Latest FF Purchase Thread

lrsteel36.JPG

Snagged this of eBays for a very good price :)

Expect to see this thread packing next month :coffee:

ff7r-1.JPG

ff7r-2.JPG

Well, it's here! I'm still playing through the Resident Evil 3 Remake, but intend to start playing tomorrow! Not sure, how I feel about it still but I'm hoping it will be a blast!

Finally! (Yes Finally!) Got my Final Fantasy VII Vinyl Set:
ff7vinylset.jpg

Had to eventually cancel my order from online, despite saying that had the item in stock, their shipment had not arrived and after frequent delays I said enough is enough and ordered from Amazon - Whom I did order from at first anyways but they said they wouldn't ship until May the 7th, they said so again, but I received it the day after i ordered it!

ff7psmag.JPG

Another interesting little item I have is a 44-Page booklet covering the REMAKE from the UK Official PlayStation Magazine. Still waiting for mine to arrive but I've seen this go for silly prices online, if anyone is interested they can order for £5.99 on this Magazine Store (I've had good experience with them before:

Last edited:
Buying Final Fantasy VII the original game, on my Xbox One was my latest purchase. I went through a streak where I re-beat FFX, FFXII, and FFIX when they all were released finally for Xbox. So next up is FVII, then FVIII remaster which I purchased too.

Cool, I've still been keeping an eye out for FFXII on Xbox One for a decent price - Importing can be a real pain in the beehive! I couldn't get into the PS4 version of the Original FFVII due to the Aspect Ratio - I seen PC modders released a newer verion of their installer for PC Mods but I still had no luck with it :P

Yes! I've finally received something I have been after since late 2019!:
ff8magdemo.JPG

This I have been hunting for since later 2019! It's a Special release of the UK Official PlayStation Magazine which was release in the hype of Final Fantasy VIII's release! It has a review and decent articles on the series as a whole.

Yes! I've finally received something I have been after since late 2019!:
View attachment 9453
This I have been hunting for since later 2019! It's a Special release of the UK Official PlayStation Magazine which was release in the hype of Final Fantasy VIII's release! It has a review and decent articles on the series as a whole.

Excellent! I'm glad you finally got a copy.
Any interesting info in the magazine?

At first I thought I used to have that one, but I don't and never have had that demo. I must have owned a normal PlayStation magazine with a similar FFVIII image on the cover but with the regular mixed content inside and only one article on FFVIII.

A fun thing about that Dollet demo though (which I think you already know but I'll put it here for other people too)... In the demo you have Rinoa in your party instead of Selphie and nobody has their SeeD cadet uniforms on. They actually forgot to edit what the Black Widow spider robot sees in the cutscene as he scans the party at the beach. In the finished game you can see Rinoa instead of Selphie, and nobody has their cadet uniforms for a few frames.

rinoa-instead-of-selphie-png.8535

So that demo remains fairly important!

If this is even the same demo.

Last edited:
I didn't know about that until you mentioned it before, pretty neat :)

I'll try take a few photos this weekend, I still haven't had time to properly sit down with it yets.

I did however get something else FF related today:
ffxvbook.JPG

Still not thrilled with the outcome of this content being a book but at least it's not hidden in some Japanese Ultimainia we never seem to get our mits on!

Flicking through, the print looks very nice, it's certainly something I could sit down and read, but I haven't played the game since launch, so in order to do so I'd have to replay the whole game and DLC content we got before truly embracing it.

I'll have a few FF goodies coming this month, for now I got the last Xbox One release I need:
1600114446285.png

Not my faovurite FF game as I've said but didn't want to miss out on the chance of having a physical copy - weirdly I noticed when I sign into Amazon UK it's £50+ But when on Amazon. Com and use the UK Address it was £35... Which is more than I wanted it for but considering it is an import and the best version of said game I'm all in!

Got a few more goodies today!:
sepff.JPG

The World of FF CE - Got to be one of the most fun CE's I've seen. It has a Pop-up book, Artbook, Chibi figures and Soundtrack - Great game also, really recommend it to fellow FF forumers.

Also been on the hunt for this OPMUK-25 Edition, I was hoping it would have a Review of FFVII but it it under the preview section. Still a decide read-up on the game of the time.

I also lucked out on the Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition on Xbox One, I only got the Standard Edition at launch so this was a treat :)

It's RECORD DAY!!!
FFVINYL2.JPG

Lots of fun stuff! I had an original Pressing of the FF8 Vinyl Set but was a little to precious with it to open - now I have the Re-issue I can open them and finally enjoy it!

Never thought I'd ever even get the FF7 or FF13 record. So this is a real treat.

I also got another NieR set (A Double LP for bot NieR & Automata!), I just wanted another for the future in-case mine is ever damaged. But I also regard NieR's OST as one of the best ever made (&FF8 to be fair :P).

Not sure I mentioned it before but I finally tracked down the Distant Worlds IV Vinyl!
FFDISNT4VINYL.JPG

This was no easy task! The only way to order them directly is through the official Distant Worlds Store on Amazon! I was checking regularly throughout 2020 as they don't even announce it and I missed it! I pleaded with the store via Amazons messaging service and eventually they re-stocked! I was delighted as this is actually my favourite Album of the bunch! Also, I've never had a clear Vinyl before so a real treat!

... ... I also caved in and bought Final Fantasy XII's PS4 CE.... Not proud of it :P
1614759350150.png

Been a while! but I haven't had the need for anything FF related (Though the recently announced Final Fantasy X Vinyl will changed that - Actually, I already pre-ordered it :P)

julygames2021.JPG

I recently got the Final Fantasy VII Intergrade for a very decent deal! I don't know if I'll be jumping into it straight away, as I kind of want to do that in prep for Remake Part 2 - Just as long as I'm not still saying that buy late 2023 :P

I have seen they've recently released the 4K versions of Advent Children & XV's Kingsglaive, I'm still on a 1080P setup but this is certainly something I will consider once I take the leap into 4K.

FF7CCBUN.JPG

Saw this Crisis Core bundle and couldn't pass it up! I'm not sure where the Art Print comes from, can't find out much info on it but its on nice soft card.

My Final Fantasy X Vinyl SET HAS ARRIVED!
FFXBINYLOUT.JPG

FFXVINYLIN.JPG

Really pleased with it! As I have already posted I am keen to put forward to S-E a plea for them to not forget Final Fantasy IX's LP Set, I made a concept video demonstrating that below:

FF7RU-1.JPG

It's arrived!!!💍

Huge 300+ hardback bueaty from S-E Books! So excited to finally see an Ultimania guide translated! Here's hoping they will take the time to go back and translate some of the older FFU guides (Hey, one can dream 🐣)

Cracking book though, covers CGI Art, Character Drawn Art, Scenery, Enemies, storyboards msuic details and more! Highly recommended!

Here are a few snaps:
FF7RU-2.JPG

FF7RU-3.JPG

FF7RU-4.JPG

View attachment 11735

It's arrived!!!💍

Huge 300+ hardback bueaty from S-E Books! So excited to finally see an Ultimania guide translated! Here's hoping they will take the time to go back and translate some of the older FFU guides (Hey, one can dream 🐣)

Cracking book though, covers CGI Art, Character Drawn Art, Scenery, Enemies, storyboards msuic details and more! Highly recommended!

Here are a few snaps:
View attachment 11736
View attachment 11737
View attachment 11738

I forgot I preordered it, but mine arrived at a similar time to your copy too!
I'd photograph it but then a) I'm lazy tonight and it is late, and b) it would pretty much end up just being a photograph of my hand holding up exactly the same book as you, which would be a bit redundant!

I haven't had a chance to look through it in full yet, but it looks wonderful. I can see a lot of details that will be very useful to me going forward. I really do wish they could officially translate the various Ultimanias (anniversaries, Omega, etc).

So that and Endwalker are my two most recent FF purchases.

Reactions: Six
Back