M rated Final Fantasy and would you want one?

Imagine that, a sex scene in Final Fantasy! Tidus and Yuna kissing was racy enough!
I feel most FFs are for mature audiences, and only the absence of blood and explicit violence keeps their ratings down. That said, it's the reason they never included any blood in the infamous Aerith scene. I couldn't imagine a FF with blood in the battles, or excessive swearing. I'm quite fine with it the way it is.

There was blood in FFVII but just on the walls and floors of the Shinra building on one level. I forget which floor.
With what people are getting away with now in ratings I wouldn't be surprised within the next century where T rated games contain M rated content.

M rated.. YRP.. Sexuality.. Yes..

Everyone, petitions, now!
YRP was sexuality... retarding. Considering the game was made by the Japanese, it could of been a whole lot worse. :wacky:

Imagine that, a sex scene in Final Fantasy! Tidus and Yuna kissing was racy enough!
I feel most FFs are for mature audiences, and only the absence of blood and explicit violence keeps their ratings down. That said, it's the reason they never included any blood in the infamous Aerith scene. I couldn't imagine a FF with blood in the battles, or excessive swearing. I'm quite fine with it the way it is.
Its a fantasy series. Too much blood and sex would make it too real. I'm quite a graphic person but the lack of blood in a fantasy setting still totally works for me.

There was blood in FFVII but just on the walls and floors of the Shinra building on one level. I forget which floor.
With what people are getting away with now in ratings I wouldn't be surprised within the next century where T rated games contain M rated content.
From the Science Department on Floor 67 upto the Presidents Office on Floor 70. I think this was a good inclusion despite what I just said above. It makes that part of the game more real and intends to make you fear what caused it. It wouldn't had worked so well if there was more like it throughout the game though.

An M Rated Final Fantasy would not only have to mature in content but in plot as well. The previous games dealt with some really heavy themes such as identity, racism and power. I would like an M rated but only if its something heavy and philsopical.

I wouldn't be against it, but I profess I don't really see the point. Would it really add anything worthwhile to the story, the gameplay, etc? I don't think it would, because you can handle mature themes like politics, war, the cycle of violence, etc, without pushing that adult rating.

It depends on WHY it's rated M.

Occasional swearing and blood (not extreme gore, just blood) would fit great to a heavy storyline (which seems to fit FFXV).

Honestly I wouldn't want a sex scene in Final Fantasy. Maybe it's just my naturally repressed nature (...) but it really doesn't appeal to me. You are saving the world, no time for that!

I wouldn't see the problem in it being rated M

Shit, I'm mature :wacky:

swearing and blood would be GREAT. :8F:

I mean, how else would it fall into that rating?

I highly doubt Final Fantasy would turn into nudes an' what not

but,

What do I know?:ohoho:

More vulgar language and detailed violence gore?

Badabang. Badaboom :pooley:

Make it realistic. :mokken:

Though it is fantasy :hmmm:

For those that want to see the FF characters nude...this is the web! I am sure you can find it :elmo:

Also I think of how old I was when I played FF games and thinking if FFIV was mature if I would play it.... I think keeping it T for teen is the best way to go. That way some of the more strict countries wont ban it for too much blood and gore, and at the same time, a whole new younger generation can enjoy the FF games without begging mommy and daddy to buy it.

I actually felt awkward watching the kiss scene, mainly because it felt forced. :confused: But things like that wouldn't be enough to give it an M rating. A sex scene I can see happening only through a very long cutscene followed by a implicit dark screen. The gore part exhibited in FFVII has a good case to be expanded on, something with appendages being cut off and trails of blood leaking if a character is hurt, but not so much that it looks like Bleach.

And I'm all for blood and gore.:neomon: Maybe a horror ghost FF like The Spirits Within?

Back