Major RPG Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can gather, Alphonse, you want a lot of the spells to get seriously nerfed... :/

the -ra spells are weak in this RPG already, I would like to see bigger numbers overall, stats going up to 500 would be cool, but I guess 300 is fine though, higher stats all around that way, so I guess it's best, for balance's sake.

But yeah, I would like for Mage/Sage's to be able to get the -aga spells, but of course, they wouldn't be cheap, but the three elements should be different enough to be getting each one of them.

How about a stronger healing spell eventually, that would be like the following?:

Sacrifice.

Description: The caster sacrifices HP to restore an ally's HP by double.

Max Level: 16 (too high?).

Arcane Skill Requirement: 100.

MP Cost: 100 (-2 per level up).

Spell Miss Chance: 20% (-1% per level up).

Effects: HP -200 (Caster. -20 per level up), HP +400 (Targeted Combatent. +40 per level up).

What do you think? Too high of max level? Too low MP cost? Just mention any problems with the spell. :P

Just to save others of having to do the math of the numbers for the spell when it is mastered, I shall post it below.

MP Cost: 70.
Spell Miss Chance: 5%
HP -500 (Caster), HP +1000 (Targeted Combatent).

And yes, I realize this could also be used to restore one's own HP, but only by half the amount, so if someone is willing to make that "Sacrifice", they can feel free to do so. ;)

Nah, I think you misread my post... -75 HP and -3 stat is for the regular spells. The -ra spells are good the way they are.
Stronger healing spell... how about Curaja? That's pretty good, with max HP restoral being about 2000.
How about renaming Zantetsuken into Scathe? The arcane levels needed for the spell Tornado (which can be renamed Aeroga) as well as the Gil cost is astronomical.

I thought sacrificing one's own HP to restore an ally's by a greater amount was an interesting idea...I got it from playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. :P

But Alphonse, Tornado can be purchased very early in the game, so to counteract that, it needs high Arcane and a large price. There's nothing wrong with Zantetsuken....Scathe can be added later if it bothers you though.
Curaga exists already; it heals a large amount of HP. I'll add the -ga spells shortly, as well as Ultima and Holy.

But what is the point of adding those spells in this RPG Gabranth, it is going to be reset soon, isn't it? >.>

If it wasn't going to be reset soon, I would've been playing it more these last several days. >_<

Well, it going to be reset soon. Might as well give members some powerful spells just to use.

Okay, so give the players real powerful spells, since it won't be long anyways, then it will be a new start, and players could forget about getting spells of such power for quite a while. :P

Wow, Ultima FTW! and all those awesome spells.
Now I really feel like Kuja =D

Btw, thanks for adding a new Avatar Limit.

Feeling like adding some hyper bosses so we can all meet our doom? =D

Seeing as how I put into some threads how the beginning should be converted into FFIII, how about having some spells available at the beginning, not just Flame? (And take Flame out!) According to my FFIII game, Fire, Blizzard, Sleep, and Cure are all available at Kazus, which I'd like to become the new Larai Village. (Sleep can take a little off of SPD and EVA in case you're wondering.)

didn't explain where to get them from

Actually, that is a good question, I checked everywhere, and can't find them...where are they? Or are they yet to have been made available for purchase yet?

I have around 250 Arcane, so I should be able to learn the spells, and I have about 1.5 million Gil in the Archades Bank. :lol:

Edit: make that less than half a million now. XD I just noticed the spells (other than Holy) were just added to Summoner's City. :D Got a bunch of awesome spells now, I myself still need quite a bit more Arcane to learn Curaga though... >.>

Last edited:
Maybe this thread should be archived, and a new one should be created after the new RPG is released.

Agreed, since the next "major RPG update" is going to be to announce that the new RPG is open for players to enter. :lol:

I'm looking forward to that day btw. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back