obscure instrument these days.

Props though, very well done.

Very clear sound. Love it. Great job!

Thank you very much :)

Wooow thats brilliant. How did you learn the harp? It seems like a strange intsument to go out and learn. What inspired you?

Full marks though. Thanks for sharing this

Yeah I was just thinking the same as Lew there. The harp is such an obscure instrument these days.

Props though, very well done.

Thank you both so much! ^_^ I've always wanted to know how to play the harp ever since I was very young. I can't even remember how I first learned about harps, but I suspect my love for Celtic and Irish music has something to do with it. I've been playing for almost eight years now, and luckily I had a very good teacher. Making video game music covers like this is what I enjoy the most :D

Sorry, seven years. I miscalculated. But yeah, I hope to stick around :) I actually joined this forum back in 2009, but I never posted much. Too many other social media things going on :/

I actually joined this forum back in 2009, but I never posted much. Too many other social media things going on :/

Looks like you posted twice before disappearing :britt: Haha. Don't worry, I was the same. Joined then forgot about it after like a week then came back later. Best thing to do is to chat in the shoutbox on the main forum page, that's where I spend most my time, I rarely actually post unless i'm tagged or see an interesting thread title on the most recent posts.

This is so beautifully played... I love the sound of harps. Rose of May is quite possibly my favorite piece in FF. It's up there with To Zanarkand. Thanks for sharing with us. Love the whole setup as well. :)

This is so beautifully played... I love the sound of harps. Rose of May is quite possibly my favorite piece in FF. It's up there with To Zanarkand. Thanks for sharing with us. Love the whole setup as well. :)
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that :)

Yaaaay~ One of my fave pieces ever! I loved IX - you really brought me back! :sad2:

Keep up the great work! I wonder if you take requests, lol.

Yaaaay~ One of my fave pieces ever! I loved IX - you really brought me back! :sad2:

Keep up the great work! I wonder if you take requests, lol.

Thanks! :D I'm glad you like it! I am always open to suggestions, but I have a long list of songs I want to cover, so it may be a while before I have the time to work on something new. And I also need to really like the piece myself, of course, otherwise I'll not be able to put as much effort into it. Final Fantasy music is, in general, something I love covering, though :)

Back