Photoshop Noobishness V.2

Aye, oh and my bad... I forgot to add sig version 1.4

Sorrow-14.jpg

Definitely that version. Man I wish I can steal this sig. xD Great job, Julius!

Too Bright try focusing your light a bit more because it really distracts, Text a bit plain and I can't see it actually very much >.>
But heck your signature the first one is total awesomeness, Do you mind sharing the render? >.> I just think it's a bit cool

Last edited:
Hell, tags look slightly different on my desktop, now I see what you mean.

About the render, sure, I just have to get it from my laptop and I'll send it to you in a PM as soon as possible, or via MSN.

This tag is one of your better ones. The effects all "point," or direct your eye to the focal point (the stock), and the text is nice and simple, yet easy to see. The text is nicely placed and doesn't force your eye to stray from the stock/focal point. The colors, however, are monotonous (being under a completely yellowish-orange pallet). Perhaps, if the stock had more color in it, you should allow the unique color to come through, and add some matching color to the background a little. Have you ever tried using selective coloring? If you haven't, then you should take a gander at this tutorial.
The text is... annoying. You have that effect on the right pointing in a vertical direction, while the text is horizontal and all glowy and distracting.. The effects and Lighting don't "flow" too well. You have effects leading your eye, and then other ones that detract.

Last one: I kinda agree with Atif and Claymore, it's kinda crowded with effects perhaps if you made it simpler it would be better, also I don't like the text very much in this one >.>

Hmm, I guess I'm the only one who likes the busy effects in the background for your L signature. The background looks kinda real and the texture is kick-ass. xD I like both simple and busy sigs all the same, but I do agree with the text situation. I can't really pinpoint why I don't like it as much...I don't know if it's the text font or the glow surrounding it...but it's something. One thing I'll also mention though...is the lighting on L's hand. I think it kinda ruins the signature and could've been better without it, or at least not so blinding. Other than that, it's also one of the best signatures I've seen you do so far.

People are so hard to please T_T....

Anyway, here's a two ones. The first was my first entry ever for SOTW...and I kinda screwed the sig :shame:
SSB-SOTW1.png

Here's another one...I did it last night because I couldn't sleep....

LOYALTY.jpg

Lol oh believe me, that same thought came to mind more times than I can remember. =]

I like that last tag of yours. It has that glossy effect behind the subject and the color theme is quite unique. Kinda has that light red/peachy color mixed with yellow, which I like. Text in the background's kinda hard to read, but I'm guessing it's just there for style and not meant to be really read. I guess it works - kinda has that epic feeling to it.

Indeed, the background text is just there to add a decorative effect. Here are the quotes I used, and I can't believe I remembered most of it without replaying the game:

"I am Judge Magister, even in disgrace. My just reward for aiding the Empire that destroyed my homeland..."

"Silence! All was stripped from me! Only hatred for the brother, who fled our homeland, remains MINE."

"Tell me; why must we forsake that which we must hold most precious?"

"Have you your fill of this?"

"I have no right to be called by that name..."

"Yes, I will defend Lord Larsa..."

"Even a stray has pride..."

Oh, and in the meantime...

Check out this new version. I tried to fix it :P
SSB-SOTW2.jpg

Last edited:
Your latest tags are pretty nice, and the second version of the first tag is much better. I voted for it in the SOTW.

Thanks Mitsuki, although I am still not sure to enter SOTW, my job isn't that good to give it a shot yet. I still need more practice.

Don't be afraid to enter, even when you think you did a bad job. I always enter nowadays even though I always get practically destroyed in the competitions (which makes me really mad since I am so insecure XD). But if you keep trying, who knows, maybe you'll win. That's the kind of mentality I have developed.

People are so hard to please T_T....

Lol oh believe me, that same thought came to mind more times than I can remember. =]

You guys are talking about me, aren't you? :gasp:

Your latest tags are pretty nice, and the second version of the first tag is much better. I voted for it in the SOTW.

Don't be afraid to enter, even when you think you did a bad job. I always enter nowadays even though I always get practically destroyed in the competitions (which makes me really mad since I am so insecure XD). But if you keep trying, who knows, maybe you'll win. That's the kind of mentality I have developed.

You guys are talking about me, aren't you? :gasp:

Lol nah I was just saying in general. But I figured it's to be expected since everyone has a different style and preference anyway, despite how much of a good or bad job you think you did in a signature.

Anyway Julius, your second version of Link is much, much better.

Second version is better if this was the entry then I would have voted for it but the one in SOTW didn't need the lighting.
I also participate in SOTW, obviously I get destroyed and I really don't like to lose T_T

Ok, I have made these and I want your opinion. I will also make a Dr House sig, but I still need time.

JUDGE-MAGISTER-AVATAR.jpg

Dr-House.jpg

I really like my first "human" stock attempt. I kinda wanted to try something more than just armoured warriors, anime, and all that.

First one it's kinda plain. Try sponge tool to give it a good color.
Second one: It's the best between them I just don't like the text.
Third one: I kinda like it and I think you've done a pretty job with it but I don't like the H sign.

New Avatar and Signature set. I went back to Full Metal Alchemist again :)

Alric.jpg

A--N2.jpg

A--N.jpg

A--N3.jpg

I went to make these without C4Ds to try something different, so what I did this time was use a lot of brushes, smudging, lightnings, and different color combinations.

Last edited:
<3 the avatar! :wink:

Definitely version 3 though, having more colours in it makes it generally flow better and makes the whole sig look calm (if that makes any sense :wacky:). I love the render/stock as well, it looks amazing!

Great work!!! :D

Back