☆☆☆This is a Rock Music Fan Club!☆☆☆

clouded-sun_tori1.png
slayerizedcarol_4fv6rk.png
slayerizedcarol_jhg001.png
th_konfiserie_JepPu.png
slayerizedcarol_2lnfnns.png
sakuraswirls_35j9nv6.png
effectiveadvice_lj_mcr17-1.png

(all icons by sakuraswirls at livejournal.com)

Welcome to the Rock / Metal / Indie / Punk / and Alternative music FC.

If you've missed the point of the thread;
THIS IS A ROCK / METAL / INDIE / PUNK / BLUES / & ALTERNATIVE MUSIC FC!

You know a place for real good music.

The older thread was inactive and died out(sadly) so I created a new one! You can find the past version here.

☆☆ Rock 'N' RULES ☆☆
☆ 1. If you do not not like Rock music, this club will serve no interests to you.
☆ 2. You can discuss any type of music that falls under any one of the Rock music categories. (Hard rock / Alternative / Punk / Indie / Metal / Grunge / or anything else that sounds good.)
☆ 3. Remember these three things; Party. Rock hard. And Party even more hard.

☆☆☆ Let There Be Rock ☆☆☆
Events and what not us Rockers and Headbangers have going on here.

A WEEK OF ROCK:
{Calendar Info for some days of the week:}
Sunday: Classic Sunday, post songs that are of Classic rock (Led, ACDC, Pearl, etc, etc) Any band before 1995 is eligible.
Monday: Heavy Metal Monday, Post your favorite heavy metal bands.
Tuesday: One Band Two Song Tuesday, post two back to back songs of your favorite band.
Wednesday: Alternative Wednesday, post your favorite alternative bands.
Thursday: Guitarist Thursday, Post an awesome guitar solo or a self written song by the said guitarist (Example: Jimi Hendrix)
Friday: Before & Now Friday, Post a past song than a recent song of your favorite band.
Saturday: Free for All Saturday, where you post any band you want, all damn day.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

☆Owner
Cali

Last edited:
40c6f304342d046e3c3a86f02b75a707.gif

A few bands we suggest!

CLASSIC ROCK:
Bad Company, Aerosmith, Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, Rolling Stones, ACDC, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jefferson Airplane, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Deep Purple, R.E.M., Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Tool, Eric Clapton / Cream, Rush, Journey, Van Halen, The Kinks, Blue Öyster Cult, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Frank Zappa, The Smashing Pumpkins, Jimi Hendrix, Derek & the Dominos

HARD ROCK:
The Black Keys, Avenged Sevenfold, Jane's Addiction, CheVelle, Foo Fighters, Oasis, A Perfect Circle, Wolfmother, Seasons After, SpiderBait, Rise Against, Thousand Foot Krutch, Killswitch Engage, The White Stripes, The Used, Evans Blue, Nickelback, AudioSlave, Jet, Shinedown, Stone Temple Pilots, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Flyleaf, Linkin Park, RED, Skillet, Evanescence,

ALTERNATIVE:
Jane's Addiction, Radiohead, 30 Seconds To Mars, The Cure, Yeah Yeah Yeahs!, Passion Pit, Matt & Kim, Manchester Orchestra, The Starting Line, Gossip, Metric, Keane, The White Stripes, The Used, Stone Temple Pilots, Fuel, Bush, Garbage, Panic! at the Disco

PUNK:
The Kinks, Blink 182, The Clash,

METAL:
Avenged Sevenfold, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Dream Theater, Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, Metallica, Godsmack, Deep Purple, The Used

INDIE:
The Killers, Kings Of Leon,

SOFT ROCK:
Coldplay

GLAM ROCK:
The Killers, KISS, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot

If you have any bands to suggest, say their name, what style of rock they are and I'll post it here for others to find.

Last edited:
Nice! My pick for today is Kings of Leon's "notion"

It's such a good rock song. It's definitely one of my favorite songs of theirs. And it's definitely a favorite song just in general. I love the sweet melody of his voice, and the guitar and drums are just too perfect. :ryan:

Welcome to the house of rock. :ryan: What are some of your fav bands? Also, Old Metallica is definitely a win, for sure.

u need peoples?

sign me up 4 the club.

"Rock & Roll ain't noise pollution, Rock & Roll will never die!" AC/DC~Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution off the album Back In Black

Welcome to the house of rock. :ryan: What are some of your fav bands? Also, Old Metallica is definitely a win, for sure.

Well, most of my favorite bands lay in the Post-Hardcore genre, such as Alesana, Silverstein, and A Skylit Drive; but lately I've been taking a liking to some Post-Grunge bands, mainly Foo Fighters and Creed. I grew up on them, and every now and then, you have to go back to your roots. :ryan:.

Always and forever, Metallica will be my favorite Heavy Metal band. End of story. :andry:

Welcome new members! Today is Classic Sunday so feel free to post any classic rock songs before 1995. :ryan:

My pick comes from Bad Company... and it's their song.... "Bad Company" :wacky:
I used to enjoy a few Bad Co. songs back in the day, but it wasn't until my little 13 year old brother started to listen to them that I really started to love 'em. Now I can't get over his gorgeous voice <333

This song, I know people will probably say is overrated. But it's just so epic no one can deny it's greatness. The lyrics are amazing, and his vocalizing is just stunning. Definitely one of my favorite songs of all time.

Holy shit, I'm not the only one that's heard of Manowar? :gasp:

You learn something new every day. :andry:

But in all seriousness, I love them. Eric Adams has a scream that is unlike no other. :ryan:
You got a favorite song by them?

Also, Tuesday means two songs from the same band. :jess:

My choice is A Skylit Drive

Simply put - they're awesome. :ryan:

Good to see this back! - Just putting this.. I'll add more later.

Alrighty Two for Tuesday let's see here . . .
Got a little modernity with Search the City here:

I have a definite feel-good kinda love for the first song. :neomon:

I'm happy everyone's so active! Hell yeah! 2sday! Okay, I'm gonna go with some epic The Black Keys. I recently discovered them and I've seem to have fallen under their spell. They're kinda blues rock but they have a very classic rock feel to them. My dad even said they reminded him of Black Sabbath. So I really enjoy them.

Patrick's drumming in this song is insanely epic. And it sorta has a John Bonham sound to it, right? Well, I think so. xD

And in this song... well, it's just epic. :britt:

Joey do you know how to post videos? :hmmm:

I'll pick this Aerosmith song "Remember(walking in the sand)"

This song is really amazing. I love how Steven Tyler sings in this track. It's really unique. The way the song starts off with a really blue-sy kinda feel then just stops and the guitar opens up to Tyler saying "oh, no no no" and then we hear the cool snapping chorus as his singing gets faster is just so epic. This song definitely gets stuck in my head ALL day.

Plus, Joe Perry's guitaring is really powerful in this track. :ryan:

Back