Major RPG Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, like before, Phoenix is always the first pet available. And Phoenix won't be the only pet available either. Currently, the RPG is in need for areas/items rather than actual storyline business.

Yeah, I play the RPG for the gameplay, never really got into the story anyways, so that's good.

And Phoenix has never been the first summon available in any FF game, it doesn't make sense...

But it is still great though, a lot of the spells, although great, cost a great deal of MP, and using potions on the pet seems wasteful...

I meant the forum RPG, not FF. Why not have a variety of original creations and unoriginal? I can see Earthquake is too costly in terms of MP. I'll change that now.

Last edited:
Thanks. :P And I understand there is the pet I am wanting lurking in one of these many new areas.

I am going to continue to strengthen then go through the Ruby Plains as soon as possible.

I wonder if the enemies there give good exp, I know they are tough as heck from what I can hear, too tough. So I think you should be able to get some nice level ups from them if you're strong enough just to be able to even take a few of them down, if that hasn't been made the case already. >.>

I have been thinking about this for a while. How about a reward for everyone who reached 1000 wins? and extremely valuable item worth all the 1000 wins? we Warriors have the Kitimer Heavy Armour for reaching 400 Victories, what do you think?

It could be In Olympus coliseum a NPC (Hades? :P). It could be something like Armour of Champions, Armour of Hero, Hero Blade etc...

I also had the idea for a quest which could work, its similar to FFVI, you talked with an NPC and he would ask you for hunting the 7 Dragons, they then would be spread all over the world, what do you think? also a Reward for defeating them of course :P

I have been thinking about this for a while. How about a reward for everyone who reached 1000 wins? and extremely valuable item worth all the 1000 wins? we Warriors have the Kitimer Heavy Armour for reaching 400 Victories, what do you think?

It could be In Olympus coliseum a NPC (Hades? :P). It could be something like Armour of Champions, Armour of Hero, Hero Blade etc...

I also had the idea for a quest which could work, its similar to FFVI, you talked with an NPC and he would ask you for hunting the 7 Dragons, they then would be spread all over the world, what do you think? also a Reward for defeating them of course :P
Ruka has 2 grand ideas it would draw people to the Inferno.
Also make a new set of splits. Class items that new class members can get has a few problems.

Oh and maybe a Soul Caliber type area where you can face one out of the many people from it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was also thinking of something like that: To make it even more rewarding, the percentage of battles won could be the variable, for example, 95% win will net you the weapon. For the quest(s) I will add, they would be hunting and gathering ones anyway.

That could work as well, altought not too high, as they take a lot of battles to increase 1%.

About the Cura spell? is there anything that can be done? It olny heals the caster no matter what and it can't be cast on dead players :P

Also... why is Mr.Boo shield good for as we can't equip it? :wacky:

why the bleeding hell can't pets learn any decent spells, granted Watera and Earthquake are both quite good, but the fact of the matter is for the pet to be able to do any decent damage it will need Comet or zantetsuken, now i haven't gathered the gil to check the latter in case he can't learn it, but what is the point in having a pet if it has no good spells in which to do damage with

Can't learn any good spells? I was hoping I could have my pet learn Ghostly Aura... :/

Some things certainly need work, but it is good to at least have a Pet, yet they could be better, other than a few special spells, they are worse than players...

Because their stats aren't really any higher to start off with (I know Phoenix starts with 200 MP not just 100, but that isn't much, it just couldn't cast some of it's spells otherwise, that's all), they can't learn the best spells, and can't equip anything for Strength, Defense, or modifiers...

But yeah, I'm liking what I am reading here though, I like Ruka's ideas, I could go for hunting down 7 dragons, surely the reward for it would be great, since it would be so much trouble (but fun). :D

I officially defeated everything that you created/edited... again. :D
I have defeated the Earth Titan in instant kill, but without that I ahd taken 10000HP only using my character to attack and my Pet to heal me. And two bats.

All the other bosses were defeated as well. :P

Meanwhile i can help the others and train my Pet.

why the bleeding hell can't pets learn any decent spells, granted Watera and Earthquake are both quite good, but the fact of the matter is for the pet to be able to do any decent damage it will need Comet or zantetsuken, now i haven't gathered the gil to check the latter in case he can't learn it, but what is the point in having a pet if it has no good spells in which to do damage with
Earthquake deals more damage than Zantetsuken, and Comet. Players are supposed to be stronger than Pets anyway. You say pets in plural yet only one Pet is available, and its likely to be the weakest. You still haven't bought Tornado yet, even though its the strongest spell available. I could also add that every spell that has been added by the other RPG Directors is Character only. Phoenix starts with better stats than Players do...

Edit: New areas have been released...although, the Tomb will be added tomorrow.

Last edited:
Awesome, and I can't wait to see the Tomb and what lies in there.
Now onto the traveling again :D

Err... I don't see anything yet, but that might take a while. And keep up the good work.

EDIT - I can see Rocky Roads 2 :monster:

Last edited:
Pets should be assigned their own special spells according their character. I created some pets for the earlier game, which have some powerful spells.

But two of you guys have already passed the level where the test to get the pets might be too easy. I would have to make the area tougher. To be more of a challenge.

Great work Gab.

Koloth don't make it too tough the Assassins are already impaired as it is.

Thats one of the reason I switched to a mage as the assassins don't have good enough stuff to get through.

Some major gear improvements needs to be done to assassins.

Oh WOOT 400 POSTS

Pets should be assigned their own special spells according their character. I created some pets for the earlier game, which have some powerful spells.

But two of you guys have already passed the level where the test to get the pets might be too easy. I would have to make the area tougher. To be more of a challenge.

Great work Gab.
Actually it was 4, I helped two other guys getting them, but i won't be able to help anyone as my level continues to increase.

I already defeated every opponent on the RPG, and I can do it as long as I have the required level and a way to deal damage.

I wouldn't mind seeing the game harder and more tough enemies, but we are totally weak compared to the enemies, I mean how can I cross Rocky Roads by facing four Ninetails? they are always spamming Earthquake and surviving more than one turn is chaotic. I would need +300MAG Def, Shell is our best friend, but it misses quite sometime and that "miss" can cost us the match.

Not to mention I am the only person who crossed Ruby Plains alone (with Pet only) I have been helping the others crossing since as facing them alone is almost suicide. I know Gabranth weaken the Chocobos and some monsters as well, but also in the earlier RPG you had Tonberry (according to D'lain it dealed HUGE damage for turns)

If there was anything that could help us greatly... Otherwise we need to team-up and help each other crossing like we did against team bosses. :P

Keep it up Gabranth

Last edited:
Koloth don't make it too tough the Assassins are already impaired as it is.

Thats one of the reason I switched to a mage as the assassins don't have good enough stuff to get through.

Some major gear improvements needs to be done to assassins.

Oh WOOT 400 POSTS

Well assassins are underdeveloped but think about it in real life it is hard to be an assassin so why should it be any easier in a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back