Question about Seifer ?

Starships

Zero Gravity
Veteran
Gil
Just a small question about Seifer. Does anybody here think that Seifer was a good person or do you think that Seifer truly was a villian ?

He seems to be a little arrogant sometimes, but really he went to Timber to help Rinoa, to help her with her rebel missions to make Timber a independent state. So he can't really be that bad ?

But then his attitude during the Dollet Mission was a bit wild. He basically only cared about the battle and he didn't really care about Squall or Zell's wellbeing, he just really wanted to fight.

Also when Squall is being tortured, he mentions that he's going to hunt the SeeDs down like dogs, and he was happy or rather pleased to see Balamb and Selphie's garden be bombed by missiles.

So just wondering is Seifer a good guy, misunderstood, or no better than Ultimeca ?

Seifer was a good person, his motivation were jaded by a superiority complex and his ideals were manipulated by an evil source, the cynic would say he was a victim of desire, but I say choice is not so ambivalent.

Seifer knew what he was doing and he chose to put his selfish desire ahead of what he knew to be right........villainous trait if Im not mistaken?:hmmm:

Seifer wanted to be a good guy, he wanted to be Knight and to save princesses and be the best SeeD around. But he didn't really achieve that and got led astray. He's not evil, I think he just got so caught up in what he was doing he didn't quite realise some of the terrible things he was trying to do.

I actually liked his character a lot, but I tend to go for characters who start off with the best intentions but end up going a bit off target. They seem more human! Like the lovely Kain :D (although the fact that he's a sexy dragoon probably has something to do with it too... sorry! Getting side-tracked here!)

Lol He has an infatuation with the idea of bein the sorcerer's knight. I Think he knew all along that Edea and Adel were bein possessed, but at the same time he was too much of a dick to differentiate good from evil, he just wanted to live his dream....

I see him like an arrogant young man that wanted to be superior than anyone, to be the best. He knew that Squall is better than him in many ways, but he could never accept that. He is Squall's rival, thinking to best him and be better than him. Later he became Ultimecia's knight. He wished to be the best so bad that he forgot what is good and wrong, he just wanted to be the best. So he was just a lonely soul that wished with arrogance and strenght to be respected.

If you remember, when Raijin and Fujiin had to say goodbye to Seifer because what they are doing were not right anymore, Seifer did not get mad, instead he said the lines "its been fun".. I do understand that in these lines, that he is a real comrade who respects and understands the decisions of his friends. Up till the end, left by Raijin and Fujiin, Seifer was with them, fishing in FH. So I go for "Seifer is actually a good guy...its just that he was the villain thats why

^ Yeah that also confused me too, of what he said to Raijin and Fuijin towards the end of the game. But if you remember when they took us back to the orphanage, he was a dick back then as well. I mean, when it came to rinoa towards the beginning-ish part of the game he really liked her and he did want to help her. But, once he saw the opportunity for power he took it. So my final evaluation...A nice dicky-ish type villain?

I've never really considered him to be evil, but he was definitely led astray - partly due to his arrogance, but largely due to circumstances outside of his control. As far as I see it, Squall could just as readily walked down a similar path if the wrong buttons had been pushed.

Seifer was easily swayed, I suppose would be the best way to put it.

I don't think he necessarily did what he did out of pure evil intention, but that his intentions were good. They were just warped and twisted because of his anger and jealous into something else. And he didn't notice because he was already so lost in it that it wasn't all that hard for him to believe whatever Ultimecia wanted him to.

So I suppose he was a villain because he did bad things, but I don't think he was evil necessarily.

Seifer does show that he is good at times like when trying to help the Rinoa in Timber but he did do a lot of bad things like help the sorceresses but from early on in the game it does show that he can take things too far like the opening battle with Squall he took the training exercise so serious that he injured Squall, when he was on the Dollet mission he disobeyed orders and went to find the enemy so that he could prove how good he was and show that he was the hero of the battle. Seifer was put down a lot by others because of his actions and no one ever took consideration for the skill he had in battle all they saw was a arrogant fighter like what Xu said on the boat when going to the Dollet mission "how many times have you done this Seifer" thats a big insult to a person trying to prove their ability. Seifer joining the enemy because he was able to become a knight and fulfill his dreams could have been the opportunity that Seifer wanted to show his rival Squall and his instructor Quistis that he best fighter ever. I think Seifer was really misguided as he let his arrogance and dreams conquer his judgement of what was right and wrong and he was going to do anything for the power that he wanted so Seifer would have been was easily controlled by the person that was able to give him that power. I really think he is a good person at heart just misguided by his ambitions in life and his arrogance to prove his ability to others

I think amoral would best describe Seifer, as I don't think he particularly cares whether what he is doing is right or wrong. Unquestionably the majority of the stuff he does is wrong, he attacks the garden which is full of kiddies with Galbadian Soldiers.
He also gives Rinoa to Adel so she can junction her.
But i don't think he's motivated by evil intentions or anything like that. He just wants to fulfill his dream to be a sorceress' knight.

Seifer = misguided (plus, played like a puppet later into the game)

Seifer show's his true colours in the closing animation. That seemed to rule him out as a bonafide villain, IMO.

Seifer... Quite a strange folk, isn't he?

Harder to understand than Kain for sure.

He did some horrible and quite disgusting things [ take Rinoa is probably the worst ] but I think he had some sense of honour.

He went "bad" after Edea appeared in front of him, making him very ashamed of his own compex thus taking power over him. I guess he could have a breakdown then. Also I'm quite sure Ultimecia had to have some sort of power over him, making him so strong.

First he just was being a jerk. But I don't think he would harm anybody of his free will. He let's Rajin and Fujin go. He also [ and that's a very important moment ] starts congratulating Squall and the others after they become SeeDs.

In my opinion, he was confused about what he wanted to be. He was dead set on being a sorceress knight, but I think he was still a hero, despite serving a benevolent entity. I didn't think he was too much of a villain, as he didn't do anything on the true level of anarchy. But he was not a good person towards the party, in retrospect, Squall. He did redeem himself at the end, by dropping his sorceress knight "thing" after the fierce talking to he had from Fuujin, but tbh, there was nothing to be redeemed.

I've never really considered him to be evil, but he was definitely led astray - partly due to his arrogance, but largely due to circumstances outside of his control. As far as I see it, Squall could just as readily walked down a similar path if the wrong buttons had been pushed.

It seems like this.
thinking over, Seifer is mainly considered as a ``bad hero`` than an enemy himself, as Adel or Ultimecia are, presented as the evil ones from beginning and completely defeated at the end. Seifer`s figure is somehow justified. by the ay,even Squall could have been leaded to a different end by his particular attitute.

When it boils down to Seifer's actions throughout the story, I think Squall's quote regarding the sorceress assassination mission sums it up quite well: "Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just 2 sides holding different views."

Seifer goes down the path he thinks is right on numerous occasions, whether it be the Dollet mission where he decided to go ahead against orders or breaking out of his punishment at Balamb garden to help Squall and co. at Timber. But things start to get a little hazy after that, when approached by Edea (Whom he may have recognized as Matron, who was at the time controlled by Ultimecia.) he becomes part of a twisted realization of his "romantic dream" (becoming a sorceress knight).

Seifer is fully aware of what he's doing throughout his time here, this is especially evident in the scene where Raijin and Fujin decide that Seifer's going down an unfortunate road they just can't be apart of anymore. Instead of getting angry at them, he acknowledges their concerns but refuses to turn his back on his ideals; showing he isn't being controlled or anything of the sort. My take on the whole matter is that he realizes who Edea was and decides to protect her no matter what it takes. He may or may not have realized she was being controlled but nontheless, he decides to be her 'knight' much as how Squall would have if Rinoa was in the same position.

tl;dr Seifer wasn't an evil person, he was a very prideful individual who was hellbent on doing things his way.

Seifer is that kid that is inside everyone of us. He wanted to be the hero. He wanted to be loved. He didn't want to be just another pawn. He wanted to be recognized as something more and he thought the best way to do that was with his sorceress.

For me Seifer is a really good guy.But greed and discontented made him to change.He wanted to be strong and powerful so he followed Ultimacia. Thats make him bad.

I think he's a good person, but he's like Squall. Squall cares about people, but he doesn't show them and just because he cares doesn't mean he likes them. It's the same with Rinoa: Squall did almost the same thing when Rinoa was in trouble later in the game. He ran in and saved her even though it probably wasn't the best course of action. Love makes both Seifer and Squall blind. At the same time, Squall cares about Zell and all them, but he still rolls his eyes when they speak. He cares about them but most of the time he doesn't like them. I personally think that Seifer was put under a spell. Notice he stopped fighting after Ultimicia was killed? He loved his home, but he was under the sorceress's spell. That's the only thing that could explain why he fights Rinoa even though he loved her. (Which is a little sad, if you think about it. By the time he broke free of the spell, Rinoa had already fallen for Squall. And the question is brought up: did she love Squall because he reminded her of Seifer?) Overall, I think he was a good person but... difficult. Just like Squall.

Back