Question about Seifer ?

I seen Seifer as a very young and arrogant individual that was just confused. I think he had a "good" heart but he just wanted to be surperior to his other peers and in turn that got him into the wrong hands and he turned more evil than he probably expected. All in all, I think orginally Seifer meant no harm to anyone (well not much harm.)

I think the scene in the G-Prison at the start of disc 2 with Squall and Seifer prove to me that he was not a good person. I think a misled but good person would have offered Squall salvation or tried to turn him, as opposed to to taking sadistic pleasure in torturing him. Squall hated Seifer as much as Seifer hated Squall, but if the positions were reversed, I couldn't see Squall enjoying the suffering of anyone else.

Edea/Ultimecia's words to him in Timber summed up his character perfectly. A poor, confused boy who didn't know which path to choose, nor the right answer. Seifer was not evil in the slightest to me, just hopelessly misguided. Luckily he came right in the end.

Back