Nintendo Pokemon Sword And Pokemon Shield

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Pokemon Sword And Shield Revealed For Nintendo Switch

During a special Nintendo Direct for Pokemon Day, Nintendo has finally revealed its upcoming Pokemon games for Nintendo Switch, which seem to represent Generation 8. Named Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, the games will be released in "late 2019." You can see the game in action in the trailer above.

The games are set in a new region named Galar, which looks to be similar in appearance to Britain. The three starter creatures were shown off inNintendo's Pokemon Direct presentation; they are a grass monkey named Grookey, a fire bunny named Scorbunny, and a sad water lizard, Sobble. Gameplay was shown in the Direct but was not detailed extensively, though it seems like this will bring back random encounters, among other things.

No Caption Provided

Sword and Shield are directed by Shigeru Ohmori, who previously directed Sun and Moon and has worked on the series since 2002's Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Following Sword and Shield's trailer, which you can watch below, The Pokemon Company teased it was working on more in the Pokemon franchise besides these new titles. No more details were confirmed.

The Pokemon Company first announced it was working on new Pokemon games at E3 2017. Since then, the publisher said little else about the upcoming titles--only that they are "core RPG Pokemon titles" and that they would launch in the latter half of 2019.

The "core RPG" description is in contrast to the most recent Pokemon games, Let's Go, Pikachu and Let's Go, Eevee, which were released forNintendo Switch in November 2018 as remakes of sorts of Pokemon Yellow. They incorporated some elements of the mobile phenomenon Pokemon Goin an attempt to ease newer players into the mainline series.
February 27 is Pokemon Day, The Pokemon Company's yearly celebration of its huge pocket monster franchise. Pokemon Go is holding a special event, with generation one creatures spawning more frequently along with shiny versions of Pidgey and Rattata.

Filed under:Pokemon Sword / ShieldNintendo Switch

It looks interesting. Still I'm undecided on if I'll buy it day one or not. If I do it'll likely be Shield but that depends on my interest in the game and what Pokemon are exclusive to what version.

Pokemon: Game of Thrones according to the logos.

The game looks really nice. If I had a Nintendo Switch then I would be all over this.

I haven't played a Pokemon game in so long due to a lack of Nintendo consoles and I am in the mood for it.

I might have to watch someone.

These new Pokemon games are looking very interesting, nice to get them on the Switch

I'm wondering how will look the legendaries, how many there will be and how many total will we be able to catch

A new Pokemon Sword / Shield Trailer Reveals New Gen 8 Pokemon And Gigantamaxing Mechanic

The Pokemon Company has shared a new trailer for the upcoming Pokemon Sword and Shield. The video gives us a glimpse at another handful of new Gen 8 Pokemon you'll discover in the Galar region, as well as a couple of new characters you'll encounter and a special type of Dynamaxing known as Gigantamaxing.

Whereas standard Dynamaxing increases a Pokemon's size, Gigantamaxing also alters their physical appearance. A Gigantamaxed Drednaw, for instance, will stand upright on its hind legs, and the armor of a Gigantamaxed Corviknight will separate and fly around like bladed birds. While nearly every Pokemon is capable of Dynamaxing, it appears only certain species are able to Gigantax, and according to The Pokemon Company, "even among such species, only rare specimens will be able to Gigantamax." You can capture Gigantamax Pokemon in Max Raid Battles.

3557489-2091197748-pokem.png

3557490-3465076421-pokem.png

3557491-4241349283-pokem.png

The trailer also introduced four new species of Pokemon. First is Alcremie, a Fairy-type that resembles whipped cream. It's one of the few Pokemon capable of Gigantamaxing, and when it undergoes the transformation, it resembles a towering cake. Next is Yamper, an Electric-type puppy Pokemon with a new Ability called Ball Fetch; if you throw a Poke Ball at a wild Pokemon but fail to capture it, Yamper will fetch the first one you threw (provided it isn't already holding an item). We also got a look at the Rock-type coal Pokemon, Rolycoly, as well as the Steel/Dragon-type Duraludon. You can see artwork of all four new Pokemon below.

3557497-2113656121-pokem.png

3557498-5930967365-pokem.png

3557499-3396946364-pokem.png

3557500-5391352661-pokem.png

Finally, the trailer introduced a handful of new characters, including two new Gym Leaders. First is Bea, a Fighting-type expert exclusive to Pokemon Sword. Pokemon Shield players, on the other hand, will battle the creepy Allister, a Ghost-type Gym Leader. The trailer also gave us a quick look at the chairman of the Galar Pokemon League, Rose, and his secretary Oleana. You can watch the full trailer above.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-sword-shield-trailer-reveals-new-gen-8-pok/1100-6468258/

Pokémon Sword & Shield Trailer Reveals Galar Forms and New Rivals

A new Pokemon Sword and Shield trailer reveals the games' enemy team, two new rivals, Galarian forms of old Pokémon and a few entirely new Pokémon. The short trailer was teased this Monday as one of Pokémon Sword and Shield's "Galar Research Updates." Pokémon Sword and Shield have been surrounded by controversy for some time now, as it was revealed at E3 2019 that the games would not include the National Dex, which means not all Pokémon will be playable in the game. This has caused a significant amount of uproar in the Pokémon community. Pokemon Sword and Shield's producer issued a statement about the controversy, but only to tell fans that the missing Pokémon could appear in future games, indirectly confirming that developer GameFreak would not be changing its decision.

The trailer revealed the long-rumored Galarian Forms (a successor to Pokemon Sun and Moon's Alolan Forms) which bring alternative forms of existing Pokémon only found in the Galar region. The first Galar variant shown off was Galarian Weezing, which turns the toxic gas-spewing Pokémon gray, adds gaseous green facial hair to both its faces, and adds a huge, top hat-like smokestack to each of its heads. Weezing's Galarian form also gives it the Fairy type in addition to its usual Poison type. Next, the trailer showed Galarian Zigzagoon and Linoone, which turn the ferret-like Pokémon into Normal/Dark-types, badger-looking 'mons. Galarian Linoone received a brand new evolution, transforming into the intimidating Obstagoon.

Finally, the trailer revealed Morpeko, which appears to be this generation's Pikachu clone. Morpeko has an Electric-type form ("Full Belly Mode") that changes into a Dark-type form ("Hangry Mode") when it uses the move Aura Wheel.

The Pokemon website revealed an additional new feature called Poké Jobs, which allow you to send your unused Pokémon out to help Galar's inhabitants in exchange for experience.

https://screenrant.com/pokemon-sword-shield-galar-form-team-yell/

I still can't really decide whether I like this game or not. Most features seem to be super fun and nice, and I really like all the new pokemons I've seen from it. But these raids and the whole Dynamax system is pretty strange to me (I may be too focused on single player experience?). Oh, and the legendaries as well... I liked the appearance of all legendaries until now, but these two are pretty strange, and for me? Not in a good way. Shield legendary is okay-ish, but the Sword one looks like a simple dog with a sword in its mouth. Like what the hell?XD
I will give it a chance for sure, but only later, not around release.

A walking (and semi-talking) cake.

I need it in my life! I honestly do not care for much else, just let me beat my competitors with a giant puffy cake!
But are people going to be investing in both versions (yes, that happened in my experience)? Or are you going to pick only one? I myself am leaning towards Shield because it fits my aesthetic and - like the wonderful person stated above - Sword looks a bit lacking behind in the looks department.

also, am I the only one who's both excited about Gyms and a bit sad that there are so few confirmed leaders? (if my memory serves me right, there used to be a bit more of them?)

Cakes. Corgies. Strawberries and cream. A lump of coal. A badger. A sentient inhaler.

Yeah... These Pokemon really have done Britain good.

I haven’t been this curious about a new Pokemon game since the Silver and Gold generation.

Pokemon Sword And Shield Trailer Reveals New Attack, Abilities, Items, And More

Sword and Shield producer, Junichi Masuda, told the attending crowd that the 2020 championship would use Sword and Shield. To drum up even more interest in the upcoming title and next year's competition, a new trailer revealed some new Pokemon attacks and abilities, as well as some of the new held items trainers can use in battle.

Galarian Weezing's mystery ability has been revealed as Neutralizing Gas, which has the power to nullify all other abilities on the field, including your teammates. The trailer shows Gastrodon's Storm Drain and Rotom's Levitate abilities being negated as examples. Elsewhere, Corviknight's new ability is called Mirror Armor. This allows the flying Pokemon to reflect any stat lowering effects back at their opponent.

The trailer shows a brand new attack called Breaking Swipe, which can hit two Pokemon at once, and lowering their attack. It's not yet known what type of attack this is, but the trailer shows Flygon using it. The trailer also shows Duraludon using what looks like Draco Meteor to dismiss Kommo-o.

The trailer also reveals two new held items. The first of which is Room Service, which lowers the speed of the Pokemon holding it during Trick Room. The other is Jet Pack, a useful item that switches out a Pokemon if its stats are lowered.

Lastly, some interesting new information was revealed about Dynamax Pokemon. These gigantic Pokemon can shrug off moves that would otherwise cause flinching, allowing them to attack freely. Their Max Moves, meanwhile, have powerful secondary effects. The electric-type Max Move creates Electric Terrain on the field, the fighting-type effect increases the attack of every Pokemon on your side, the ice-type one cause Hail to fall--damaging Pokemon not of the ice type--and the flying-type Max Move removes walls and other traps.

Here is the new trailer of Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. Enjoy!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-sword-and-shield-trailer-reveals-new-attac/1100-6469143/

Okay, so the giant meteor fist looks cool (Sephiroth, take notes here!), but I still think that walking talking cake is the best thing to ever exist in the franchise!

I feel like we should be talking more about this hilarious monstrosity that people are calling a bong.

3568136-7315214664-pokem.png

I feel like we should be talking more about this hilarious monstrosity that people are calling a bong.

3568136-7315214664-pokem.png

:D

I mean, I get what they're doing. They want to represent Britain and considered the best way to go about that would be a regional variant of Koffing/Weezing dressed as a Victorian-era factory proprietor (but cleverly designed in a way which suggests that the top hats are chimney stacks). I particularly love the smog facial hair! That's a lovely touch.

It is absolutely ridiculous, but this level of crazy is enough to get me interested. I don't own a Switch though, sadly.

The Pokemon Company has revealed the identity of Pokemon Sword and Shield's mysterious new Pokemon. A trailer was released today, which revolves entirely around a new regional evolution of Farfetch'd called Sirfetch'd. Sirfetch'd appears to be based on a knight, and it is exclusive to Pokemon Sword. Here are some images of this mysteries pokemon.

Sirfetch_d_Art_02.jpg

Sirfetch_d_Art_01.png

The Pokemon Company shared a few more details about Sirfetch'd in a press release. It appears that Farfetch'd from the Galar region are able to evolve into the Pokemon "after experiencing many battles." As we previously learned, Sirfetch'd is a pure Fighting-type and has the Steadfast Ability, which increases its speed after flinching. It is also able to learn an exclusive new move called Meteor Assault, which unleashes a powerful attack with its lance but leaves it unable to move the following turn.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sword-and-shields-mysterious-new-pokemon-is-a-farf/1100-6469935/

I have to say, I like the designs I've been seeing more than the last few gens, even if I ultimately think that the series isn't aging into 3D well enough for me to seriously want Sword and Shield.

What I really want is a Pokémon sRPG, where you have to choose where to deploy six Pokémon at once on dynamic 3D battlefields. Or at bare minimum, make triple battles more common. This bias the series still has to single combatants, as well as the Wizardry-style text readouts, is just so aaaaachingly clunky in 2019.

I love Sirfetch'd more than I should!

I think this is probably a fair place to share this excellent tweet of perfect fanart for this that I encountered earlier.

For sure this new generation of Pokemon is looking to be quite a strong cast. I love that they've gone a bit quirky for them and I think it really suits the British sense of humour for the allegedly British-themed region.

I think this is probably a fair place to share this excellent tweet of perfect fanart for this that I encountered earlier.

XDD

I'm really looking forward to Sword & Shield but I feel like a lot of people are on the fence about it. I wasn't sold at first either, and really sat on the fence too, but the more I see the more I'm intrigued. I really had a hard time enjoying the series since Black 2/White 2 came out. I used to know all the Pokemon but I've really fallen behind over the years. I know a lot of people always complain about the designs of Pokemon getting more weird/lazy/ridiculous over the years but I feel like this round isn't too terribly bad. Even as ridiculous as Weezing looks I heckin' need him in my party. Maybe I just find the British-theme really charming!

So far though I think I'm going with Shield.

Galarian Ponyta Confirmed to be Exclusive to Pokémon Shield

Pokemon-Sword-Shield-Galarian-Ponyta-1.jpg

Pokémon Shield (and not Pokémon Sword) just got a whole lot more whimsical, thanks to the exclusive addition of Galarian Ponyta as an obtainable monster. While that Pokémon Sword and Shield broadcast left many with a few brief glimpses of the creature, The Pokémon Company has now officially confirmed that it is Galarian Ponyta. This revelation doesn't come as a surprise given that many correctly speculated on its true identity. What is more surprising, however, is the fact that Galarian Ponyta is exclusively found in Pokémon Shield.

https://screenrant.com/galarian-ponyta-exclusive-pokemon-shield/

Whaaaat! It's a My Little Ponyta with cotton candy hair! :inlove:

I'm officially choosing Shield. It's already reserved. :D

Back