Last game you finished?

I finished The Chronicles of Chroisen 2 with one of the Templar class, the "Soul Slayer". Now I will try to be it again with another class since my Templar is only Lv 80.

I honestly can't even remember...The Last of Us? Hahah.

I rented Dying Light from GameFly, never finished it. Still haven't finished Witcher 3. I've finished play throughs of games that I'd played before, but the last time I finished a game that was new to me...

Let's just say that it's overdue.

Just recently finished playing Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae and on the whole, I pretty much enjoyed it. I would have liked for there to be a few more side quests added and I was a bit miffed that I couldn't talk to the people wandering around the Chocobo Ranch. It would have also been nice to be able to defeat Deadeye without the need of a summon. Considering that exploring the battle system was integral to the demo, it seemed a bit of a let down.

Otherwise, I liked the seamless way you were able to explore the area. I thought the characters were fine enough in consideration to the restrictions of a demo, and although I found some of the battle system mechanics awkward, I thought it was interesting and showed promise.

Just recently finished playing Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae and on the whole, I pretty much enjoyed it. I would have liked for there to be a few more side quests added and I was a bit miffed that I couldn't talk to the people wandering around the Chocobo Ranch. It would have also been nice to be able to defeat Deadeye without the need of a summon. Considering that exploring the battle system was integral to the demo, it seemed a bit of a let down.

Otherwise, I liked the seamless way you were able to explore the area. I thought the characters were fine enough in consideration to the restrictions of a demo, and although I found some of the battle system mechanics awkward, I thought it was interesting and showed promise.

I have beaten Deadeye without Ramuh but it takes absolute ages to do it even at a high level. I do not think it was really a letdown because we went through all that effort in that damn dark cave to get Ramuh as the wow factor that ends the demo. Square Enix did this on purpose for the demo and it is no way indicative of what happens in the final game so do not worry, Gal. Your enjoyment of the demo must have been less than my enjoyment, considering you could have glitched out of the map pre Duscae 2.0. You can eavesdrop on conversations in the ranch and there is one where a couple has an argument about vegetables and the man ends up being slapped by his girlfriend.

I literally just got done playing Lollipop Chainsaw and I absolutely enjoyed it! The theme was awesome. Being a cheerleader, wielding a chainsaw, carrying around your boyfriends head, and killing zombies? It doesn't get any better than that! The music played right along into the game too. I loved slaying zombies with metal playing. Or 'Hey Mickey!' playing lmao :lew:

Bloodborne: Old Hunters DLC earlier this year. I already had the platinum trophy for the base game which is probably my favorite current gaming achievement. Both games are highly recommended if you like epic boss fights and creepy ass environments.

last game I completed was Star ocean 5, was alright, hated the seamless cutscenes.

Currently addicted to Overwatch tho,, your looking at the most yolo D.Va around haha

Skyrim, actually. It's quite literally my absolute favorite game, but aside from BSW, it would have to be Soul Reaver.
Just can't escape ghost vampires, man.

This is actually a struggle. I wanna say... Destiny 2 maybe?

I guess it's kinda a pseudo-MMO that never really ends but nonetheless I beat the 'main' story. Such a disappointment, haha. It's like Bungie just doesn't care. AT ALL. Felt like a step back from the first game in almost every way. And that game was kinda awful too. Still makes no sense to me that they'd leave Microsoft and Halo, to make... a crappier version of Halo and join Activision. Dat money must be amazing because goodness. Even the community interaction has changed for the worst.

ahem

3/10. Would not recommend even if it was a freebie.

I guess technically, the last game I beat was Mortal Kombat XL for PS4. I didn't spend time getting trophies or anything. I just did the story mode and did a few towers to unlock stuff. Grinding to get trophies was just too tedious, so I just ended there.

Just before that was Assassin's Creed 3 (yes, I'm a few years behind). That game I did do 100%. The game was excellent as far as story and gameplay went. And to see how the assassin's kayfabe altered the course of American history is a nice touch. It was a lot of fun and I totally recommend it.

Just before that was Assassin's Creed 3 (yes, I'm a few years behind). That game I did do 100%. The game was excellent as far as story and gameplay went. And to see how the assassin's kayfabe altered the course of American history is a nice touch. It was a lot of fun and I totally recommend it.

You madman.

Also, what a coincidence! I just finished up Ass Creed 3 a few days ago too, though it was more a proper replay after having not touched it in like five years now. I still enjoyed my time with the game, but I'm not as fond of it as you given how unpolished it still feels, how aggravating and obtuse a lot of the optional objectives are and the general game design.

Other Assassin's Creed games wisely keep the R1 and X system in place as a means to free-run. That extra X button means I can choose to snap out of free-run mode and just let my character naturally jog without inexplicably feeling the need to stick to and climb everything he sees. But this game removed that extra button and streamlined it so that Haytham and Connor are always free-running. This bugged the shit out of me, especially when thrust into those fidgety tailing or chase sequences, because my character in his infinite wisdom would decide to scale up the nearest obstacles as opposed to just avoid them entirely. Then there are the horses, which are an exercise in frustration, because if my steed does so much as come across a tiny bit of uneven surface, it comes to a crashing halt and sticks to the spot, turning round as fluidly and elegantly as a wooden barge on treacle. That's always a lot of fun when I'm tailing someone on a horse.

The actual main story assassination missions are nothing special. I would have preferred it if the game just told you to look for X (use Eagle Vision if you must) and then kill them, but Ass Creed 3 is too content to dress it all up in a semi-scripted way that I generally have no actual choice in how I approach each mission. The only replay value is to try and fulfill the more annoying, arbitrary optional objectives as opposed to replaying each mission to see what alternative opportunities could be found. The Thomas Hickey assassination for example just literally involves pressing a button to avoid getting hanged and then run forward and press the square button to stab him before George Washington gets a bayonet to the face. Benjamin Church is already lying down bleeding on the floor, so all I have to do is literally walk up to him unopposed and press a button. It's hardly a rewarding experience, which is why I do prefer how games from Unity on have handled it. Just tell me who the target is and let me loose to do it.

The best part of the game are the side content. Skulking around dilapidated, labyrinthine underground tunnels can be a tense, claustrophobic experience, peppered with some welcome simple puzzles to test your reading comprehension. Liberation missions are short and sweet (maybe a bit too short). The array of Homestead missions are great and while nothing groundbreaking, are a great way to gradually get to know some tertiary characters and see your base of operations slowly develop into a village. Hunting wasn't my thing, but I can see how it can appeal to other players. The naval missions are pretty solid and reminds me that I should probably remove Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag from my backlog. The Peg Leg side missions are a joy and my personal favourite is the one that takes place in the decrepit Edinburgh Castle in Jamaica.

I highly disagree with you on the story. I think the story is some of the weakest I've ever seen in the series.

Connor randomly has a strop and yells at Achilles like an ungrateful brat, asking the old man what he's ever done for him. I dunno, mate. Maybe Achilles trained you and gave you everything you need to survive and prosper as an Assassin? The writers could have done anything else to show off Connor's frustration with Achilles for having given up on the Brotherhood after the events of Rogue without painting him as an ungrateful idiot.

Connor also blows up in front of Washington and Haytham when he discovers a Patriot plot to forcibly massacre his tribe on suspicion of their sympathies for the British...only to come back shortly afterwards to help lead the Patriots in Chesapeake, because apparently he's a one-track mind and can only think about hunting down Charles Lee. So what if Washington was going to commit genocide on your people, Connor. At least he's not Charles Lee.

In fact, that's Connor throughout the whole game. He is everyone's useful idiot and he will happily be a useful idiot (though why are these generals happy with allowing some random chump to lead their armies at such pivotal occasions?) so long as he finds Charles Lee, because killing Charles Lee will solve everything apparently? Connor sounds like a man capable of introspection and critical analyses of his current socio-political situation, but his actions barely ever reflect this. His Forrest Gumping around famous battle after famous battle seems to lack any sensible narrative purpose behind it all.

Desmond...good grief. Yes, one of the world's most wanted men can easily fly around the world and infiltrate Manhattan as well as a Brazilian stadium in the middle of a game without so much as setting off alarms despite dressing up so conspicuously. The whole ending is an anticlimax. They clearly rushed this one.

Oh, and my horse in the middle of a chase mission was half-stuck inside a house once. Thanks, Ubisoft.

Last edited:
You madman.

Also, what a coincidence! I just finished up Ass Creed 3 a few days ago too, though it was more a proper replay after having not touched it in like five years now. I still enjoyed my time with the game, but I'm not as fond of it as you given how unpolished it still feels, how aggravating and obtuse a lot of the optional objectives are and the general game design.

Other Assassin's Creed games wisely keep the R1 and X system in place as a means to free-run. That extra X button means I can choose to snap out of free-run mode and just let my character naturally jog without inexplicably feeling the need to stick to and climb everything he sees. But this game removed that extra button and streamlined it so that Haytham and Connor are always free-running. This bugged the shit out of me, especially when thrust into those fidgety tailing or chase sequences, because my character in his infinite wisdom would decide to scale up the nearest obstacles as opposed to just avoid them entirely. Then there are the horses, which are an exercise in frustration, because if my steed does so much as come across a tiny bit of uneven surface, it comes to a crashing halt and sticks to the spot, turning round as fluidly and elegantly as a wooden barge on treacle. That's always a lot of fun when I'm tailing someone on a horse.

The actual main story assassination missions are nothing special. I would have preferred it if the game just told you to look for X (use Eagle Vision if you must) and then kill them, but Ass Creed 3 is too content to dress it all up in a semi-scripted way that I generally have no actual choice in how I approach each mission. The only replay value is to try and fulfill the more annoying, arbitrary optional objectives as opposed to replaying each mission to see what alternative opportunities could be found. The Thomas Hickey assassination for example just literally involves pressing a button to avoid getting hanged and then run forward and press the square button to stab him before George Washington gets a bayonet to the face. Benjamin Church is already lying down bleeding on the floor, so all I have to do is literally walk up to him unopposed and press a button. It's hardly a rewarding experience, which is why I do prefer how games from Unity on have handled it. Just tell me who the target is and let me loose to do it.

The best part of the game are the side content. Skulking around dilapidated, labyrinthine underground tunnels can be a tense, claustrophobic experience, peppered with some welcome simple puzzles to test your reading comprehension. Liberation missions are short and sweet (maybe a bit too short). The array of Homestead missions are great and while nothing groundbreaking, are a great way to gradually get to know some tertiary characters and see your base of operations slowly develop into a village. Hunting wasn't my thing, but I can see how it can appeal to other players. The naval missions are pretty solid and reminds me that I should probably remove Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag from my backlog. The Peg Leg side missions are a joy and my personal favourite is the one that takes place in the decrepit Edinburgh Castle in Jamaica.

I highly disagree with you on the story. I think the story is some of the weakest I've ever seen in the series.

Connor randomly has a strop and yells at Achilles like an ungrateful brat, asking the old man what he's ever done for him. I dunno, mate. Maybe Achilles trained you and gave you everything you need to survive and prosper as an Assassin? The writers could have done anything else to show off Connor's frustration with Achilles for having given up on the Brotherhood after the events of Rogue without painting him as an ungrateful idiot.

Connor also blows up in front of Washington and Haytham when he discovers a Patriot plot to forcibly massacre his tribe on suspicion of their sympathies for the British...only to come back shortly afterwards to help lead the Patriots in Chesapeake, because apparently he's a one-track mind and can only think about hunting down Charles Lee. So what if Washington was going to commit genocide on your people, Connor. At least he's not Charles Lee.

In fact, that's Connor throughout the whole game. He is everyone's useful idiot and he will happily be a useful idiot (though why are these generals happy with allowing some random chump to lead their armies at such pivotal occasions?) so long as he finds Charles Lee, because killing Charles Lee will solve everything apparently? Connor sounds like a man capable of introspection and critical analyses of his current socio-political situation, but his actions barely ever reflect this. His Forrest Gumping around famous battle after famous battle seems to lack any sensible narrative purpose behind it all.

Desmond...good grief. Yes, one of the world's most wanted men can easily fly around the world and infiltrate Manhattan as well as a Brazilian stadium in the middle of a game without so much as setting off alarms despite dressing up so conspicuously. The whole ending is an anticlimax. They clearly rushed this one.

Oh, and my horse in the middle of a chase mission was half-stuck inside a house once. Thanks, Ubisoft.
To quote Adam Sandler in Billy Madison, "a as simple no would have been nice".

I made my post short and sweet. I really enjoyed the game as a whole, for the story and the side missions. I agree that the optional objectives were annoying at times. Why was it necessary that I tackle that random nobody from higher ground? And you give me like 30 seconds of running to do it in with literally 1 place to achieve that? Stupid, I wholeheartedly agree. That objective pissed me off to no end because it was poorly done. I understand their objective (no pun intended) is to get you to use different assassination methods or to give you a challenge to add to a bland eavesdrop or tail mission. Yes, some of them are annoying to no end, but I like the challenge.

Personally, I felt like having Charles Lee as the final adversary instead of Haytham was backwards. Imagine the final Templar you have to take down for the Creed is your father. All the different twists and turns that mission could take, it would be epic. And in every other heirarchy, the lower figure takes the bullet for the boss. Why was this one backwards? Just because Charles Lee was the one who set the fire? Did Haytham give the order or not? Still more interesting for Haytham to be the final target.

And the Desmond stuff I just don't care about. It had no real gameplay value, just a means to why you're playing in the past. So I shrug it off. The Desmond stuff was always boring, in my opinion.

To reiterate, it's still a fun game to play. It has it's hangups in some areas, but what game doesn't? I still recommend it be played if one hasn't played it.

Anyways, back to the thread topic at hand, and to keep on topic at the same time. I just finished Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. So the idea of this game is to take the Naval aspects of AC3 and just build an entire game around that. And personally, I really liked the Naval stuff in AC3, so this was fun. It also polishes the ship battles themselves as well as the upgrades for your ship. And you basically have access to the whole map right out of the gate, which is different than past AC's.

The story was a bit unpolished, in my opinion. Edward Kenway becoming an assassin was way different than from characters in the past. And I think the unpolished nature was basically due to the fact that its a region you deal with instead of just one country/territory. So naturally when different events happen in different countries, you just sort of adjust to the events and influence them if you can. But you never leave a huge dent in their history, per se. But it is living life as a pirate, so I think it's probably natural that it's very transient. But with the numerous ship battles, assassination contracts, side quests and building a fleet, the gameplay is still fun. Being in the Caribbean, the scenery and locales are nice. I wasn't a fan of the fact that you unlock new weapons in the main storyline and sometimes you waited for a long time. I mean, do I really have to wait until Sequence 11 to get my last weapon, really?

I think as a whole, the game was fun and well built. I thought AC3 was better developed and a more complete game, while this game just sort of played as more of a spinoff. But the Naval missions were a fun aspect to spinoff from its predecessor. And with Desmond gone, you're using a new subject. Unfortunately, you're just Subject 17 and it was in 1st person view, so you know nothing about this person, not even their gender. But the gameplay aspect for Subject 17 was a little more interesting than with Desmond. Nothing assassin-like, but you have a computer thingy and you can hack computers, which is always fun. But like my feelings on Desmond, just an intermission before between Sequences of the real game.

Thumbs up.

Back