| Let There Be Rock | A Rock Music Club | V.2

Hmm considering the stuff put up here so far I think that adding vids of Parkway Drive and Periphery maaay be shooting it up a bit too far down the metal path.

Heck, I'm doing it.

Excellent solo, melodies, vocals and sound production. Periphery is definitely ace in quality and delivery. They are indiscriminate when it comes to musical influences and they don't have that stock narrow "Metalhead" mind set that seems to gimp the genre with generic, uninspired garbage.

Dudes, this place is titled Let There be Rock. That means ALL kinds of rock. As listed on the front page. Anything rock is allowed. That means, classic rock, grunge, punk, indie, METAL, and any other rock you can think of. If you love metal most, post metal. If you love classic rock most(moi) then post that.

As long as you post rock, you're welcomed here. :ryan:

Now, it's 2 for 2sday so I'm gonna post some of my fav songs.

The Black Keys-Ten Cent Pistol

The Black Keys - I'll Be Your Man
I've fallen completely head over heels in love with this band. It's a two man band and it's epicness is just outrageous.

They sound just like a classic 60s or 70s band would and it's insane to think they're from our time. They're lyrics are classic rock lyrics. The way they play their instruments and record their albums is just... jawdropping to me.

They sound so classic every time I listen to them my dad always says "who is that?" with an amazed look on his face. I can't put into words how much I love them.

I highly suggest listening to them.

Here you go, peeps. Some high quality Megadeath action in here.

MY GOD YOU ROCK SULTAN!!!

My two shall be a little bit of light jazz XD Parkway Drive. First up, Deliver Me.

And for dessert I'll go wiiith...hmmm Sleepwalker.

Ok, I lied, it's not jazz, so sue me :P

CheVelle for 2 for 2sday!

This is a pretty old song, pretty basement sounding as well. But this song's guitar rift and solo is just so drool worthy. I love Peter's singing and vocals in this song too. It's so unique and unlike how he usually sings. The lyrics are amazing too.

This song is one of their first videos wayyyy back in the day. This is by far one of their best songs ever written and created. The lyrics are just... amazingly well written and deep. The loud drumming and guitaring really proves how powerful this song is. His vocals on this track is just so awesome and yes, sexy. I can literally listen to this song on repeat. Listening to him sing his beautiful lyrics while being accompanied by a great drum beat and guitar rhythm. The solo in this song is by far one of my favorite guitar solos ever. And I've heard a lot of solos.

It's not overdone, it's got style, rhythm and simplicity.

ady for alt wednesday, here's Alkaline Trio and Breaking Benjamin. I guess that's what you mean by alternative...cos really it's a very broad term.

Alkaline Trio - Time To Waste (from the album Crimson)

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold (from the album We Are Not Alone)

I always miss Guitarist Thursday :sad3: I've been dying to post some of my newest love.

Two words... Ray. Toro. :sad3:

2 for tuesday again.

Sybreed - Lucifer Effect. Well, what can I say. What a song. I love it. Probably not everyone's cup fo tea though.

And another by Sybreed. This one is Permafrost. Love the intro on this one, such a build up.

Enjoy.

Prog rock at its best. The changes are seamless and the atmosphere is just beautiful. The composition is excellent, that goes without saying. You look at how the genre evolved today, yet still there's no comparison to songs like this one.

Some more progressive muzak. This band featured legendary Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande, who has a most raw and rock'sh voice around. The man's energy translates well into this song and the music is just killer.

Alternative Wednesday!!

Oasis. Such a great band. And these are some of my favs

It's just a really bittersweet song.

My all time fav song of theirs. It's just so fast and powerful! It's a song I'd love to speed down a road to in a nice muscle car. :-)ryan:)

Not so much an Alt band, but this song specifically from Post-Hardcore Band, Black Veil brides is exceptionally great.

Oh, and I got a genre that I absolutely love, and that should be on that second post, Cali. :D

Post-Hardcore

The following bands are among mah fav of the genre:

• Black Veil Brides
  • Chiodos
  • A Day to Remember
  • Escape the Fate
  • In Fear and Faith
  • Scary Kids Scaring Kids
  • Silverstein
  • A Skylit Drive

Kaki King - Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers

Humorous and interesting title aside, Kaki King is a relatively new skilled guitarist.
As in, she just recently hit the mainstream a few years ago. I love her work, it's so emotive, each song puts me into a different realm of feeling, of emotion. Not one of my favorite, favorite works by her, but it's a song I thoroughly enjoy listening to every now and then nonetheless. Might I mention how I love the fact that she doesn't clip her nails in order to pluck at her guitar strings. She's also a lesbian so much respect for her for that as well. :wacky:

A two parter put together. A total of 41+ minutes of awesome prog metal. Dream Theater get a lot of shit, dismissing their music as instrumental gymnastics. That's a load of crap. Just give this a listen and get lost in the music. So beautiful.

Hey, I was thinking:

Since some of us might have social group access, what do you guys think about making this into a social group? That way we can talk about favorites in general sections, instead of it sometimes getting lost in the mess here.

Hey, I was thinking:

Since some of us might have social group access, what do you guys think about making this into a social group? That way we can talk about favorites in general sections, instead of it sometimes getting lost in the mess here.
I created it a while ago xD

I did not know this. Maybe I missed the info on the first page, or I just didn't look in the right spot? :hmmm:

Back