Phoebe's Art Shennanigans

ElvenAngel

I forget stuff because I had to make room in my he
Gil
Yeah, so I kinda do art. I also do commissions, if anyone's interested (please don't shoot me if I'm not allowed to say this) and my rates are on my DA account.

Now, I won't bother posting my old stuff here at the moment; you are welcome to check them out in my DA gallery. I'll only post newer things here and only safe stuff... because I draw lots of unsafe stuff too. I'm a bad, bad person, I know.

A lot of these are OCs from my personal stories, most of which are WiP. Some of it are fanart but that's for another day.

As I post, in the title of each image I'll also include a link to the same picture on DeviantArt, for reference sake, so you can see a bigger version of each image, and see what I had to say for each image. Do enjoy.

2011 Stuff

Concept Design: Ammon
ammonfullgbody.png

Suit Yourself
suityourself.png

White-Crested Drake
whitecresteddrake.png

White Pine Bonsai
whitepinebonsai.png

Cherry Tree Bonsai
cherrytreelet.png

An Imperfect Division
animperfectdivision.png

2010 Stuff

Azada
azada.png

Glitterback Wyrm
glitterbackdragon.png

Siblings
siblings.png

Persuasion
persuadinguncooperative.png

I Walk Alone 2.0
axelwalkinrain.png

That's all for now, friends. I'll post more as I keep working. I'm on quite a roll these days.
Concept-Design-Ammon-208360504

Thank you!

0.0 I wouldn't mind drawing RP chars--just be warned, I'm really fussy about being given good references for appearance and etc... I can't function otherwise. Also, I work moderately slowly...but well. Hit me, when you wanna. (No, not that way! XD)

Oh and that's an OC of mine from my DMC fanfiction series. Her name is Tess, she's a witch and a friend of Dante's (call her his girlfriend at your own peril). He's carrying her off because he wants company on a job and she didn't wanna go. So Dante's just...shrug and picks her up. I envisioned this kinda exchange:

Dante: Come one, let's go Twig! (he calls her this because she used to be really skinny when he first knew her)
Tess: I'm not coming. I don't want to.
Dante: *Picks her up anyway* Aw come on, it'll be fun!
Tess: *facepalm* *patient sigh*

She puts up with a lot of that in the stories. DM finds their relationship insanely hilarious--I can't understand why XD

Lol cool and sure when i ask ill be sure to be very detailed when i ask you for one =o

And Cool I like her design and the relationship they have XD would like to see some of those stories too in the future =o!

again Your a great artist wish i could draw as good as you do

8(

Oh my goodness, they're gorgeous - especially the cherry tree, Glitterback and the Persuasion piece. I love the facial expressions in the latter and you've pulled off Dante's grin really well. The mix of colours on the Glitterback Wyrm is absolutely gorgeous and very well complimented by the attention to detail of the scales. The lighting and shadows are done really well and I adore your style. :gasp:

I'd love to try this out incidentally, though I've never had terrific luck with this sort of thing. It is a great way to draw up concept art for RP characters and your Ammon piece really speaks for itself. Gorgeous work Phoebe, you've got yourself a fan! :lew:

^_^ Thank you guys. I'll be happy to try and draw something for you. :3 My stories can be found on FF.net, linked on my sig, please help yourself to the madness.

Hee, thanks Fleur! Dante's not an easy subject to get right, he's a pesky one. XD

And yay for me, the Glitterback has not blinded anyone yet. They're nasty little dragons, they get annoyed so easily and blind people with their crazy coloring.

o.o drawing is all about practice, if I say so myself, and I think you can never have enough of it. Luck plays a part too...you have to hit the right synergies of the stars and the planets for your art mojo to be in good form. And art mojos are so insanely fickle...always decide to go in hibernation when you're in the middle of something.

Hey while I'm at it, I may as well post the actual character model of Tess.

revamptessp.png

EDIT: Yay me, more art.

Gold-Flanked Dragon
goldflankeddragon.png

Last edited:
Lelouch Thanks :3

Howl - Nope, as much as I love Yuri, that's actually an original character of mine. His name is Ryan Gaven. I've posted some art of him and his bizarre power in the earlier page ;D

<3 Ooh, evil, bloodthirsty female character, looks like the sort of character I would roleplay. xD

As ever, awesome work Phoebe, I love how menacing - and probably completely insane as heck - she looks and the blood effects are spot on, as is the attention to detail when it comes to tone. Keep it up! :ryan:

:nana:

Olivia, you have totally made my day. :8F:

The idea and character are mine, but all the work went to Feebs here! THANK YOU FEEBS! :woot: I LOVE THIS PICTAR! The attention to detail is incredible and I'm stupidly happy with the result. Feebs, how did you ever manage to include such tiny details like the necklace? :wacky: It boggles my mind.

I don't know how you managed it, but you captured Raz perfectly -- bloodthirsty and dangerous, EXACTLY how I pictured her! :8F: The camouflage looks amazing there's no other word. Drawing that ballistic vest couldn't have been easy but you made it look splendiferous. :jess: And I have no idea how you made her look so menacing but you did and I am in awe.

In case anyone was wondering, Raz is a perfectly normal human (just very tall) but has an unusual mutation that displaced the melanin from her irises to the sclera -- the white of the eye -- so she has black sclera and red irises.

*gets off soap box*

Everyone, if you ever want a good and decently priced commission, ask Feebs, here. Her artistic talent will never leave you wanting more and she's the most willing artist I've ever met that will make changes and refinements to original pieces! :woot:

=D You've both made my day, ladies <3

:D I draw menacing, slightly mad characters on a regular basis, so I've kind of made a science of sorts out of it, heeheeheehee :D Raz just fit the bill...if only the upper layers of it, since I have a couple of characters that are truly terrible creations...and they live in my head. :gasp:

*giggles* Caitlin, I cannot describe how entertaining and lovable I find your squee-out about this commission. XD I could seriously give you a massive snugglehug because you're so darn cute X3

I suppose the main reason this turned out so well is because I had loads of fun drawing Raz and it's sort of an unspoken law of Phoebe nature, that the more fun I have with a pic, the better it turns out. :wacky:

These are great! The "suit yourself" one is very sexy. I also like the cherry bonsai and the wyrm. You have a nice use of color. Like what Olivia said, love the facial expressions. You got a talent! ^_^

ElvenAngel said:
*giggles* Caitlin, I cannot describe how entertaining and lovable I find your squee-out about this commission. XD I could seriously give you a massive snugglehug because you're so darn cute X3

:yay: Snugglehugs!

It is my pleasure to squee uncontrollably. :griin: I do it quite well, I might add.

You have great talent! I thought I might have been following you already on DeviantArt when I saw this and this (Thought I recognized your work), but I just checked. I wasn't...but I am now! :D

The Glitterback Wyrm is awesome looking (love all forms of dragons and lizards lol), especially how you colored him and drew the scales!

How you color your work is awesome too! Great work, ElvenAngel! :D

It is my pleasure to squee uncontrollably. :griin: I do it quite well, I might add.

XD Yes, yes you do~ I might have to do some more art that'll elicit this behavior just because it amuses me so :yay:

:3 aw, thanks marlena! Yes, sexy boys seems to be one of my specialties... :P Although I'm pretty sure Fil and certain other boys will attest to the fact that I also draw sexy women. What can I say, I love drawing sexy people :wacky:

I thought I might have been following you already on DeviantArt when I saw this and this (Thought I recognized your work), but I just checked. I wasn't...but I am now! :D

D'aw thanks, Terra! ^_^ I do like being stalked on DA :woot: :wacky:

8D Insert a massive squeefest here. Lookie what @Red Fox made for me!!!!

http://alchemistfox.deviantart.com/art/The-Devastator-252686715

ZOMG he's awesome. This is seriously how the sword looks in my mind when I describe the scene in the novel where my character Axel first comes upon this bad boy.

So go give this a fave and give Fox a big snugglehug!!!

EDIT: Now with flavor text!

When his back hit the wall, for a frightful, long second Axel was terrified that his spine could’ve broken like a twig. But when the pain struck, blunt like the head of a hammer, he felt relieved even as it brought tears to his eyes. He could move, fight even. But his sword had shattered into pieces; whether it was from his powers or from the demon’s blow alone, he wasn’t certain. But he knew for sure that he needed some kind of weapon. He could try all he liked to fight with just his magic, but it wouldn’t work. This demon was far too powerful for mere magic—even his Dark magic—to do any real damage. He forced himself to his feet again, as the infernal beast came for him again. He had to think fast. His gaze darted around, nearly hopelessly, in search of a weapon—anything he could grab and try to prolong this fight as much as he could, perhaps giving Cassie and the shrine’s guardian time to make an escape.
The demon closed in slowly, grunting as if it was laughing in his face about his desperate situation; laughing at him for failing.
He staggered back, against the wall, gritting his teeth warily as he never took his eyes off the hellish creature. His hands slid over the cracked and rough surface of the ancient masonry behind him.
I just can’t kick the bucket like this...
When he felt it, he thought his senses were fooling him. But the Dragon was not playing tricks; he really had felt that surge of magic. A seal maybe, his fingers felt the faintly grooved surface of the wall, where the carving was barely surviving the flows of time. He took his chances and glanced over. Through the dust, the shadows and the flowing mist, he thought he saw seals, but they were so faint that he was sure he was seeing things. But in his desperate situation, he didn’t care about seals, wards or even spectral chains—he saw a sword, the blade glistening in the faint light and he grabbed it.
The hilt felt solid, bound in leather and heavy in his hand. It barely had room for a two-handed grip, feeling like a half-hand sword, just the way he liked them. The blade came off the wall easily and he believed the magic he’d felt weren’t seals, just mere protection. He felt a kind of surge as he held the strange blade in a stance, some kind of power growing in the blade but when he gripped it more firmly, all he knew was that his line of sight was full of that charging demon and he was fighting for his life.
He swung the sword, thinking this was it, his last hurrah before the end, when the distinct sound of flesh being rend apart made him snap into focus. The demon squealed like a stuck boar, reeling back with one limb less. The severed forepaw hit the ground with an ugly splat and started rotting in the blink of an eye. Axel glanced at the sword quickly.
Nothing; not even a scratch. The sword had cut through the demon’s hide, flesh and bone, like butter.
“I think this is what you call a game changer...” he said gravely, a small, hopeful and yet grim smile creeping up his face.
He should’ve been counting his blessings but he dared. He charged the sword with Dark magic, letting the power flow up the blade. It sparked with that sickening, furious power of Dark magic but Axel couldn’t see any of the signs of fault that he saw in other swords. No trembling, no reverberation and no cracks.
The sword was fine. He was piling on the Dark magic and the sword was fine.
The demon charged again and this time Axel swung wide, with both hands, and the sound of cutting flesh and sizzling meat joined the beast’s screeches. He’d cut a clean line across the demon’s chest, cauterized and blistering, as easily as he would’ve cut a mortal creature.
Axel smiled wider. “This fight has suddenly gotten a little fairer.”

Last edited:
Back