Nintendo Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

:awesome:

Two starters is awesome. Can't wait to roll out Squirtile and Fennekin in my team of niceness.

Although, I cannot help but wonder about other pokémon: I run my team by a strict "One type per slot" basis. I can't see many people going out to catch the same type of pokémon you start off with.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give love to the starter trio's; it would be nice to have a choice between non-starters to begin with- or at least a different trio of types.

Nevertheless, I do quite like the new mega-forms(I never thought I'd say that in relation to Pokémon), with blastoise's trio of cannons easily being my favourite mega. I'm quite happy with this addition, to be honest.

Lastly, the obligatory cloud addition that the future generation of gaming will incorporate. A grand idea, but I've never completely trusted cloud storage. I only use it for files that I've already backed up. Meh- that's just my opinion.

Now that this game is out, how do people feel about it? :) I'm about eleven hours in and absolutely love it, although I made the mistake of getting Fennekin then Charmander... I didn't realise I'd get to pick a second starter. :lew: And I didn't realise Froakie's final evolution was far more aesthetically pleasing than Fennekin's. Hey ho. =)
How do people feel about the 3D? I wasn't too sure about the graphics until I started to play the game. It looks incredible. I tend to keep 3D switched off, however, as I don't feel it adds anything to the experience. The beautiful graphics are enough. :)
Everything that annoyed me in the previous games has been removed and/or improved too! Such as EXP share. The battles are less clunky too.
P.S. apologies for the lack of paragraphs... I copied and pasted this from Notepad, but it still won't let me organise this post correctly. -_-

I'm loving it so far, though I only have one badge. There are loads of sidequests already, along with loooads of pokemon variety and a much improved opening to the game instead of just "visit the professor and sod off along with your rival". There are plenty of changes, but it still feels familiar. They got that balance right imo.

Really loving X so far. I'm about 6 badges in, been spending time super training my Sylveon which I am in love with aaah, definitely my favorite new pokemon. I love all the eeveelutions though ;_; And I knew I would be, but I am obsessed with buying clothes and accessories. I check the stores everyday for new stuff.

I think my favorite thing is Amie though, I love petting and feeding them, they're so cute. And I really feel closer to them too, they really did this one right. Very pleased uwu Will eventually get Y someday too.

Asuna Yuuki I am 7 badges in, so roughly the same place! Sylveon is absolutely adorable; my favourite Eevee-lution just after Umbreon and Espeon! :) This does mean I have 2-3 Eevee-lutions in my party though... Yveltal is currently in Umbreon's place, but I would really quite like to switch them back! I am hesitating to do so because of Oblivion Wing, which only Yveltal can learn.

I seriously love my X version. Its easily the most addicting game in the series (except for yellow ofc). But reagurdless, im 13 hours in, just got my 3rd badge. and i LOVE wonder trade and how they made the wifi stuff so much cooler than in previous games. Ive even gotten a lvl 1 froakie from wonder trade, its nice knowing people dont just put up shitty common pokes up for it. Some people actually want others to enjoy the game and not be a a-hole and just put up crap. FAITH IN HUMANITY RESTORED!

@Asuna Yuuki I am 7 badges in, so roughly the same place! Sylveon is absolutely adorable; my favourite Eevee-lution just after Umbreon and Espeon! This does mean I have 2-3 Eevee-lutions in my party though... Yveltal is currently in Umbreon's place, but I would really quite like to switch them back! I am hesitating to do so because of Oblivion Wing, which only Yveltal can learn.
Oooh! What level is your team? Charizard is 46-47, Pikachu is 44 and the rest I'm leveling up still haha. I had a level 50 Sylveon but I decided to put it in a box and give it to my boyfriend when he gets his game and 3DS for Christmas. So I'm leveling another from scratch, almost 40 though. Those two are my other favorite eeveelutions too :) I originally wanted an entire team of them, but, then I saw Goomy.... what a cutie that thing is. So now it's on my team as well- but I have a feeling I'll be changing up my team a lot, but Sylveon will never leave. Oh wow I bet it's awesome in battle! I can't wait to get Mewtwo... I also really love Lucario's Mega form uwu

I'm going to try and get a shiny eevee eventually. I would love a shiny Sylveon.

No shinies yet :( I have caught a shiny in every single generation so far and I will not let this game be the exception. Anyone else gotten any?
Also, Wonder Trade is literally the best and worst thing about this game.

Oooh! What level is your team? Charizard is 46-47, Pikachu is 44 and the rest I'm leveling up still haha. I had a level 50 Sylveon but I decided to put it in a box and give it to my boyfriend when he gets his game and 3DS for Christmas. So I'm leveling another from scratch, almost 40 though. Those two are my other favorite eeveelutions too :) I originally wanted an entire team of them, but, then I saw Goomy.... what a cutie that thing is. So now it's on my team as well- but I have a feeling I'll be changing up my team a lot, but Sylveon will never leave. Oh wow I bet it's awesome in battle! I can't wait to get Mewtwo... I also really love Lucario's Mega form uwu

I'm going to try and get a shiny eevee eventually. I would love a shiny Sylveon.

My Charizard is level 67, but I kept him as a Charmander until around level 45 so that he could learn the best moves before evolving. Yveltal is on 55. Raichu is level 64! I recommend evolving Pikachu into Raichu, who is absolutely adorable too! :) I have Auroros, the ice Pokémon from the fossil, who's at level 66, and Espeon is at level 59. Sylveon is only on level 43 though, as I added him to the team pretty late! Lucario and Umbreon are in my PC at the moment, and both around level 55. The new Exp share is a vast improvement!!

Am I the only one using all Kalos pokemon until i beat the e4? (if there is one). Thats what my challenege to myself was when i first got the game. then i will proceed to get my eevee team from black and trasnfer them over. (I won about 25 wifi battles with my Eevee team :)).
But after i beat the E4 im def gonna go back and train all my other favorite pokes which ive caught in the game such as pikachu :D

Gardevoir best poke of all time

Pokémon X and Y: Fastest 3DS Title to Hit 1 Million Sales

The long-standing franchise is still topping sales charts.

The host of changes to the long-running franchise have paid off: the newest Pokémon title, X and Y, sold 1 million units faster than any other 3DS game in the U.S., according to a Nintendo infographic.

The infographic below shows that X and Y sold 1 million units in one day –– the runners up, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, accomplished the same feat in 4 and 6 weeks, respectively. X and Y is the ninth Pokémon title to sell at least 1 million units in its first month.

X and Y also resulted in a 135 percent sales increase for platforms in the 3DS family –– which includes the namesake system and the Nintendo 2DS –– and is also the fastest-selling title in Nintendo eShop history.

A Pokémon art director recently said he wants to return to simpler times, whether that be through the actual art or the mechanics of Nintendo's next addition to the series. These sales numbers might suggest otherwise.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/pokemon-x-and-y-fastest-3ds-title-to-hit-1-million-sales

Where do I start? Pokemon X and Y are just SO GOOD. The storyline was rather lacking compared to Black and White and even black and white two though. I know they will make the story much more understandable in the third game. Lysandre was crazy. He was pretty much an equivalent of Hitler. He wanted to commit mass genocide after all....

Pokemon x and y are just so enjoyable! I never enjoyed a pokemon game this much since pokemon Sapphire. Seriously, these are just THAT good. The graphics were a nice upgrade. I love all the pokemon models and some are stunning in 3D. Some of the new sixth gen pokemon are ridiculously cool and some are just bad (Binacle anyone?)

Mega evolutions are potential OP threats. Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gengar are just wayyyyyy overpowered. This is my only complaint with the online system. Megas who are deemed broken should not be allowed in competitive play. I play ranked matches a lot and it is really intense! Pokemon x and y just have so many pokemon available in game that it makes you rethink strategies for your team. I prefer a team of all new pokemon, but X and Y don't force you to stick with them. With 450+ pokemon available in game, this is just amazing.

My only complaints about X and y is that the story felt a bit easy. The elite four were also rather easy. Perhaps that exp all thing made everything easy. That is not where the game shines though, Pokemon x and y shine for their online battles and easy communication with the internet. I easily put in so many hours into this game and am not bored. Pokemon bank coming will only make the game better because for a measly 5 bucks a year you can store all your pokemon from previous games and witness them in 3D.

There barely even is a post-game. My only complaints so far…

I have clocked in over 500 hours of play time already for Pokémon X, I kid you not. Anyone that adds me can view my in-game profile and see the Play Time I have for the game, which currently I think is right around 509 hours. xP

Absolutely amazing, so addictive and fun, Pokémon-Amie is adorable. ^_^ Um, please don't disrespect me for asking this, but do any of you know how to, or know someone that clones Pokémon? I need resources to have means to trade for Pokémon I have never gotten, everyone always wants one legendary or another... DX

I wonder if Nintendo will ever get their act together and release Pokemon Bank outside of Japan. Whilst I stopped playing X a couple of months ago, I'd quite like to transfer my favourites over from Black...

Yeah, I want my Darkrai, Arceus, and others. >.< Those two aren't even up for trade on GTS from Japanese X and Y games. >_>' Ever. Same goes for several others, like Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Genesect, Meloetta, Manaphy (and that other one you can breed from it) and Keldeo...

I like Pokemon X and Y simply because it's a Pokemon game. That said, this game is WAY too easy--even for a Pokemon game. It'd also be nice if I could make it 15 minutes without having my journey interrupted by the group of useless losers who follow you the entire way (Tierno, etc.) just to leak sappy lines of friendship and encouragement. The story is a joke as well. I miss the old days when the main story objective was becoming Champion of the Pokemon League. That accomplishment has been turned to a side note in the face of Team Flare and they're quest to...uh...keep things beautiful? Or something like that.

Great new Pokemon though. In my opinion, despite the rapidly increasing number of Pokemon, their designs remain strong (mostly). It's also a treat getting to see the Pokemon in 3D.

Instead of making a new thread i thought i'd ask here.

What did you all think of ORAS?

I like the fact that you were able to catch more legendaries post game, there wasn't much in X/Y. Being able to share secret bases is neat too, i do miss trainer customization though.

Back